Benefits of flashing X850XT -> PE?

vlad_Swe

Weaksauce
I'm curious as to whether there are any actual benefits of flashing my X850XT with a PE bios? The card currently runs 560/1180 with no problems.

the newegg deal?

do it for fun, i'm gonna OC mine to PE speeds and Mod it with a Zalman

I would also like to know cause i own an ati 850xt. Let us know how it turns out!

More speed would be the bennefit. Much hotter wuold be the drawback. Do as another poster suggested and get a zalman aftermarket cooler to make up for the extra heat.

I know that a PE is faster than a XT, but my card (as stated above) is doing PE+ speeds. Just wanted to know if there are any additional benefits (apart from the clock speeds) with the PE version (memory timings, other stuff I don't know about..) compared to the XT?

EDIT: My card is a Powercolor X850XT AGP card with an Arctic Silencer on. Idles at 37'c and loads at 57-58'c running the aforementioned speeds.

timing between the xt and xtpe are very similar...you can read up on x850 timings in the forum at techpowerup, just do a search...

I have the x850 xt also so did some searching when I got it. I don't have the links but from what I read, your performance gains from a stock to PE flashed are pretty small if both cards are running the same speeds. The flash didn't help anyone gain any more on their core or their memory overclocks, and the sometimes the PE flash slowed things down a small amount because your core and memory couldn't get quite as high.

how do i flash the bios n turning it into a PE?

i'm currently running 575/600

how do i flash the bios n turning it into a PE?

i'm currently running 575/600

using ATI Tool w/ no Volt bump or anything like that (i don't really know how to OC)

Other than the higher clocks, I don't think there is a benefit.

But since you're already overclocking to higher speeds...

-dB

Back