BenQ BL3200 randomly undetected. Getting worse.

Despotes

Gawd
Just got my monitor last week. Using DisplayPort cable it worked fine for 2 days. 1st symptom was not coming out of hibernation. Starting the pc the light stays blinking yellow. Says DP undetected or something and no cable attached. I tried DVI-D cable and it eventually turns on while DP cable is till plugged in. Repeatedly select DP and it eventually switches to DP input and comes on.
Today it's worse. Tried both DP and DVI-D and it wouldn't turn on. I repeatedly turn off and on the monitor selecting both inputs and after 5 minutes of doing this dance it finally turns on.
Do I have a turd that needs returning?

That does sound wrong. Your best bet for troubleshooting is try to a known-good computer and monitor cable. (attach this monitor to another computer)

If it does the same thing... something is wrong.

i have three of them and sometimes and i have to hit the button to get it to turn on but once that happens its all good.

It happens even using the DVI cable and input. This morning I tried both Display Port and DVI, randomly turning it off and on and selecting between the two inputs for at least 5 minutes until it finally was detected. I just RMA'd with Newegg.

Update. DVI is now working consistently, but Displayport is not. Tried a different cable, same. I tried an Asus 5870 and the Displayport works fine. Swapped both cards in and out 3 times to verify. It seems my Asus Strix 970 is at fault. Tried the latest bios for the card, but same thing.
Another update: Turn the monitor off before turning the pc off. Turn on pc wait a minute or two for Windows to load and turn the monitor on. This works consistently so far using the Displayport.

Last edited:
Back