Beeps and Clicks from my A7N8X deluxe

vanquished

Limp Gawd
Hi guys I haven't posted here for a while but I'm back

My A7N8X has been behaving badly. In Random situations, the motherboard would suddenly beep then click over and over again. After about 5 seconds, the computer hard freezes. I've been looking at bios beep codes, but nothing matches the beep and click sequence.

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot

Sounds like a hardrive not a motherboard, have you isolated where the sound is coming from?

yup, it definately seems like it' s coming from the motherboard. That's why I was so worried when i heard the clicks, cos I\ve never ever heard them from a motherboard before

May be a long shot... but have you checked for stuck keys on the keyboard?

sorry, but i highly doubt that it's the keyboard that's causing the computer to hard freeze. Thanks for trying anyways.

haroldmeyer, if it was the hd, what could be causing it other than hardware failures that I can't fix?

thanks a lot guys

Oh shit. I just remmebered as I made my way to work today. One of my harddrives is a IBM...that means that that click is the 'Deathstar' acting up on me. However, it seems to be a random problem and my computer is still working.

Bugger.

You better back up your important stuff. My old ibm hd finally froze about a month after making those clicking noises.

Thank God that all my programs are on my SATA drive. The IBM only has windows critical elements in it, so it shouldn't be much of a problem when (or if) it decides to leave me

Back