Been out of the game scene for a while, recommend something to try

Red Squirrel

[H]F Junkie
I just built a Core i7 machine with 2x GTX 560 in SLI. I've been playing lot of UT3 but other than that I'm fairly behind when it comes to games, even UT3 barely pushes one of those cards, never mind two. :D

I'm not really looking for a specific genre, but some kind of flight sim would be cool. I'm just in the mood to play something that will make me go "wow" at the graphics.

Diablo 3
Microsoft Flight (newest SIM)
Crysis 1/2
Battlefield 3

I just built a Core i7 machine with 2x GTX 560 in SLI. I've been playing lot of UT3 but other than that I'm fairly behind when it comes to games, even UT3 barely pushes one of those cards, never mind two. :D

I'm not really looking for a specific genre, but some kind of flight sim would be cool. I'm just in the mood to play something that will make me go "wow" at the graphics.

battlefield 3 is probably the best looking PC game ever made.

diablo 3 however is probably the best PC game ever made in general :D

can you tell Im a little biased hahahaha fucking love diablo3

skyrim and mod the hell out of it use the STEP guide for a great looking game then if you want add a few more mods and you will be good for a long time.

Anno 2070 is a great looking game, and i hear it is really good I have been waiting for a steam sale for it though heh

Portal 1 and 2 (1 was great 2 was amazing)

the games they listed above should be great as well, while i do agree that battlefield 3 is one of the of the best looking games on PC i would not say it is the best ever made :p

check out The Witcher 2 it is just amazing

If you're looking primarily for graphics, basically Crysis 2 and BF3 are what you want.

+1 to Diablo 3 being a horrible suggestion given that criteria.

I've been thinking of trying out Diablo 3 regardless anyway, though I'm just not sure if I want to get into a MMO just yet.

I heard good things about BF3 so think I may start with that.

Technically it's not an MMO but I can see why a person might think that.

BF3 is a good one to try.

As for flight sims...not a lot out there anymore, but you could try DCS: A-10.

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3

images

The Witcher 2 has some of the best graphics in a PC game to date as well. Metro 2033, BF3, TW2, all probably some of the best GFX in games yet. Crysis 2 isn't far off either.

Back