BenQ BL2710PT Review: 2560x1440 Matte AHVA (AUO's Version of IPS/PLS)

NCIX accepts returns and the software on the included CD can be used to change the monitors settings.

NCIX wouldn't accept return. Like others, mine also have horrible bleed/pinch on lower right corner + noticeable warmer left than the rest issue. NCIX not only refused to accept return for refund, they also ignored my exchange request either. I will not purchase from them again.

H3ojM2j.jpg

Last edited:
NCIX wouldn't accept return. Like others, mine also have horrible bleed/pinch on lower right corner + noticeable warmer left than the rest issue. NCIX not only refused to accept return for refund, they also ignored my exchange request either. I will not purchase from them again.

H3ojM2j.jpg

Have you tried popping the bezel off? Frequently BLB is caused by pressure from the bezel.

That's why I don't buy anything monitor related from NCIX.

*Yes I realize you can buy the 'express rma' package and swap but that's just cash grab disguised bullshit that they abuse because they have the largest Canadian web presence. Their RMA service still sucks with or without it.

Last edited:
I guess they changed their policy then.

Here's the response from Ncix support

Dated Aug 21, 2014 at 05:28 PM reply from Ncix Support
Sorry for the delay, unfortunately our policy for monitors is that they are final sale items, I have approval from our vendor for a replacement. All you need to do is ship the item to us and when we receive it we can replace the unit with a new one.

NCIX charged a re-stocking fee on 3/4 of the monitors I returned, all of which were returned in store. Their in-store policy can vary depending on the employee (similar claims can be found online) while on-line returns are by-the-book. It does not make sense to buy from NCIX since retailers like Amazon, Best Buy, B & H, Futureshop, ect... carry the BL2710PT and offer hassle free return & exchange policies.

Last edited:
Mine came in today (bought through BB since it's ~2 minutes from my place if I had to return), but I passed the lotto so +1 for this thread and thanks for the review steering NCX.

And yes, if you're local you get vastly different levels of support w/ ncix depending on the location.

I wish this section of the industry wasn't allowed to get away with selling defective goods as 'cosmetic defect only' items, but I guess the blame ultimately lies with the consumer because "we" keep supporting the practice. I'd easily pay another 10-15% to ensure there is no such thing as a panel lotto, but I'm not their target demographic.

can anyone tell me how the viewing angles compare to that of an IPS monitor?

also, someone on page 1 commented on the contrast ratio.- has the contrast ratio turned out to be a problem?

I havnt read throught all pages of this thread, but can anyone tell me how glossy the 'semi gloss' coating is?

I hate overly glossy monitors; I had to return a Dell last year as it was like a mirror.

Out of curiosity, were the calibration issues in User mode ever fixed in newer manufactured models of this monitor?

I just noticed this monitor is on sale on Amazon right now - $450:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00D7IG5N8/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_6?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Tempting to make the purchase now, even though I've not got the GPU to push this resolution.

I ordered one yesterday from Amazon. Should be in Thursday. I have a GTX780 and a 4.7Ghz i5 Haswell so I can definitely push 1440p, especially with AA off. I won't need AA anyways at that resolution.

Also, you can run 1080p on these monitors without any issues from my understanding. I believe it maps the pixels? Same reason PS3 games work well on it right?

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I don't have one, but I believe it can be set to 1:1 or to scale to full screen.

I ordered one yesterday from Amazon. Should be in Thursday. I have a GTX780 and a 4.7Ghz i5 Haswell so I can definitely push 1440p, especially with AA off. I won't need AA anyways at that resolution.

Also, you can run 1080p on these monitors without any issues from my understanding. I believe it maps the pixels? Same reason PS3 games work well on it right?

You can run 1080p, but it might not look that great.

1080p requires the monitor to interpolate the image which can cause the image to lose sharpness and appear fuzzy.

By contrast 720p can be pixel doubled. The reason PS3 games work well is because most games are typically 720p.

Hello

I got this monitor last week.

Im going to send it back, I have a handful of issues with it:

1) the bottom right of the screen (and top right to a very slight extent) has a yellowy tint on it which is only noticeable on a dark background (the yellow tint changes intensity depending on what angle I look at it from)- Im assuming this must be backlight bleed/IPS glow??

2) the touchable controls at the bottom left of the monitor are really really unresponsive, are other users experiencing this or could mine be faulty? It takes quite a bit of effort to get the touchable buttons to register a press, they are very insensitive if you get me

3) the power lead that plugs in is mega loose; every time I try to adjust the height, the power input becomes loose and the monitor turns off on me and I have to fiddle with the power socket input on the back of the monitor to get it to turn on again

4) not an issue for everyone, but this monitor is just a little too reflective for me. My previous monitor was the Hp 22xi which I found to be less reflective but the whites were sligtly more grainy than the BENQ. the Benq has less grainy whites/light colours, but is a more reflective in my eyes

have any of you users had any of these issues

Hello
I recently bought this BL2710PT monitor, and connected it with a miniDisplayPort -> DisplayPort cable to my Macbook Air (2013, Yosemite)

Everything is fine, except that the "eye-protect" menu is unavailable (grey) : is this normal ?

Thank you for your answers

Back