Beginning my XBOX 360 Search...

RussianHAXOR

Supreme [H]ardness
I almost bought a 360 a few times in the past few months, eyeing those dell.com deals like the elite bundle for like 340 or whatever... unfortunately i had better things to spend money on that were actually necessities. Nonetheless, i was wondering if anyone had any insight into some Xbox deals or places that traditionally have the lowest prices on Pro/Elite xboxes.

Do you mind used Xbox 360s? If not, I've found that Craiglist has some pretty awesome deals on 360s that often include multiple controllers and games for less than $250.

I was in the same boat, then the current rumors came about and made me want to wait again and see what happens. I've waited this long, another month won't hurt. If anything, Dell will come again with those 15% off deals sooner or later. Just want to snag a Jasper.

I was in the same boat, then the current rumors came about and made me want to wait again and see what happens. I've waited this long, another month won't hurt. If anything, Dell will come again with those 15% off deals sooner or later. Just want to snag a Jasper.

Care to fill me in? I dont know abotu the rumors, i know abotu the various chipsets and ive seen that some of the pro bundles are actually jasper chipsets. The thing is... i would buy used if it were for myself and i was planning n replacing it... but for some reason i think that this 360 is going to need every day of warranty i can get, especially if natal comes out. :D

Care to fill me in? I dont know abotu the rumors, i know abotu the various chipsets and ive seen that some of the pro bundles are actually jasper chipsets. The thing is... i would buy used if it were for myself and i was planning n replacing it... but for some reason i think that this 360 is going to need every day of warranty i can get, especially if natal comes out. :D

There's a rumor going around that the Xbox 360 Pro might be phased out.

Anyway, IIRC, the cheapest places for a 360 seems to be Dell and Amazon.com

Rumor is a possible Elite price drop since a leaked picture showed the PRO no longer listed on the side of the box. Only an Arcade and then an Elite with no HDMI cable where shown on the side of the box. How legitimate that is I don't know since I haven't read up on it recently. If thats the case, people speculating the Elite will take over the PROs price point. Time frames jumped from late August to early September or sometime this year (all this because of also the ps3 slim rumor). If any of it is true, it'd be nice to see them dump prices on current PRO models. One thing I noticed was DELL about 2 weeks ago dropped the prices of the PROs to about 240 I think, no coupons involved and then raised it to 260. At this point I'm just taking a seat back and see what happens.

Microsoft Xbox 360 Elite 120gb Game Console HDMI -BLACK $246.99

that is the buy now price at best buy private auction and they have it all the time for that price.

people that win usually get it for 220

Normally you can pick up a RRoD 360 for $50. They're easy enough to repair but it's not guaranteed to work

Normally you can pick up a RRoD 360 for $50. They're easy enough to repair but it's not guaranteed to work

Nor is it guaranteed to last. I have two fdz who did just that. Both of their 360s succumbed to another RROD within two months.

Microsoft Xbox 360 Elite 120gb Game Console HDMI -BLACK $246.99

that is the buy now price at best buy private auction and they have it all the time for that price.

people that win usually get it for 220

Good deal. I have an account there.

I want something that can do both HDMI and Component.

Right now, Dell Home is offering 15% off Gaming with coupon code 65G7RQ11J?M2LH [Exp 10/31]. Using that coupon code, you can get these Xbox 360 System Bundles at discounted prices. [Compare]

# Xbox 360 Arcade System Bundle for $170 shipped
# Xbox 360 Pro System Bundle for $255 shipped

Just for peace of mind I always buy my consoles at Costco because of their lifetime warranty, all I have to do is take it back if it breaks and buy a new one the same day with zero waiting period for warranty work.

Now it appears certain from the leaks that the Elite will replace the Pro at a $299 price point. Have patience, my friend.

Now it appears certain from the leaks that the Elite will replace the Pro at a $299 price point. Have patience, my friend.

Monsieur, i am very patient. Ive been looking at buying this thing for months if not a year. It takes me a very long time to make a purchase, i wait for the absolute cheapest price in relation to value and then i jump on it. ;) Thats how i managed to get my PC for 500 bucks cheaper than if it had been bought all at once.

Might check at pawn shops too.

I picked up my 60Gb Pro from a pawn shop about 8 months ago with extra controller and misc accessories for $200. I knew the guys at the place too so they let me snag a free game too
:D

Some advice when getting a 360: Get a 60GB or 120GB HDD if possible, especially with the new Games on Demand service. You will want that space in the future :)

I almost pulled the damn trigger on that dell 170 dollar deal for the arcade. Then I was at the checkout and it added tax which jumped it up to $185. THat's still a good deal but I ended up not buying it because I'm thinking of getting a zune hd so I need to save for that. 1080i is good enough for me (i guess). I did however buy a 120gb WD harddrive off newegg for $50 and and empty 360 harddrive case for around $10. So it's only going to cost me around $60 for a 120!! Theres no way I would spend $120 for the microsoft over priced drive. Heck, I could get a decent 1tb hard drive for my computer for less than that.

The good think to know, is that both my TVs are only capable of 1080i so i guess its good that i can get that resolution. When my friends brought over their 360s, they looked great on my TV.

They all do now. You'll only get a model without hdmi if you buy a refurb that is non arcade/elite/60gb model

I still haven't bought one... im looking for some place that will have a good deal around the same time as my birthday(next week).

Back