Benefits for folding@[H]ard?

i20234

n00b
Was wondering if there were any benefits. I was wondering this bcause your team is #2 in the stats. I know evga is number one because they offer cash. So was wondering what is teh reason for your success?

Thanks

Fun and helpful community first and foremost. Toss in drawings and giveaways like the one going on now, and you have a sack full of win.

[H]ard work and determination I would say all of these folks in the [H]ardfolding community give, and the reward is one day some kid will grow up without knowing of some of the horrible diseases that folding can help cure.

The [H]orde gets its success from within its own community. Any giveaways are funded by individuals on the team for other people on the team. For the most part it I would say it is a combination of self-motivation, competitiveness, and of course, believing in the importance of the research. The greatest strength is that many of us are willing to put forth what we can even if it doesn't seem like too much (e.g. I'm only about 1k PPD right now) because every data point helps the research and every WU gives us moar D.

Was wondering if there were any benefits. I was wondering this bcause your team is #2 in the stats. I know evga is number one because they offer cash. So was wondering what is teh reason for your success?

Thanks

The reason for the success of our team is that we have some of the most badass people in the world folding for the team. Our team is a team where everyone contributes what they can and when they are able. People on this team are proud to be on this team because we have the best group in the world. When you come to this forum, everyone here will treat you the same way whether you fold 500ppd or 500k ppd. There is no payment for folding, just the satisfaction of knowing that you fold for the greatest team in the world. The member contribution based contests we hold are just the bonus.

we are number 2 cause we are awesomez!! :p

or maybe its the free genmay after 1.5 mil points.. :D

or maybe because we are the [H]orde ;)

or maybe we all just have [H]ard Ons for folding :eek:

[H]ugh_Freak;1037169241 said:
or maybe we all just have [H]ard Ons for folding :eek:

I think I would vote for that one. MAJOR EEPEEEN when you see those awesome stats!

Or getting off on a completed work unit.

Best community out there.
It is that simple.

Plus we have Kyle and Steve :cool:

I always thought it was the beer and tamales....

I haven't had a day over 500ppd in a long time, and I haven't posted here in quite a while either...

Regardless, the [H]orde will always be number one in my mind, and that's the only benefit that matters to me. Other teams may offer other incentives, but everyone here is doing this because they want to, and because they choose to contribute what they can with what they have. Simple. At least it is to me.

Anyhow, Fold On all....

I always thought it was the beer and tamales....

I haven't had a day over 500ppd in a long time, and I haven't posted here in quite a while either...

Regardless, the [H]orde will always be number one in my mind, and that's the only benefit that matters to me. Other teams may offer other incentives, but everyone here is doing this because they want to, and because they choose to contribute what they can with what they have. Simple. At least it is to me.

Anyhow, Fold On all....

Good to see ya Digi!

Did you bring some fresh tamles?

Of course, and a few beers as well. Warm beers, but what can anyone expect? Plus, warm beer is better than no beer... so, yeah.

Still poke around here on a pretty regular basis, just not active enough to merit much comment, but this thread.... well, you know, I had to say something;)

Hope all is well K, and thanks for the hello.

Thanks

as has been said, this team is community sponsored( RATPADz , you should help us ! :D )

that plus the EVGA team is ALOT newer, the majority of other teams are also community driven, there are plenty of "politics" about how EVGA should be categorized that can explain the "dislike" of EVGA's team here....

that and the tamales of course

Of course, and a few beers as well. Warm beers, but what can anyone expect? Plus, warm beer is better than no beer... so, yeah.

Still poke around here on a pretty regular basis, just not active enough to merit much comment, but this thread.... well, you know, I had to say something;)

Hope all is well K, and thanks for the hello.

I dont drink, but I will have some tamales!

Thanks

the [H]orde is old school and we do it the way its suppose to be done. the benefit is that we have a true community here that is committed to the purpose of folding@home and not here just for the money in the case of team EVGA. go spend 20 minutes reading the garbage on EVGA's forum and you will understand the difference.

Benefits? Are they're any benefits in volunteering your time for a good cause? What if it was with a group of people, who are all really cool and knowledgeable. Does that make the "benefits" any better?

I feel that sirmonkey1985 said it best, the [H]orde is old school. We don't do it for cash, we don't do it for sponsorship, we do it just to do it. We're passionate about what we do, and we're VERY willing to share that passion with anyone who wants to join in.

It's kinda funny, because you said that we're #2. I remember back when I had no idea what F@H was, and I just joined the forums because I wanted to learn more about computers. I soon stumbled into this subforum, and being the medically inclined person I am, I started folding. It was maybe a couple months after that I found out we were #1. I was surprised, and yet very honored. To me, that's the benefit. Get to know some cool people, do something for a good cause, and then realize what you're actually a part of.

general good karma,

other side benefits such as chances to win hardware, software or forum memberships.

I was a member in the forum, saw this section and knew it’s about using the pc for a good cause and decided to do it. if my video card burns I’ll sue you ALL :D

benefits of folding [H]orde style....

You get to be a part of one of the best f@h communities on the planet...
We encourage and work together...
We are here for one reason... to fold...

Those of us who can sponsor contest and giveaways to garner excitement...but thats not why we are here...
we are here to fold...

join us... fold [H]ard

I was a member in the forum, saw this section and knew it’s about using the pc for a good cause and decided to do it. if my video card burns I’ll sue you ALL :D

Just bake the dude and get back to work. :)

I fold for three reasons. They are 9,11, and 15.

I fold for the [H]orde because it's all Relic's fault.

++ Good bunch of guys, lots of knowledge. No bitchiness just banter. Oh and far less trolls than the forum average.

I don't get the obsession you guys have with tameles here, because that is some risky stuff.
would you prefer some hotdogs? :rolleyes:

I've asked myself that same question a 100 times: Why do I fold? I can't give an answer except that maybe it is part my way of fighting against disease, and part of the competition I enjoy. I do enjoy folding for [H] as the community is awesome here. I started with DL.TV since that is where I heard about this from, but I moved here a looong time ago.

++ Good bunch of guys, lots of knowledge. No bitchiness just banter. Oh and far less trolls than the forum average.

would you prefer some hotdogs? :rolleyes:

I'm afraid to answer that question, because i'm afraid that a "really really" wierd part of genmay may make an appearance here again.

However, I will answer your question this way in that processed meat products are probably much safer than a tamale and yes, I would prefer it. I would prefer spam over hotdogs though........

I fold because my father died of Lukemia and the hopes it helps cure that nasty disease and more.

I fold for [H] because of it's reputation, character, and the fact its Hard both the organization and it's members.

Thanks for having me.

Back