Behold The GOD of all PSUs

Ooh, quad-SLI! :p :D

Seriously, I wish he'd posted something about the noise.

Sweet Jesus that's awesome! I could power my PC and arc-weld with the same PSU! Yea, I'm thinking Galaxy 5.0...

Oh crap! I hope I wasn't just punked.

I think so.

Miller Electric makes welding equipment, which just happens to be the same box. You can search for the model number XMT 300 and the 300 series is a welding unit.

Part of the review that bothered me was the fact that the "distribution" units looked like normal psu's and none of their rear interfaces were shown.

The distribution unit was just a SilverStone Zeus 650W. :p

Didn't anyone see the EPAP-650 part number? ;)

OMG, I can't belive I just got punkd too... I blame my staying up the night lol. Posted at 3:48AM :p But wait does this mean that I punkd you guys? :D

Do you think it will power my mother's computer?

Intel Pentium 2 266mhz
64mb ram
9gb hard drive
48x cd rom

Or should I go with something bigger?

I was reading through this thread and praying "Oh god, i hope they check the date on that review..."

They put a lot of effort into the review though. I will be waiting in line to purchase one for the nvidia 22 Series to please our robot masters.

Hmm, if it's 10kw, how come it's only got 375A on the 12V rail? Less than half its capacity is on the 12V rail; is this an old design or what?! I mean, assuming the remaining capacity is evenly divided, you'd have 3.3 and 5V rails at 600A each!

It says early in the review that the thing is actually one giant 12V rail and that the power is actually divided up in the regulation units (the power supply sized boxes). You could in theory make or have made custom regulation units to have more 12V instead of 5V or 3.3V. I don't know if the company offers different models though.

Edit: I see the number you're talking about now. Something is fishy about that. They say that it's divided up at the power distribution module to the other voltages, but they also say it only does 375A on the 12V rail.

Edit2: I think we both missed this. 2nd paragraph: While we were not able to obtain a review sample of Miller’s flagship 10.5kW unit, we do have an exclusive review of the Miller XMT 300 PC, which can deliver up to 4,500 watts of pure DC power. Talk about having some extra reserve capacity… wow!

Edit2: I think we both missed this. 2nd paragraph: While we were not able to obtain a review sample of Miller’s flagship 10.5kW unit, we do have an exclusive review of the Miller XMT 300 PC, which can deliver up to 4,500 watts of pure DC power. Talk about having some extra reserve capacity… wow!

Aha!

Now, I wonder how many of these it'd support... With Core Duo boxes, the chip only takes 31W at max load, so maybe 50W for a motherboard, chip, and one stick of memory? 96% efficient, too, so it'd only draw 52W from the power supply. My math says you could get 86 machines on this :eek: $76 for PSU, $770 for barebones c2d system... for only $75k or so, you could have quite the little cluster there :D

Which would immediately die because of terrible voltage regulation :p

Back