BenQ BL2710PT Review: 2560x1440 Matte AHVA (AUO's Version of IPS/PLS)

Have you tried overclocking it ?

Not yet. All of the multi-input 1440p+ monitors tested have dropped frames once oc'd. I will oc+verify with the Blur Busters test

1.) vp27 > beq bl27; but with user settings benq bl27 > vp27.

2.) Any feelings on quality control/reliability between them ?

1.) VP2770>BL2710PT (User Mode+User Color Temperature) but the differences are minimal. If you don't own a calibrated monitor then the preset quality differences won't matter. I prefer the Viewsonic's default presentation of skin tones since the BenQ's gamma is skewed in the 60%+ gray range but I have a calibrated monitor to compare to.

2.) The BL2710PT's sample size is too small to make an educated assumption. Always buy from retailers with hassle free return+exchange policies [Amazon/BB/Buy/Microcenter/Wal-Mart/FS (Canada)/Memory Express (Canada)].

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Compared 20-ish color combinations with PixerPixAn's Chase Test (refer to my VP2770 Review for examples), the BenQ's AMA High (Default Setting) is the best. Premium=overshoot (light/dark/colored transparent glow/shields forming around objects) nightmare & Off slows the pixels down to much.

High was free from overshoot in all of the combos & games I've tried so far. As always I set my displays to clone mode (used to use the Crossover 2720MDP as my "reference," display since it is faster than most IPS/PLS & free from overshoot) the entire time & compared the BenQ to the Qnix QX2710 when using PixerPixAn. The BenQ always showed slightly to noticeably less color streaking/smearing than the Qnix.

I will also compare the BenQ to the Crossover 2755AMG which is also faster than the Qnix. I don't own a VP2770 or Crossover 2720MDP anymore so I will not be able determine who the Flash is. We will have to wait for oscilloscope measurements.

Viewing Angles & Glow are "as good as they normally get," for an IPS/PLS panel but not as good as my matte Qnix or the Eizo EV2736W reviewed by =DEAD= (overclock.ru) which have very little glow.

Need to measure the screen (brightness/color temperature/black level) screen uniformity, take some PixerPixAn pictures & perform some subjective lag tests.

Last edited:
I don't own a VP2770 or Crossover 2720MDP anymore

:eek: :eek: :eek:
That came as a complete surprise ! Wondering with which monitor you finally replaced the VP2770 (QNIX QX2710, BL2710PT, other) ?

Last edited:
So you prefer the qnix over the vp2770; does the vp2770 have any advantages over the qnix ?

The VP2770 has noticeably less color smearing/streaking than the Qnix, color controls, better build quality/casing, can be used with consoles & has a height adjustable stand. I don't prefer the Qnix.

Last edited:
Contrast ratio is 1000:1 in the User Mode before & after calibration @ 0-100% brightness

Beside Matte Qnix @140nits

The BenQ's coating is slightly lighter than the Qnix's just like LG's new semi-glossy coating found the NEC P242W and the AH-IPS panels listed here.

Main Criticisms

-Mediocre 81.6% Absolute sRGB Color Space Coverage (Problem if users enable color management in programs like Photoshop & Lightroom) vs. 99.6% Print Test Coverage=Amazing for regular use
-Default gamma should be better (User Mode/User Color Temperature/Gamma 2=best default settings)
-Stand can only be raised 17cm. When working like having the tops of my monitors bezels match the height of the top of my head so I don't look down. I could lower my chair but I don't like having my kb/m so high.

The BenQ BL2710PT is the monitor buy over the Asus PB278Q, Dell U2713HM (run away screaming from it), Samsung S27A850D & LG 27EA83R (sRGB Version, 120hz LED PWM Dimming Frequency) if the Viewsonic VP2770 & Eizo EV2736W are to expensive or not available. My matte Qnix has far less glow but it does have noticeable light bleeding even when the lights are on.

Last edited:
0.14 black @140/desired brightness=1000:1 contrast ratio

Contrast ratio drops to 170:1 when 1080p is selected when using Displayport, nothing changes when using DVI.

Got mine. Will take some getting used to, coming from a 120hz 24". It seems to do 72hz without issues though, so that helps some!

Mine oc'd to 72hz but dropped frames, best to keep it at 60. No multi-input 1440p monitor has been proven/able to oc without dropping frames.

Got mine. Will take some getting used to, coming from a 120hz 24". It seems to do 72hz without issues though, so that helps some!
Any quality control issues? e.g. bleeding, pixels etc?
Also how do you find it in regards to responsiveness?

Well, as I've used a XL2420T for a while prior it felt sluggish. But I think switching to anything would, and that only took a short while to get used to. No complaints really input-lag wise. No dead pixels that I'm aware of. Love the extra workspace, esp when doing office work from home.

There is some bleed in the bottom right corner, seen others mention this as well. But to be perfectly honest it's just something I notice if I'm specifically looking for it. And I'm not really a reviewer, so I don't have the benefit of having tested a lot of different displays for objective judgment.

begining to sound like the benq is not much better than the qnix ? At least with regards to ghosting ?

Check out the Test UFO Ghosting Test on both nemmera.

When the XL2420T's AMA is enabled it will streak/smear considerably less (sub 3ms pixel response times) but it suffers from obvious (IMO, PRAD's measurements confirm this) overshoot ghosting. When AMA is set to Off the BenQ's pixel response times are slower than most modern IPS/PLS/AHVA.

So if you set AMA high on the bl2710pt is it OK? Is it as good as the VP2770 or the U2713HM? Do you notice any obvious ghosting or trailing when you move windows for instance? I'm not an FPS pro gamer, just a casual gamer so i don't mind a bit of input lag but ghosting is just terrible. I first encounter ghosting on a Dell U2713H which i quickly got rid of it.
I have already ordered this Benq bl2710pt monitor and it is on the way to my home, to replace a dell u2713HM. I hope i won't regret this. Cross hatching on u2713HM was disgusting! :mad:

Well, as I've used a XL2420T for a while prior it felt sluggish. But I think switching to anything would, and that only took a short while to get used to. No complaints really input-lag wise. No dead pixels that I'm aware of. Love the extra workspace, esp when doing office work from home.

There is some bleed in the bottom right corner, seen others mention this as well. But to be perfectly honest it's just something I notice if I'm specifically looking for it. And I'm not really a reviewer, so I don't have the benefit of having tested a lot of different displays for objective judgment.
When you move your head changing your viewing angle as you look the right corner of your screen do you notice this light to go away? Could you try a dark wallpaper or a dark game e.g "Metro last light" and check that spot for color disformation, eg yellowish spots? I'm not a screen expert but from what I read this could be a "glow" than bleeding. Maybe NCX can enlighten us :)

So if you set AMA high on the bl2710pt is it OK? Is it as good as the VP2770 or the U2713HM?

I haven't used the U2713HM, but the BenQ is just as fast as the VP2770 (Advanced Overdrive Setting) if not faster. The VP2770 is faster than the U2713HM according to PRAD's oscilloscope measurements. You have nothing to worry about.

The glow should be the same as the U2713HM's. The only way to avoid IPS/PLS/AHVA glow is to buy a matte Qnix QX2710 or Eizo EV2736W & hope you can get an "anomaly unit."

My BL2710PT does not have any back-light bleeding issues.

I haven't used the U2713HM, but the BenQ is just as fast as the VP2770 (Advanced Overdrive Setting) if not faster. The VP2770 is faster than the U2713HM according to PRAD's oscilloscope measurements. You have nothing to worry about.

The glow should be the same as the U2713HM's. The only way to avoid IPS/PLS/AHVA glow is to buy a matte Qnix QX2710 or Eizo EV2736W & hope you can get an "anomaly unit."

Thank you! Hopefully I'll get my bl2710pt by Monday or Wednesday the latest. I will post results then, I hope everything will be good :)

Now I'm really really super duper confused. The benq is showing as $740 (around the same as the vp27) but it didn't sound like it had any major advantages.

Check out the Test UFO Ghosting Test on both nemmera.

When the XL2420T's AMA is enabled it will streak/smear considerably less (sub 3ms pixel response times) but it suffers from obvious (IMO, PRAD's measurements confirm this) overshoot ghosting. When AMA is set to Off the BenQ's pixel response times are slower than most modern IPS/PLS/AHVA.

I don't know if we misunderstood eachother. I meant that going from XL2420T to a BL2710PT gave me a much less snappy experience. I think it has more to do with input lag + gtg timers than pixel response in itself, which makes it feel like everything is going slightly in slowmotion. I must admit I didn't do the UFO test, sorry about that, I'm going purely on how it feels. Hippie-like, I know... :)

Maybe I'd adapt and come to accept it, but I just enjoy the direct feel of the XL2420T too much to give up to gain more workspace.

Which has the least aggressive AG coat of the Benq and VP2770? And between the two, which would be your pick for gaming?

I don't know if we misunderstood eachother. I meant that going from XL2420T to a BL2710PT gave me a much less snappy experience. I think it has more to do with input lag + gtg timers than pixel response in itself, which makes it feel like everything is going slightly in slowmotion. I must admit I didn't do the UFO test, sorry about that, I'm going purely on how it feels. Hippie-like, I know... :)

Maybe I'd adapt and come to accept it, but I just enjoy the direct feel of the XL2420T too much to give up to gain more workspace.

Guys i suppose "everything is relative".
I mean I didn't realize how lagging my U2713H was, until i tried the U2713HM.
Too bad the latter was suffering from cross hatching let alone the bleeding.

Dear NCX,

thank you for reviewing the BenQ BL2710PT and for your feedbacks from the using. It helps.

On your review website, in this part:

http://wecravegamestoo.com/forums/m...te-ahva-auos-version-ips-pls.html#post1105527

I am not able to find the input lag for this Benq monitor. Is it mistake or has not been measured yet?

Also, I guess that on the left side is BenQ BL2710PT and on the right side is Qnix QX2710.
From your point of view do you think that Benq is better than this Qnix, regarding the colors, colors temperatures, brightness etc.
Because what I see on the comparative pictures Qnix looks better in these things to me. Suprisingly.
Even if it is much much cheaper, therefore I would expect it is worse.

Captain Cangaroo

Last edited:
Depending on the monitor you're watching the screenshots on.On my calibrated 3000+ contrast Monitor the BenQ looks better the colors are not so washed out.

Lights On & Off back-light bleeding pics are up.

Which has the least aggressive AG coat of the Benq and VP2770? And between the two, which would be your pick for gaming?

The BenQ's coating is slightly lighter but neither are grainy &, depending on the build date, the Viewsonic's coating may be slightly different vs. the VP2770 I reviewed since Samsung keeps updating (improving) their coating.

Only my former Samsung S27A850D's semi-glossy coating was noticeably sparkly/grainy from my normal viewing distance of 45-60cm, but the effect was miniscule.

IMO the BenQ's casing is ugly vs. the Viewsonic's, but the BenQ has purer (tint free) whites once calibrated. Without testing the pixel response times side by side it's hard to say which one I prefer/is faster since they are both obviously faster than all of the other IPS/PLS monitors I've reviewed except for the NEC P242W.

Main Point: Buy whichever model you prefer the design of and think is the better value as long as both are available from retailers with hassle free return+exchange policies. Both are outstanding monitors, can't go wrong with either one.

Dear NCX,

1.) I am not able to find the input lag for this Benq monitor. Is it mistake or has not been measured yet?

2.) The Qnix looks better in these things to me. Surprisingly.

Your English is great! I'm working on my BL2710PT Review together with my long delayed NEC P242W, Glossy Qnix QX2710 & Crossover 2755AMG Review. I have yet to type/create most of the content for my BL2710PT written review.

1.) Subjective Impression

The BenQ is as responsive as Crossover 2755AMG (1 frame-ish delay) but is not as responsive as the Qnix @60hz which doesn't have any input lag.

A 1 frame delay is normal for a multi-input 1440-1600p monitor. All of the multi-input 1440p monitors tested by PRAD with an oscilloscope have 14-22ms signal delays excluding the VP770 (7ms), U2713H (30ms), mediocre LG 27EA83D (<2ms) & a really expensive, grainy Eizo no one is going to buy.

2.) The BenQ was not calibrated in my BenQ vs. matte Qnix images. I set both monitors brightness to 140nits and used the BenQ's best default settings (User Mode, Gamma 2, User Color Temperature).

Last edited:
I've read the thread but still a bit confused with regards to the benq vs viewsonic - as I read the review it sounds like the trade off are:
benq has purer whites when both calibrated ; the viewsonic has less lag/ghosting for games and both have very good rgb. They both cost about the same; have similar coating.
-
They are a bit better than qnix (ghosting/overshoot/colour fidelity - for photo/movies) but also cost $300 more (and have a lot less input lag if using display port)

Thanks.

I ordered this guy already last Friday expecting delivery on this Friday.
Hopefully I will not be pissed off again.
Had Dell U2713HM - returned because of not acceptable very backlight bleeding.
Had Asus PB278Q - returned because of PWM (my eyes and organism did not like) plus horrible colors.

Build Quality: BenQ=Viewsonic>>>Qnix. Prefer the Viewsonics much taller stand.

Design (Subjective): Viewsonic>BenQ>Qnix (unmodded). Prefer my sanded Qnix's bezel & 30$ Gateway stand over the BenQ.

Preset Colors: Qnix>Viewsonic>BenQ. The BenQ has better whites by default vs. the Viewsonic but worse gamma which can only be fixed with an ICC profile.

Calibrated Color Quality: BenQ=Qnix>Viewsonic. The BenQ's color gamut is slightly smaller (tincy bit less vibrant) than both the Qnix & Viewsonic but also more accurate.

Gradient Banding: All Equal, all suffer from gradient banding in Lagom's Test. Banding is normal for 6 bit+FRC & 8 bit panels w/o LUT's and the severity differs between Nvidia & AMD GPU's. The type of ICC profile used (16 bit LUT vs. Matrix profile) is also important. Only the monitors with 14 bit LUT's I've reviewed (P242W & U2713H) have passed Lagom's Test.

White Purity: BenQ=Qnix>Viewsonic

Viewing Angles: All Equal

Daytime Glow/Perceived Blacks @140nits: Qnix (sanded matte bezel)=Viewsonic>BenQ. Bezels play an important role. Unmodded Qnix (glossy bezel) comes in last place

Lights Off Glow & Perceived Blacks @140nits: Viewsonic=BenQ>>>>Qnix

Light Bleeding: BenQ=Viewsonic>>>Qnix

Dead Pixels: Viewsonic=Qnix>BenQ. The BenQ has one dead pixel which is only visible when viewing whites.

Ghosting: Both are faster vs.1440p competition, can't say which one is faster without comparing both side by side or referencing oscilloscope measurements

Delay: Qnix>Viewsonic>BenQ

Features: BenQ=Viewsonic>>>Qnix.

Warranty: Need to research Viewsonic Customer Service. Only read negative reports about BenQ. Unaware of any successful Korean Square Trade claims.

Last edited:
Thanks. Note sure how reliable this site is but:

http://www.customerservicescoreboard.com/ViewSonic

That site is a great example of consumer bias. If people are unhappy they are more vocal and more likely to complain. If they are happy they tend to keep quiet with a minority sharing their positive experiences. Check their feedback on BenQ, Asus, Acer, Samsung, LG or any major screen manufacturer and you'd be put off buying from any.

Hey guys, I have finally received my benq bl2710pt monitor.
I'm not a screen expert but I'm an experienced user with sharp eyes. So here is my quick real life review.
The good:
-No dead pixels!
-No severe bleeding.
-Excellent pixel response with AMA setting in High (default value)
-Excellent anti-glare coating. Nicely balanced between clarity and anti-reflection efficiency.
-No cross hatching
-Input lag not an issue at all for a regular gamer like me (currently playing Bioshock infinite, Metro Last light and other FPS and action games with no issues at all)
-Outstanding image quality after calibration. The standard preset is also OK or the User->Gamma 2 setting as recommended by NCX
-IMO good and simple design
-All inputs you may need

The bad:
-Touch panel for accessing OSD does not respond so well
-Eco sensor which is advertised as a sensor that switches off the screen when you are not sitting in front of your monitor does not work so good. I had to make several position adjustments on how I sit relatively to the monitor in order to actually make it work, yet sometimes it switches off the monitor when im still using it! So just disable it and forget it (disabled is the default value by the way)
-Some slight white color inconsistencies across the screen
-AHVA Glow on right top and bottom of the screen

I have also experience with a Dell U2713HM and U2713H so if you want a quick comparison with benq it goes like this:

Pixel response: BL2710PT=U2713HM>U2713H
Less Input lag: BL2710PT=U2713HM>U2713H
Calibrated Color Accuracy: U2713H>BL2710PT=U2713HM
Out of the Box standard color preset: U2713H>U2713HM>BL2710PT
Less Bleeding: U2713H=BL2710PT>U2713HM
Less Glow: U2713H>U2713HM>BL2710PT

Last edited:
So if you don't care about pixel response or input lag then you would recommend the U2713H ?

So if you don't care about pixel response or input lag then you would recommend the U2713H ?

Yes but have in mind that U2713H is a more expensive model, comes with wide gamut that only a photographer can take advantage and bad pixel response means ghosting and overshoot clearly noticeable when for example you move one window across the screen...

BenQ does seem to have a winner on their hands with this. The panel looks to be a good compromise, though I hope they come down in price a bit. Not that I'm looking anymore thanks to Viewsonics VP2770.

Got the BL2710PT aswell now, very satisfied coming from a crt and Samsung S27A350H(and before that eyefinity with 3x Benq G2420HD). Can not say I notice any input lag in comparison to the 3 year old samsung, and the ghosting is less than the samsung. Payed the same as the cost of a U2713HM.

Even though im used to crt gaming I did not have any issue going over to this in gaming, still plays alot of CS 1.6 and I do the same as always if not even better due to bigger screen and more details.

I also brought home the Dell U2713hm and a Eizo EV2736W-BK. Both the BenQ and Eizo has almost no backlight bleed at all. The blacks is so to say the same maybe a tiny bit better on the Eizo. While gaming I felt the BenQ to be superior so that is the only one im sticking with. The two other got delivered back. Going to get another one aswell probably with the next payment.

Has anyone else noticed white color differentiation? Mine seems to have slightly more warm whites in the middle-left to bottom area of the screen whereas the upper right area seems more neutral white.
Nothing intense though...
I wonder if this is normal or it is just my unit.

BenQ does seem to have a winner on their hands with this. The panel looks to be a good compromise, though I hope they come down in price a bit. Not that I'm looking anymore thanks to Viewsonics VP2770.

Is this OK with bleeding, glow etc? Do you consider it a flawless 27 monitor?
I was heading for this one but unfortunately I had to pay 770 euros to get it in my country :(
So I opted to go with the Benq.
BenQ is better than Dells but it still has its flaws, so I may have to switch to the Viewsonic as well.

Sigh! Why is it so hard to get a decent 27' 1440p monitor?
I don't get it...

Back