Benq BL3200PT (32" 1440p)

it seems that it is there. you can best see it when you move the window around.

it seems that it is there. you can best see it when you move the window around.

Ok but the funny thing is that this apparent "problem" if it actually exists hadn't affect me the slightest to the point that I still don't understand why is this a problem? I just can't notice anything.
If it is the case to mention one "flaw" against the BL3200 and it's not actually a flaw itself is that in comparison with the IPS monitors I am used to the colors rendition is really a downgrade and the response time could be better but other than that it's a great monitor for the office applications I use. It's such a good change from working with 27" monitors at 1440p.

I have just finished doing the Google Earth "flickering tests" and happily report that no issue was found. My monitor is flicker free.

Last edited:
I'm looking into upgrading the monitor I use in the office and I keep coming back to this one and the Sammy S32850T. I'm not looking to play games mainly just office tasks etc on a larger monitor. Is the current price point of this monitor worth it at $599? The flicker problem in every video that I have seen is only when the monitor is in a dark setting and running a video/game, it is really that prominent?

I haven't experienced any flickering whatsoever with my BL3200PT. I love working with it in my office. The only better monitor (for me) would be the BL3201PH that I use at my home. I would say for office task the BL3200PT is just a pleasure to work with.

I haven't experienced any flickering whatsoever with my BL3200PT. I love working with it in my office. The only better monitor (for me) would be the BL3201PH that I use at my home. I would say for office task the BL3200PT is just a pleasure to work with.

Sounds good. I'll pick one up this weekend and test if out and report back :)

Thanks!

the BL3200PT is poor for deal pixels. I got 7 on my 1st one and 4 on my 2nd one. sent them both back for refund and won't be trying again for 3rd time.

I got really lucky with mine. No dead or stuck pixels, no flickering, and banding that was practically unnoticeable.

Great monitor. Now that I've gone with a larger 4K display, I won't be going back but I did enjoy my time with the BL3200PT.

Ok so I ended up getting a new one from the local frys and luckily no dead pixels but when I open up any grey screen it see bands of green red and blue kind of like color block... Strangely when I move the grey screen around the bands move with the screen...

Ok so I ended up getting a new one from the local frys and luckily no dead pixels but when I open up any grey screen it see bands of green red and blue kind of like color block... Strangely when I move the grey screen around the bands move with the screen...

Hmm, that's strange. Can you post a picture?

kbRWtqP.jpg

This is in word the gray back areas same thing in outlook and most other grey screens.. not sure what this is

Took delivery of 2 BL3200PT's - Both are perfect. No dead or bright pixels. No vertical banding (at least none that I notice) - No flashing issue.

Mfg date is Jan 2015 and they were supplied by Amazon UK.

Pretty awesome monitors and the BenQ DisplayPilot software is cool (if a little buggy).

The blacks are incredible. Colours are fine (not IPS standard but A+ anyway).

I love them :)

This is in word the gray back areas same thing in outlook and most other grey screens.. not sure what this is

That's certainly odd; I never saw anything like that on mine. Have you tried different inputs to see if it's consistent across DP, HDMI, etc.?

Took delivery of 2 BL3200PT's - Both are perfect. No dead or bright pixels. No vertical banding (at least none that I notice) - No flashing issue.

Mfg date is Jan 2015 and they were supplied by Amazon UK.

Pretty awesome monitors and the BenQ DisplayPilot software is cool (if a little buggy).

The blacks are incredible. Colours are fine (not IPS standard but A+ anyway).

I love them :)

Awesome, glad to hear! :)

Does anyone know if it's true that the Benq version is much better versus samsung when it comes to eyestrain?

From what I have understood the Samsung uses PWM for under 30% brightness while the Benq never uses PWM.

The Samsung is slightly cheaper in my country but I might go for the Benq, also not sure if PWM is that bad just read it somewhere :)

btw is the DPI good enough on these to use the display as "quad display"? so have 4 windows / programs open at the same time?

I purchased one of these monitors this week.

The build quality is excellent and watching movies with a display this size is amazing.

There are no dead pixels but unfortunately it suffers from vertical banding and DSE. There are 2 vertical bands visible on white and grey backgrounds on the left side of the screen and there is some slight clouding on the right .

Perhaps I am expecting too much but I don't think I can live with these flaws, so I am sad to say I will be returning it.

Hmm I ordered an Asus PB328Q, not many reports online so I am a "guinea pig" for it... I am just hoping the input lag is acceptable and then I will prob be happy with it. Definitely looks nice anyway, the bezel etc. But if the image quality or lag is crap then it won't be any use... Certainly looks nicer than the BL3200 though..

P_setting_fff_1_90_end_500.png

Last edited:
I got the Asus version of monitor yesterday, overall I think it is good, except I have noticed that in a dark, or almost dark room on any black areas the screen has an obvious green glow to it, is this normal and has anyone else experienced this? Also the whole panel has a green tint to it out of the box, until you lower the green gain and bias a bit in the OSD....

Do all these panels have a green tinted glow on blacks? This monitor is nice except the green tint due to viewing angle, slightly on normal images but mainly noticeable on dark / black in a dark or almost dark room... Also noticeable on grey backgrounds.

Last edited:
I got the Asus version of monitor yesterday, overall I think it is good, except I have noticed that in a dark, or almost dark room on any black areas the screen has an obvious green glow to it, is this normal and has anyone else experienced this? Also the whole panel has a green tint to it out of the box, until you lower the green gain and bias a bit in the OSD....

Do all these panels have a green tinted glow on blacks? This monitor is nice except the green tint due to viewing angle, slightly on normal images but mainly noticeable on dark / black in a dark or almost dark room... Do I need to return this monitor or do they all do this? Really annoying because other than that it has no other obvious problems and a replacement might have other problems.

I don't recall a green tint, but you're likely experiencing VA cone/glow. Does it subside when you sit further back?

I don't recall a green tint, but you're likely experiencing VA cone/glow. Does it subside when you sit further back?

Yes I can definitely see the VA cone / glow... But it is very green and especially on blacks and greys the green tint is noticeable... IDK if this is normal... if its normal I will get a refund.... if its specific to this screen then I will get a replacement. For example colors in general look fine, but on an angle everything gets a green tint... especially on blacks and greys. Sort of like IPS glow or VA glow / cone... But green instead of white / silver...

Does the PB328Q has a matte coating or is it glossy ?

I would love a 32" VA glossy monitor in 4K or 1440p, but it seems glossy displays are a rare breed nowadays.

Would you mind posting some picture (with the screen on and off) of the Asus ? (even crappy phone photo would do)

Does the PB328Q has a matte coating or is it glossy ?

I would love a 32" VA glossy monitor in 4K or 1440p, but it seems glossy displays are a rare breed nowadays.

Would you mind posting some picture (with the screen on and off) of the Asus ? (even crappy phone photo would do)

I believe the PB328Q is medium-light matte like the other 32'' AMVA+ panels.
There is only one VA (SVA?) that is supposed to be Glossy (not 100% sure) and 32'' and also 4k that is the HP Spectre 32 :)

edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQn45LSVTHQ
here at 5:00 he says its glossy

edit 2: uh-oh. I checked the HP page again and it appears they have changed the static contrast spec of the monitor from 3000:1 to 1000:1
Looks like it has an AHVA (IPS-type) panel and they messed up the spec initially

That green tint is strange, the other VA panels of that size&res (BenQ, Samsung, HP etc.) I've seen tested had a more neutral whitish brightening of blacks off-angle.
Since there are still no reviews of the Asus I can't say if its normal for that monitor.

Last edited:
I have just purchased my Benq and same issues show up. Slight banding and a little yellowish tint from the right side. Would any one with an ok version could post up a picture of what is ok in their opionion?

I was thinking I will go the RMA roulette but would like to see one screen with grey background that prooves its possible to have somewhat acceptable uniformity.

Kind thanks to anybody willing to show if its worth trouble.

I purchased one of these monitors this week.

The build quality is excellent and watching movies with a display this size is amazing.

There are no dead pixels but unfortunately it suffers from vertical banding and DSE. There are 2 vertical bands visible on white and grey backgrounds on the left side of the screen and there is some slight clouding on the right .

Perhaps I am expecting too much but I don't think I can live with these flaws, so I am sad to say I will be returning it.

did you notice when it was manufactured?

i am still thinking about buying it, i had two of them last year and both had the banding problem. i am wondering if they fixed it with the mfg date of jan 2015....

did you notice when it was manufactured?

i am still thinking about buying it, i had two of them last year and both had the banding problem. i am wondering if they fixed it with the mfg date of jan 2015....

Well I tried my luck with another which arrived today, but unfortunately it has the same problem.

The manufacturing date is March 2015 and it seems the uniformity is even worse than my first one. The side to the left of the band is noticeably brighter than the rest of the screen, and there is a reddish tint towards the right side.

This is a problem inherent to the panel itself.

I'm still undecided whether to get an exchange or just get a refund.

Tried this monitor this weekend, just couldn't get used to it.

Coming from a Dell u2713hm and was hoping the extra inches would help my old eyes (IPS 27 inch 2560x1440)

While I like VA panels on smaller monitors, I just didn't like it on a 32 inch display.

Plus I forgot my own golden rule with displays, less than 10K pixels per square inch means screen door effect and that was clearly visible on this display (dell was 11K pixels, Benq was 8K pixels)

By the way, I got mine from Amazon and the manufacturer date was June 2015, super fresh, so not sure what panel I got.

I didn't see glare though and I usually hate glossy monitors so I don't think this was glossy.

Would anyone know the version of the latest firmware? I just received a refurb with firmware V02/20140324, and it still has the dreaded flickering issue. :(

My left side of display is much brighter then right side.

is this something I can RMA or should I just accept this problem with the display?

yGH0XjU.jpg

Last edited:
Is here anyone from UK who bought this monitor from OCUK, Scan, or Amazon UK?
I would like to see how many of you had issues from these particular shops to narrow down which one might have better batches:)

Is here anyone from UK who bought this monitor from OCUK, Scan, or Amazon UK?
I would like to see how many of you had issues from these particular shops to narrow down which one might have better batches:)

just picked one up phinix, perfect to my eyes. no back light bleed ( va glow but its minimal and part of the technology ) the colors are amazing, the contrast is weak but decent enough. You might want to read about the response time, its taken me 2 days to get used to the slower response coming from 6 years of TN, at first I thought it was broken and now I don't notice and my kill ratio has gone up from my last panel .. go figure.

i 'might' have that bar, if i do i have only 'perceived' it once ever so slightly on the steam client background, im not sure if it was that .. basically to my eyes I don’t have that vertical bar. I have no bleed, uniformity is perfect

( is this an AH-VA ? I have no cone or purpleness like I have seen on cheap VA panesl ? )

Its taken a bit of tweaking and adjustment but apart from not being glossy its just about perfect. Then I read there is a semi-glossy / glossy one (FFS).. Alas, I have had my share of panel lottery and I have as close to perfect as I can expect at this size and price so until a 120hz VA 34" with good managed response times @ 4k comes out Im sticking with this.

btw the build quality on the benq is really good. Also the colors needed almost no calibration at all, the gamma was tracked out of the box great too with no speakable VA crush.

swapped from a 28" 4k to this and im really pleased now. ( its PPI/Detail is just about acceptable, but not mind blowing, its a 24" 1080p screen at 32" and it feels like it coming from a 25" 1080p screen but that doesn’t mean its blurry or pixelated you do feel that sense of it being 1440p a bit still )

btw the coating on this is exellent for matte, Im a die hard glossy fan and this is doable for sure, the Asus by comparison even though it was meant to be 'light and clear' by reviews and owners is not , it sparkled. Trust me, if you get a good one of these screens you won't be disappointed if you like bright vibrant colors on your games and images but perhaps not the last word in PPI or motion fluidity.

Last edited:
I recently purchased 2x of these from Canada Computers retail store, in Canada of course :)

What's the best way for me to see this "banding" that everyone is talking about? I've already seen some videos and people complaining about the anti-ghosting feature to cause crazy flickering.

My panels seem perfect *to me* at the moment, as I haven't noticed any abnormal behaviour. It could be that my previous panels (2x Asus 27" VE278Q) were just low quality.

The manufacturing date on both panels were July 2015, I purposely made sure I got 2 *relatively* similar panels or at least from the *same* group to ensure that they look kind of identical out of the box.

As a side note I have them both connected through DVI which seem to be the best and more stable connection type in my experience.

[X]eltic;1040899297 said:
Yeah, it happens occasionally. But I wouldn't call it a problem. Minor issue.

---

I changed my settings once again. Have this now:

Brightness - 17
Contrast - 50
Sharpness - 5
Gamma - 2
Color Temperature - User Define (R 100, G 94, B 99)
Hue - 50
Saturation - 55
AMA - High for desktop environments, premium for most games and movies.
Picture Mode - User

+5 saturation brings the colors back to life at lower brightness levels.

Thanks X. Your settings look great with my new BenQ BL3200PT. Maybe I'm one of the lucky ones as I don't have any banding problems @ all. The blacks are insane great! No dead pixels (fingers crossed) I'm a gamer but I don't do FPS type of games. A lot of turn-based games like Age of Wonders III, Heroes of Might & Magic VII etc. Bought this with Jet.com for $449.99 (20% off 1st time purchase) Funny as it was filled by Newegg. Killer display for the coin!

Funny thing I noticed, the touch sensitive button would randomly come on and off, after some investigation it turns out to be the plugs I'm using in my surge protector.

I switched to these "always on" ports and the issue seemed to stop. I noticed similar reports where users had to use isolated circuits, like removing a lamp or another device off the same plug.

How do I access that?

For bringing up the service menu the steps are:
1. Turn off your monitor (tap power and then wait 5 seconds) if it is already on.
2. Cover the MENU touch button (the 4th touch button out of 5, excluding power touch button)
3. While covering the MENU touch button, tap the power button.
4. Nothing will happen for 2 seconds. Ignore this hesistation.
5. All lights will flash simultaneously.
6. Release your finger off the MENU touch button.
7. Monitor will power up. Wait for the monitor to power on.
8. When the monitor is displaying computer desktop, tap the MENU button
9. Service menu will appear, showing firmware version of your monitor. If the service menu doesn’t show up, something might be wrong. But try the above first.
file

Back