BENQ 22" LCD Monitor $259.95+Free Shipping+No Rebates

Very nice deal. Shouldve waited, I guess I'll have to stick with Chimei for now.

dvi cable not included :eek: .... if u gonna go cheap, go a little cheaper and get the X2gen 22" instead... better spec and features but only 1 yr warranty :rolleyes:

And actually after tax & shipping, the x2gen isn't really much cheaper. And with the loss of Costco's great warranty.. :(

I bought the fp222wh (the same but incl. HDMI connector). Does not have anti-reflective coating (which is awesome considering that shiny coat is sucky!).
No ghosting, awesome clarity and really good value. Bought mine for about C$ 450 incl taxes from frontierpc.com

I bought the fp222wh (the same but incl. HDMI connector). Does not have anti-reflective coating (which is awesome considering that shiny coat is sucky!).
No ghosting, awesome clarity and really good value. Bought mine for about C$ 450 incl taxes from frontierpc.com

What do you mean by shiny coat? Is it the type that you can see your reflection in?

Great price. I have the WH version, and it comes a little bright, so you'll have to do some tweaking out of the box. Otherwise, it's an awesome monitor.

And actually after tax & shipping, the x2gen isn't really much cheaper. And with the loss of Costco's great warranty.. :(

Heard from a buddy last week that the return policy at Costco is now 90 days on ALL electronics!

:mad:

Heard from a buddy last week that the return policy at Costco is now 90 days on ALL electronics!

:mad:

Monitors are still covered under the lifetime policy. Apparently monitors don't fall under electronics and television according to people who have contacted Costco, but I would personally ask a Costco representative to confirm this for reassurance.

And please don't abuse the lifetime return policy.

Monitors are still covered under the lifetime policy. Apparently monitors don't fall under electronics and television according to people who have contacted Costco, but I would personally ask a Costco representative to confirm this for reassurance.

Wow, I didn't know the question had actually been posed to Costco. That's great news if accurate!

For sure, some of the people that I work with do, and I have been blaming them (personally) for causing the change in policy.

One time I was at costco, returning some pants, and the guy in front of me had a slice of red bell pepper, and a slice of green bell pepper. He was being quiet, so when it was my turn, I asked what it was about. She told me he wanted a refund on a veggie platter since the pieces he brought in had stickers on them, which clearly indicated that they had not been washed.

I wanted to kick him.

For sure, some of the people that I work with do, and I have been blaming them (personally) for causing the change in policy.

One time I was at costco, returning some pants, and the guy in front of me had a slice of red bell pepper, and a slice of green bell pepper. He was being quiet, so when it was my turn, I asked what it was about. She told me he wanted a refund on a veggie platter since the pieces he brought in had stickers on them, which clearly indicated that they had not been washed.

I wanted to kick him.

That sucks! And I am not even a Costco member.

Some of the people I know abuse the policy. i can't believe they had a lifetime policy to begin with.

Damn, I wish this thing had hight adjustment.

I HATE my current monitor (the only good things about it are the 10-bit color and hight adjustment).

holy shit I just wanted to see how much it was... then I wanted to see how much shipping was so I input my card info... I just bought the damn thing...wow.. that was pretty easy..heh. I guess I own a 22" LCD now. :confused:

did anyone else pay tax? they say they are location in OH, I'm in TX.

sumbitch, they have an office in addison. well I paid 280 for it.. oh well.

holy shit I just wanted to see how much it was... then I wanted to see how much shipping was so I input my card info... I just bought the damn thing...wow.. that was pretty easy..heh. I guess I own a 22" LCD now. :confused:

did anyone else pay tax? they say they are location in OH, I'm in TX.

sumbitch, they have an office in addison. well I paid 280 for it.. oh well.
WTF shipping..........

my shipping was free and i did not pay any tax.

TOTAL = $ 259.88 (shipped)

Got mine today
1 dead pixel...only really shows
on a totally black screen...still
negligable (sp) in one this size.
I'm keeping it.

Got mine today
1 dead pixel...only really shows
on a totally black screen...still
negligable (sp) in one this size.
I'm keeping it.

really a dead pixel? like 100% of people on newegg reported 0 dead pixels.

I got mine today and it looks awesome!!

Only one dead pixel near the bottom of the screen, which is only noticeable when the whole screen is white.

Even my Samsung 19" that this monitor is replacing had one bad or stuck pixel.

But it is not noticable while surfing or gaming.

Well I just placed my order! Seems like a steal of a deal for a 22" so hopefully its as good as it sounds!

I live in NY and had to pay $20.80 tax, so anyone else ordering from NY knows.

My dad ordered his Friday and it arrived this morning. I am pretty impressed with it and it is noticeably larger than my 19" wide LCD's.

I got mine today, just got it hooked up, this this thing is a monster, so big! but looks nice, no dead pixiels, I just need to play with the color a little to get it to my liking.

Yep, I got mine 2 days ago.. it's great.. really high quality monitor.. can't really notice any ghosting in games at all.. I don't like the controls on the left side (damnit) but it's definately a beast.. freakin huuge... me likey.. right now I've got 2 full sized windows open.

..I thought I had 5 dead pixels, until I wiped the little pieces of styrofoam off ;) not one dead pixel! that's a thing of the past!

I thought I had one dead pixel and after reading your post I decided to clean the screen and voila the dead pixel is no more.

I guess I should have cleaned the screen first before posting!!!

No dead Pixels!!!

I thought I had one dead pixel and after reading your post I decided to clean the screen and voila the dead pixel is no more.

No dead Pixels!!!

Ha, that's the story of the day.

"Manufacturer claims 50% less dead pixels due to new manufacturing process"

No dead Pixels!!!

lol, I was hoping that would benefit someone! :)

Got mine yesterday. No dead pixels. This thing is SOOOOOO much better than my 19" CRT. I will never go back to CRT's. Do not pass this up!

I bought one yesterday. Anyone interested, buy.com has the FP222WH model for 289 w/free shipping. I was cheap and applied for their credit card to save $30 so it ended up being $259 shipped no rebates. This model has the HDMI input which the one from pcconnection does not. All depends if you are willing to apply for a CC that you dont need. I plan on canceling it asap.

I bought one yesterday. Anyone interested, buy.com has the FP222WH model for 289 w/free shipping. I was cheap and applied for their credit card to save $30 so it ended up being $259 shipped no rebates. This model has the HDMI input which the one from pcconnection does not. All depends if you are willing to apply for a CC that you dont need. I plan on canceling it asap.

thats not really a great recommendation lol
doesnt cancelling CC's hurt your credit score?

Back