Being ping flooded

Athrix

Weaksauce
Ok so my computer started wigging out early last night. Turns out it was that blaster crap..well I got the update for it and scanned my pc for infected files..found 3 different worms...so I fixed all of them but I still get ping flooded from an IP address that my firewall is picking up. When I get flooded it makes IE stop responding. Anyway I can block this IP from connecting to me? or is my firewall just a POS.

Thanks in advance.

Even if you block it, it doesn't matter.

The effect of "flood" type attacks is to eat up your bandwidth. If the packets have made it to your firewall, they've done their job already, regardless of what your firewall does in response.

Call your ISP's security department and make a report. They can either screen out that traffic at their routers, file a complaint with the offender's ISP to get them to take care of it, or both.

Thanks for the feedback guys..I just installed Kerio and it seem to pick up about everything...soon as that IP tries to send some packets over I'll have it deny them and remember the settings. If it remains a problem I'll call mediacom on monday. I'm pretty much learning all of this as we speak since I just got cable last week (internet anyway). Been on dialup for 6 years and never had to worry about stuff like this.

Thanks for the feedback.

Back