Benq BL3200PT (32" 1440p)

" but now that Benq has identified the problem and offers a fix for it, it has no contender in its particular category (The Benq version of this panel is the best one, and other brands as samsung and acer also have the flicker problem "
How would BenQ fix this ?

I had a flickering one before starting an RMA. They simply took back the faulty one and sent me a new one that was built in november (seems like every one of those which is built in november or later is flicker-free). The whole process took less than a week.

I don't have any flicker on the new one.

(BTW, i'm in europe)

Where else should i test the monitor for flickering ?
I did on Origin / Google Earth / but i couldn't see any
When i play War Thunder, on some maps i see something similar, but i'm not sure if it's flickering or just because of that map / slow videocard for 1440p
My videocard is GTX 660, i want to replace it soon. When those similar " flickering " appears, i have about 44-46 fps, with V-Sync ON

Last edited:
Took delivery of mine today and its also made in November 14.

Not sure how to test for flicker though. Started up the Origin client and scrolled around but didnt notice anything.

I just had a quick look during lunch and mine seem to have three stubborn pixels.
Im not sure if they are stuck red or dead/black but all three is at eye level, two on each side and one in the middle.
Annoying to say the least, does BenQ have some kind of pixel policy?

Other than that im pleased, for me this format seems better than the 34" 21:9.
Cant wait to fire up Elite Dangerous once I get home tonight.

Took delivery of mine today and its also made in November 14.

Not sure how to test for flicker though. Started up the Origin client and scrolled around but didnt notice anything.

I just had a quick look during lunch and mine seem to have three stubborn pixels.
Im not sure if they are stuck red or dead/black but all three is at eye level, two on each side and one in the middle.
Annoying to say the least, does BenQ have some kind of pixel policy?

Other than that im pleased, for me this format seems better than the 34" 21:9.
Cant wait to fire up Elite Dangerous once I get home tonight.

Where did you buy yours?

Mine came from a Scandinavian retailer. (Dustin)

Ive tried Elite Dangerous and there is a BLB like effect from the edges and 3" inward.
If I move my head a bit sideways or turn the screen towards me it vanishes at that side.

I guess its because im viewing the pixels from such an angle, maybe a wide screen like this would benefit from a curve.
Moving the seating position further back also counters this effect.

For now ive only noticed this in Elite Dangerous, in Photoshop its not problem with a dark background.
Maybe its the mix of dark edges and brighter objects at other areas that cause this?

Last edited:
Hello guys, sorry for my english.
After reading many review and post here I finally buyed this monitor, mainly because of pefect size, ppi ratio.
Mine is from september, after some test it looks like it doesnt have any flickering, but has some vertical banding, do u thing this is normal or i should return, exchange it? Its quite annoying in games on blue sky.

2airccy.jpg

And about the responsein games, I find using AMA on premium the best, on high its still to blurry for me.

Last edited:
Hello guys, sorry for my english.
After reading many review and post here I finally buyed this monitor, mainly because of pefect size, ppi ratio.
Mine is from september, after some test it looks like it doesnt have any flickering, but has some vertical banding, do u thing this is normal or i should return, exchange it? Its quite annoying in games on blue sky.

2airccy.jpg

And about the responsein games, I find using AMA on premium the best, on high its still to blurry for me.

That's about normal from what I've seen

Thats bad, those two lines cannot been unseen in bright places in games and I compare the response with my old ips philips 240pw, on ama high its definitely more blurry, on premium its good but there is big ghosting.
So I thing i will send it back and wait for something better to come for me, the upcoming Acer Predator XB270HU looks perfect, but i wish it was 32" :)

Last time I bought a display Dell had a zero pixel warranty. Whats it like nowadays with BenQ, noticed 3 dead or red pixels on my BL3200.

There is a review of Qnix320qhd on Tft central if anyone is thinking alternatives.

Benq is much better on every aspect except input lag because Qnix320qhd has almost no signal processing but because it does not use overdrive either g2g response times average 24ms making low input lag useless as well as overclocking which can be done up to 75.

The QX320QHD Players reviewed had a 39ms delay and twice as much contrast, but shared the improperly functioning brightness controls (kills the contrast & screws up the gamma), awful colour presets and very slow pixel response times.

Looking for a good icm profile for this screen.

Already tried the tft central profile.
Gamma@1 seems overly bright and slightly washed out, while gamma 2 is a little off :(

Any recommendation concerning a budget (but accurate) colorimeter ?

Looking for a good icm profile for this screen.

Already tried the tft central profile.
Gamma@1 seems overly bright and slightly washed out, while gamma 2 is a little off :(

Any recommendation concerning a budget (but accurate) colorimeter ?

If using HDMI, have you changed HDMI RGB PC Range to 0~255 from Picture advanced?
Are you using native resolution? Some resolutions for example 1920x1080 are washed out.

If using HDMI, have you changed HDMI RGB PC Range to 0~255 from Picture advanced?
Are you using native resolution? Some resolutions for example 1920x1080 are washed out.

I'm using Displayport with either ycbcr444 or RGB full range (0-255) depending on the type of media i'm watching.

It's the current profile i'm using (the one from TFTcentral), combined with gamma 1 which makes the colors slightly washed out.

I've had 3 returns with BenQ and gone through 10 monitors. I'll tell you right now, the only thing that is fixable is the Flickr. The most they can do else wise is calibrate two monitors to have similar colors/brightness.

The vertical banding is not fixable and they consider it withing tolerance of their QA.

I've had 3 returns with BenQ and gone through 10 monitors. I'll tell you right now, the only thing that is fixable is the Flickr. The most they can do else wise is calibrate two monitors to have similar colors/brightness.

The vertical banding is not fixable and they consider it withing tolerance of their QA.

Man I really wanted this monitor to work for me :(

They should have another crack at this, same everything but IPS or PLS.... 120Hz if they can do it but that's my wishlist :p

Has anyone recently bought one from Amazon?

I'm wondering whether their inventory includes the "build in November" panels where the flickering is fixed.

Has anyone recently bought one from Amazon?

I'm wondering whether their inventory includes the "build in November" panels where the flickering is fixed.

Also depends on which warehouse it's shipped from.
If anybody has ordered from Amazon, could you tell us which region of the US (if US) and build?

Could an owner of the BenQ BL3200PT please tell me how deep (thick) the monitor is without it's stand?

The website says 23 cm but that's almost 9 inches and doesn't seem correct.

I need to know how thick the monitor is on a vesa mount.

Thanks.

Mine has developed a nasty cluster of bad pixels. BenQ is sending a new one with UPS, who will take the old one at the same time (Netherlands). Unfortunately, they forgot to mention _when_ UPS will come.. Has anyone experience with BenQ.nl? I received the RMA form today, should I pack my monitor for tomorrow and arrange for someone to be at home?

Mine has developed a nasty cluster of bad pixels. BenQ is sending a new one with UPS, who will take the old one at the same time (Netherlands). Unfortunately, they forgot to mention _when_ UPS will come.. Has anyone experience with BenQ.nl? I received the RMA form today, should I pack my monitor for tomorrow and arrange for someone to be at home?

Once you have got the RMA form (which has to be included in the package with the monitor), they should send you a printable UPS label which you'lll have to put onto your monitor's package.

From then, you simply go onto UPS's website and schedule a collection ("Shipping" tab at the top of the website) and you choose when they come to pick it up.

Once they have received your faulty monitor, they'll send a new back. That's what happened with my RMA (all of Benq's RMAs in europe are handled at the same place)

Nope. Luckily I packed the monitor last night at 2am, and asked a friend to stay at home to welcome any UPS driver. Who came around noon.

Quick yes, but good service requires good communication as well.

And the replacement.... I can't write about it yet, I am livid. This is supposed to be a prime manufacturer? Really? And this is the way they deal with customers? No more BenQ for me. EVER! I'll post a little summary once I've cooled down.

Hi,
I got mine from a french reseller LDLC, it was manufactured in december 2014 and....

...flickers in Maps, Earth, origine web site, and here too : http://www.gdargaud.net/Hack/DeadPixel/MagentaGreen.html and has banding too.

The firmware version is : V03/20141020

I should add that when I was assembling the monitor, I did found at least 5 scratch on the panel :mad:...
That makes me think this monitor has already been returned by someone, not sure.

EDIT : some pictures

584815IMG20150306155538.jpg

584865IMG20150306102842.jpg

204698IMG20150306103245.jpg

and video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TFXkSXdp6w

Last edited:
Wow. Flickering with a manufacture date of 12/14. Not encouraging.
Those scratches are unacceptable. Try one more exchange.

Yeah, there's something funky going on with that. In no way should a brand new monitor be scratched up like that. Heck, I would consider that unacceptable on a refurb!

I did called the french hotline explained the scratch + all other panel issues, the guy said he was very curious about the scratches since I told him the packaging was ok without any bump.

But he asked me to fill the form on BenQ web site...I wonder what is the hotline fonction :p ...

So I did, and uploaded pictures + link to Youtube video.

Now all I can do is wait.

Do you think in my case (scratch on the panel) they would directly exchange the old monitor for a new one at the same time? I mean : when UPS will come to pick my "old" BL3200 would they also come with the new monitor?

OK, cooled down. A bit at least. Details as requested.

I had a perfect monitor. In new condition, but it developed a 5mm cluster of bad pixels at a very visible area. So I requested a repair. After having to send in some pictures I received an RMA form. I filled this in and packed the monitor.

As requested, I just packed the screen and the stand, and wrapped all in plastic bags (the original packaging) to keep pieces of styrofoam getting into the monitor and keeping things nice and clean.

I should add that I use this monitor for home use but also for work. Going without a monitor for a long period is not an option, so the direct exchange offered - the UPS guy would pick up the defective one and leave a new one - sounded quite good service indeed. Unfortunately they didn't answer my request for information when :confused: the pickup would be. I packed it immediately and arranged for a friend to watch my home. Lucky I did that, because the next day the UPS guy showed up. With no clue what to do with the defective monitor - he just was told to deliver a parcel. My friend had to argue and call UPS to get them to take the packed defective monitor with them. Sounds like BenQ's RMA system needs work.

When I arrived at home I was hoping for a new monitor, expecting a refurb. What I found was an insult.:mad:

The monitor was clearly used. Packed haphazardly in some plastic sheet, lots of styrofoam was sticking to the screen. The stand was not packed in plastic at all. Everything was absolutely filthy! :eek: Dust, grime, some sticky stuff, pieces of sticky tape left on the screen etc. It was disgusting. I don't have mysophobia, but I got out some rubber gloves, a rag and some mild detergent and scrubbed for over an hour before I dared touch this! I had to throw the rag away afterward, couldn't get it clean!

I would have sent this just back as is, but with the weekend and a load of work waiting to get done, I needed a monitor!

Included in the parcel were also 2 old cables for power and VGA, and a squashed box with an equally squashed remote control puck inside.

This leads to the conclusion this is just a return from another customer, that was not even opened and checked before they sent it back out again. A refurb in my book is a cleaned, checked and properly repacked monitor, not some junk returned by someone who can't even spell "personal hygiene". I called this an insult, and that's exactly what it is. BenQ clearly has no respect whatsoever for their customers! If they dare ship out something like this as a replacement, they must not really care about their reputation either. And here I thought they were really getting there becoming an A status company, up there with the reputed brands like Sony, Panasonic, Philips etc. Back to C in my book now.

"Well, at least I can make my deadline" I thought, and started working. OK, the monitor works. Be gratefull for small things I suppose.:rolleyes:

After an hour's work, when the monitor had warmed up, I noticed a horrid smell. I quickly identified the monitor as the source. My family complained I shouldn't let visitors smoke, but no-one had been at home.

Now things fell into place. This monitor was previously owned by a heavy smoker. The filth and grime was the tar deposit from the tobacco smoke. And the stench was the filth deposited on the electronics, which I could not clean and which would evaporate the typical smoke stench you smell from tobacco addicts' stuff.

If you're a person who's done some computer repairs, and you've opened a computer that's been operated in a smoker's home for years, you'll know what I'm talking about.

Since the monitor operates without problems, I doubt BenQ will replace it. I will however send in a complaint and let you guys know how it went.

Wow. I would not be happy with that AT ALL. I would be demanding a replacement, and one that has been personally inspected first!

@Iserlohn it looks like we are in the same boat...

I have contacted BenQ rather than my reseller, and after reading your post I realy wonder if it is the right choice.

BenQ or reseller : one of them is refurbishing , but even if BenQ is the culprit I guess the reseller is aware he is buying refurbished monitor and pay it less...

My reseller is Amazon.fr. And they pointed me to BenQ. So no options there.

I just placed my order for a Philips BDM4065UC. I have no further trust in BenQ. If I can get an exchange that is decent I'll sell it. If not, I'll have to trash it, the stench is unbearable and it's too cold still to work with windows open.

Back