Benq BL3200PT (32" 1440p)

I gotta say though, the FG2421 black screen test is quite impressive. But it cheats and starts backlight bleeding on grays. Weirdest display ever.

This has really piqued my interest. It's down to $699 now. I wish there were a way to view monitors locally--unfortunately, the closest we have is Best Buy, and their entire selection consists of 1080p TN panels. :(

This has really piqued my interest. It's down to $699 now. I wish there were a way to view monitors locally--unfortunately, the closest we have is Best Buy, and their entire selection consists of 1080p TN panels. :(

Where do you see it for $699?

A website with a some issues has it for $699 (use to be buy.com), MacMall for $749

Just need one review so I can order it.

Google Shopping gives a pretty decent overview. r(a) kuten has it for 699. No experience with them though.

My one experience with MacMall was that they aren't necessarily the cheapest, but their service is really good.

Last edited:
Recomended price for Europe is 600 Euro so <700$ pricing in US should be norm

I'm not even going to bother reviewing any more monitors until the Swift comes out. 60Hz is just not going to cut it anymore.

Amazon has it for $710 right now, only 2 left in stock. With Prime shipping.

I'm going to wait for a review before I buy though.

B&H has it for $699 right now ships 7-14 days though.

Yeah the price is good. someone (TFTcentral) needs to publish a review soon. Unless it has major problems, this is the screen I've been waiting for for a year.

Would be great to see a comparison of the BL2710PT and the BL3200PT. I've been saving some Amazon points and will be visiting family in a state with no sales tax next week. With the 21" TN monitor I have now, I find myself hunching over frequently to read stuff on the screen. The pixel density of 24" 1200p monitors is ideal for me (I have dual 24's at the office), and it seems the BL3200PT is fairly close to that so that I could place it much farther away for less close-range focusing.

I've never used a VA monitor but I'd guess that darker blacks and a larger screen == easier text, which could be ideal for writing code.

Given the choice between those two, I'd pick the one with better quality (backlight uniformity, color uniformity, etc.)

Yeah the price is good. someone (TFTcentral) needs to publish a review soon. Unless it has major problems, this is the screen I've been waiting for for a year.

If you follow TFTcentral on Twitter they have the BL3200 now for review and have posted a few bits and pieces as they go :)

Would be great to see a comparison of the BL2710PT and the BL3200PT. I've been saving some Amazon points and will be visiting family in a state with no sales tax next week. With the 21" TN monitor I have now, I find myself hunching over frequently to read stuff on the screen. The pixel density of 24" 1200p monitors is ideal for me (I have dual 24's at the office), and it seems the BL3200PT is fairly close to that so that I could place it much farther away for less close-range focusing.

I've never used a VA monitor but I'd guess that darker blacks and a larger screen == easier text, which could be ideal for writing code.

Given the choice between those two, I'd pick the one with better quality (backlight uniformity, color uniformity, etc.)

The real downsides to MVA panels are the uneven and laggy pixel response, and the clouding. This will vary from unit to unit and I'm guessing some of these 3200PTs will be awful and some will be amazing--just like the BL2710PT--even though they are totally different tech, they will both have wide quality variances.

I tell you one thing, the housing is smashing. The bezels are remarkably thin and so the overall footprint of the thing won't be so bad.

What GPU would be ok, with all details to "high" / AA / AF / for 1440p ?
GTX 780 ?

780/290 should be enough. In the high end those are the best bargains anyways. And you can always get a second one.

It's not glossy or wide gamut and it uses a VA panel - http://pcmonitors.info/benq/benq-bl3200pt-va-with-2560-x-1440-resolution. I'm really interested in this one!

Confirmed to be semi-glossy by PC Monitors.

Semi glossy! Even better.

Does the BenQ BL3200PT have glossy, semi-glossy or matte coating?

Semi glossy.

Review of the Acer B326HUL which is also semi-glossy. Use Google or Chrome to translate.

It says it has a 3H hard coating. That's not good at all.

Maybe try reading the threads you post in for once, and stop making silly claims based off of obviously over exposed back-light pictures.

http://www.panelook.com/M270DAN01.0_AUO_27.0_LCM_overview_19766.html
http://www.panelook.com/LM270WQ3-SLA1_LG Display_27.0_LCM_overview_18518.html

Both of these panels use semi-glossy coatings but the Surface is referred to as Antiglare, Hard coating (3H)

Last edited:
I currently have an Apple Cinema Display hooked up to my gaming PC and have begun to hate the lack of inputs and no physical buttons at all. I will basically be buying a new desk and moving my ACD to be a permanent photo/productivity monitor with a MBP.

I have been stressing over a replacment monitor though. I really liked the look of the 21:9 34 inch monitors, but don't care too much for that aspect ratio with RTS games and the fact that many games may never natively support the aspect ratio and constantly needing workarounds.

I have never had 120 Hz, never seen it, so I don't know what I am missing and don't want to know honestly.

Therefore my criteria was this:

1) Glossy
2) 27+
3) 1440p-1600p (I don't have the GPU power to push any more than I already do)
4) 8-bit
5) Sleek/Stylish

I saw BenQ on this thread and overlooked it assuming it would be crap (I guess I am prejudice against brands I don't know much about). I randomly came in here today and I think this may be the perfect monitor. I love the look/style of it. Everything points to semi-glossy (I would prefer straight glossy, but hopefully this will do). The size looks amazing (for example, even though I currently game at 1440p...with resize-able windows in EVE I will have much more screen real estate).

I am waiting for the review from TFT Central, but I really think this may be the monitor I have been waiting for!

Has this been officially released in the US? Stock seems flaky on the various websites and prices are fluctuating a lot...which typically points to it being released overseas and not here.

Also...BenQ. I have never owned this brand, nor have I known anyone who has. How are their warranty's / customer service? Also, panel quality?

It's 799 on Benq North America Store. It's definitely been released. Benq does the standard 3 year warranty and I have no idea how their cust service is.

Did some searching on the forums. Apparently there was an official BenQ rep here that got banned (?!?!?). There were some rants about their customer service taking weeks with cross-shipping in 2011.

Sigh...not sure what to do. I really want this monitor, but I also want support if something goes wrong.

Did some searching on the forums. Apparently there was an official BenQ rep here that got banned (?!?!?). There were some rants about their customer service taking weeks with cross-shipping in 2011.

Sigh...not sure what to do. I really want this monitor, but I also want support if something goes wrong.

Just get it from Amazon. It's $710 currently with Prime (but out of stock atm). No hassle return/exchanges. I went through 6 Viewsonic VP2770s with them in a span of 3 months and no issues (didn't pay a cent either).

Just get it from Amazon. It's $710 currently with Prime (but out of stock atm). No hassle return/exchanges. I went through 6 Viewsonic VP2770s with them in a span of 3 months and no issues (didn't pay a cent either).

I wasn't that worried about INITIAL defects (because of how good Amazon is). :D

I wish Microcenter would carry this. I would just pay for their no hassle return for the first 2 years.

Basically, $700 is quite a bit of money to sink if the product fails after the first month. I did read that BenQ restructured their customer service center and brought it to the US sometime around 1+ years ago. Most of the rants seem to be from 2011.

I wasn't that worried about INITIAL defects (because of how good Amazon is). :D

I wish Microcenter would carry this. I would just pay for their no hassle return for the first 2 years.

Basically, $700 is quite a bit of money to sink if the product fails after the first month. I did read that BenQ restructured their customer service center and brought it to the US sometime around 1+ years ago. Most of the rants seem to be from 2011.

Ah! I see. How common is it for monitors to develop problems 1-2 years down the road? I've had my Samsung TN for about 8 years now, and it's still as flawless as day one.

I pay attention to warranty/customer service when I buy hard drives, but not when I buy a CPU or motherboard...where do monitors fall in that span?

Ah! I see. How common is it for monitors to develop problems 1-2 years down the road? I've had my Samsung TN for about 8 years now, and it's still as flawless as day one.

I pay attention to warranty/customer service when I buy hard drives, but not when I buy a CPU or motherboard...where do monitors fall in that span?

I feel the same as you. I have never had a monitor fail. Even the ones I had a while ago that I sold to either family or friends all still work for them (heck...near 10 year old Acer still looks beautiful for my brother). The thing is, all of those monitors were under $300. When I purchased the Apple monitor for ~1k I decided to get Applecare because I live relatively close to an Apple store and their customer service is great.

Assuming the reviews are good I think this monitor looks worth the gamble. I really hope this 32" 2560x1440 becomes popular because 4K is too many pixels for cost-effective gaming.

And i hope to see 36-42 2560x1400/2560x1600 for similar reasons of not needing insance gpu to drive that, yet have larger size then load of fullhd TVs of those sizes.

UK price is £509 from Debenhams...

I'm still wondering if its good for games.
I was waiting for bigger screens with 1440p resolution. 32" would be perfect I think... Only worried about that refresh rate for games...

My guess - standart 60Hz like for similar resolution 27 & 30". And no need for DP 1.2 MST or HDMI 2 alongside uber expensive gpus like for 4K displays to get that.

wait for a proper review

I don't see the point in waiting for a review.
This is the only 2560x1440 VA panel available so it's not like there are alternatives. :p
Display advancements have been glacial since 2011 so I doubt there will be anything better for years.

I don't see the point in waiting for a review.
This is the only 2560x1440 VA panel available so it's not like there are alternatives. :p
Display advancements have been glacial since 2011 so I doubt there will be anything better for years.

I agree. I've been waiting for a 1440p 30"+ monitors for over a year. The only reason I'm waiting for a review is to make sure the monitor doesn't have any glaring issues that would make it unusable for me. Granted, I could find out for myself by ordering one from Amazon (and returning it if necessary) but I would prefer not to waste time testing it when TFTcentral's review is imminent.

Ehh fucked up color profiles, bad configuration of overdrive, bad regulation of brightness or insane input lag can kill any monitor

It seems to be the same as the Acer B326UL except it has adjustable overdrive (AMA High=slow pixel response times and AMA Premium=obvious overshoot ghosting) while the Acer lacks overdrive settings and overshoots.

Do you think this BenQ BL3200PT is ok for gaming ? ( racing, FPS, mmorpg )
Did anyone here played on this monitor ?
How is the input lag ? Hz ? Response time ? Colors ? OSD Settings ?
I'm not a professional gamer, i mean, it doesen't bother me if the input lag is not as good as the TN monitors.

Try reading the thread....fail for a 5+ year member.

TFT posted their review early...but they are charging $1 for it...I may end up buying it later (general release on the website is next Friday). I am impatient haha.

TFT posted their review early...but they are charging $1 for it...I may end up buying it later (general release on the website is next Friday). I am impatient haha.

I just tried to buy it for 15 minutes.
Endless errors and issues using the Paypal method and then I could never change the payment method without making a new account from scratch.

Screw it. If their purchase process takes that much effort and *still* doesn't work, my goodness how awful.

Pretty reasonable really, much like what Prad do too.
I'll probably download that later too to get it early :)

Back