been awhile since.. "look what i dragged home" audio gear thread, enjoy or don't

Nice! I've heard good things about DCM Timeframes. DCM's used to be made in a city 30 min away from me. Hook those bad boys up to that Onkyo amp. :)

Nice! I've heard good things about DCM Timeframes. DCM's used to be made in a city 30 min away from me. Hook those bad boys up to that Onkyo amp. :)

I had also heard good things about these timeframes which is why i bought them (despite really have no room for more stuff =p)

but yeah the hype is to be believed I'd say right now I have KEXP (90.3FM) Streaming (shake the shack) w/ the timeframes and the Pioneer VSX-D1S I got last week or week before I guess?? meh whatever recently... it is no joke sounding rather awesome indeed.

There's some DCM CX-27's near me for $50. They have the same drivers as DCM TF-600's. I thought about picking them up but I don't have the room or use of them. :/

There's some DCM CX-27's near me for $50. They have the same drivers as DCM TF-600's. I thought about picking them up but I don't have the room or use of them. :/

i hear you on the lack of space issue..too bad based on my experience with these TF-250's i bet those would be quite nice indeed... honestly if they are in decent shape I bet you could flip those if you where inclinced?

u could join audio karma for $25 for the year then post in their barter page.... hell for $50 i might get them and then try to figure out how to put them someplace...

but on the other hand too much stuff and too little space get's old after awhile...don't ask how I know :rolleyes:

bahahahaha $19.99 Pioneer CT-M6R (SIX CASSETTE CHANGER BITCHES!!!)

3fhk.jpg

this thing actually is super damn kewl... so goofy... I was so excited made a video...y'all can hear my "soothing" voice....as well

watch the video or don't whatever...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3f4Gzu5Recw

You win... Seriously.

been trying to lay off sort of overwhelming amounts of awesome lately

passed on some Wharfdale E50's today (they wanted $125 which was decent..but meh...) barley have had a change to familarize myself with my new timeframes (LOVING them however when I have gotten time to listen to them.

however i had to bring this one home w/ me for $20

actually really surprisingly good sounding kenwood KR-V106R I think I may give my Denon DRA-545R the boot for now...

pics

and I sold one of my boomboxes today that totally paid for the kenwood

and I guess I am making room for this thing by selling my broken (and no desire to really deal w/ getting fixed SAE TWO A7 intergrated for more than I paid for this thing also...) (honestly w/ more or less break about even on the broken SAE TWO but I'm tired of looking at it ... and the fact I didn't read the auction closely enough and ended up with the broken piece of poop kind has ticked me off everytime i see that SAE TWO anyways... meh..

Talk to ATI before you dump the SAE. The same people run ATI, & they continue to service those amps.

Talk to ATI before you dump the SAE. The same people run ATI, & they continue to service those amps.

well good to know... I have sort of a Lot of gear now... so i didn't mind passing the A7 on to a new home...

I actually need to thin the herd a bit more honestly

well... this kenwood KR-V106R has given my Denon DRA-545R teh boot... partly doubtless cause the kenwood sporting 40 more watts per channel.... i have been reaching the conclusion that more watts is more better lately

I'm currently using 3 systems fairly regularly

my onkyo M5030 /P3030 ...etc stack (100WPC dual mono)

and this Kenwood KR-V106R (100WPC)

and my Pioneer VSX-D1S (135WPC)

this gear has really sidelined all the sub 100wpc gear for the time being....

we are moving in the next month.... I'm going to be trying to thin some gear out I think.. the 3x items above will stay.

as well my 2x pioneer integrated amps and my SX-780

but the denon's are likely going to have to find new homes ... maybe my nikko NR-750 (pains me cause I kinda love that thing...but sooo much stuff around here.)

my 2x Sony ES changers stay.... it is very possible my Yammy CDC-501 needs to find a new house also however... I have as well a kind of awesomely cheesy Magnavox CDB 262 CD player (w/ awesome Phillips laser /mech inside.) that I will likely keep for now..

lots of stuff...to move this should be fun... oh well...

atarione has seen most or all of my Goodwill finds in the megathread. ;)

My finds over the last couple of years.

Carver receiver from a garage sale for $25. Did nothing to it and flipped it for $125.

rs233.jpg

Denon DCD-820 GW $5.00 along with assorted CDs $2 each.

goodwillfeb2611.jpg

Pioneer PD-M453 6 disc changer new in the box with remote and books, $9.99 GW
Marantz SR-60 BPC reciever $2.99 GW
Mitsubishi Turntable LT-155 Free
Sony Cassette $9.99 GW

IMG_0237rs.jpg

Marantz 6300 Free from a dumpster. Missing the platter. :( It does however, have an Audio Technica AT-14Sa cartridge on it!

m6300a.jpg
m6300c.jpg

Pioneer SX-3600 $14.99 GW missing a knob and needs a good cleaning.

pioneer_sx-3600.jpg

Sony STR-6036A $9.99 GW did nothing and flipped for $80.00

sony_str-6036a.jpg

hi... kewl stuff..

nice flip on the sony... that was a pretty kewl looking receiver and on the carver....it is amazing what is out there sometimes..

atm... i have had to stand down on "collecting" anymore gear... cause of the pending move.

oh and LeninGHOLA I will probably list some stuff local (bigger harder to ship stuff) but some stuff I probably will start a FS thread about soon.... i will let y'all know when i do.

Picked up a sony PS LX250H turntable at GW Sunday for $8, it replaced my old Kenwood turntable that would act up at the end of an album. Only thing wrong with the Sony I could find is it has a built in pre amp...and it was turned on. no bueno when plugging it into a receiver/amp. turned off the pre amp and it work fantastic.

And a Yamaha CDC 506 5 disk changer at a local church thrift store for $10

Still looking for a decent receiver

Some one got evicted and all their crap was thrown to the curb.. Out cutting the grass and noticed what I thought was just an old CD deck, so figured what the hell, could use it in the basement..

Come to find out its an old Kenwood KA 75..

Works flawlessly. Running it off my PC atm.. Everything sounds damn good even with some crappy Sony bookshelf speakers..

Just bought some old marantz floor speakers with 12" Audiobahns subwoofters in them.. lol They work.. and hell for $15 bucks.. Couldn't pass it up. (subs alone I can sell for $30 a piece)

Last edited:
fugly but sweet sounding Montior Audio Silver S1's some savage sprayed black....sigh $11.25

could probably easily part them for much more than $11 going to see about stripping the horrible black paint off cabinets however...

a whole lot of awesome sound quality for $11.25 however.... zero WAF atm however I am hopeful I can sort the cabinets out..

elbow grease mineral spirits and 1/2 dozen magic erasers later my $11.25 monitor audio Silver S1's now

29hq.jpg

so stoked these things sound really good and now they look pretty decent also.

Some nice gear here. I love the C-60 pics, and I agree about the family having an amazing headphone output. The day after I tried using my C-80 as a headphone amp was the day all of my dedicated headphone amps were retired :)

I have a Yamaha C-80 preamp that I bought a few years back for $200. A key feature is a 2nd set of inverted pre-outs, allowing you to bridge almost any pair of amps. In the Pic I have a Yamaha M-2 up top (1982, 240wpc into 8ohms). My uncle gave that to me back in 2006. I have two P2201's on bottom (1976, 230wpc into 8ohms), one I bought on eBay for ~$200 and the other I got from Craigslist for ~$150. All 3 amps share a similar design lineage. I can use my C-80 to bridge the two P2201's for ~700wpc into 8ohms. :)

For speakers I have my JBL L150's (1979-82) that my uncle gave me back in 2002 and have been refoamed. I have a pair of JBL L100T's (1985-88) that I bought for $275 back in 2005 or so. My newest pair is a pair of JBL 4412 Studio Monitors (1986-93) that I paid $305 for.

Yamaha P2201 and Yamaha M-2 side by side.

Yamaha P2201

Yamaha M-2

JBL 4412 Studio Monitor

Recently I got a new Yamaha C-4 Preamp. I really like it, although it doesn't have the inverted pre-outs that my C-80 has. It's headphone output is just as good. I really don't know what i'm going to do in the long run in terms of using this vs the C-80.

I also just recently picked up a Yamaha P2200 (1976, 230wpc into 8ohms) which is the same as my other P2201's except the P2200 has beautiful analog meters. Who can resist those? That will be my 4th monster Yamaha amp :D

Last edited:
ha... omg the size of the transformer & supply caps on the m4.... jebous

i need to get me one of them at somepoint the yammy C-4 is most nice looking also.

I do really like my Yammy C-60 it is a excellent pre amp indeed.

so here are my New to me Montior Audio Sliver S1's set up in my PC room now... gave my JBLJ2050's the boot.... =\ which is kinda sad because I really like the looks of the jbl's oh well going to use the in the bedroom so they won't be wasted.

took a couple hours work but these MA Sliver S1's are rather awesome for $11.25 now

gvr4.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

and what the looked like when I got them yesterday (namely they looked like ass)

u092.jpg

@GotNoRice, Digging those monster Yamaha amps. \m/

@atarione, Lookin' much better after you removed the abuse. Goddamn you ALWAYS find hella deals.

@dj_taboo... yeah...someone thought it would be a good idea to rattle can monitor audio silver speakers black.. why i do not know... all I know is the blasphemous paint job probably is part of the reason why I got them for $11.25 soooo whatever I guess.

@Tch0rt ... why thanx ... I'm pretty proud of myself for getting these as cleaned up as I did in less than 24hours...thank god the person that spray canned them didn't prep them for it LOL... cause otherwise my mineral spirits and magic eraser trick wouldn't have worked.

but I'm a very happy camper I had been using a pair of JBL J2050 bookshelf speakers in my pc set up and these are a nice upgrade now that i cleaned them up they sound amazing... surprising bass for a little bookshelf

so my "process" for saving these MA's was to get the spray paint off with the aforementioned Mineral spirits and magic erasers (worked pretty f***ing awesomely actually) brushed on a thin coat of MS left em for 1/2 hour or so went at it with the magic eraser and got the paint off with 2 erasers per speaker and about 15~20 minutes of work per speaker.

then cleaned em up and then put a coat oh Howard's restore a finish on them

http://www.howardproducts.com/prod-restor-a-finish.php

and then some feed n wax and that was it

they are not perfect by a fair margin but really presentable now and just a screaming deal for $11

yea great work rescuing those speakers. didn't realize they were that bad. at least now they are in a good home :)

needed this like a hole in the head... but ... when I first became afflicted with used /vintage audio madness I wanted one of these VERY VERY MUCH.... and I kept bidding on them the auction place and getting out bid....and then by extensioned ANNOYED :D

but anyways... this one I paid more than i like to admit for $65~ (and I DON'T CARE) and I love it... not a whole lot of watts but i love the meters

anyways rather nice shape indeed and fine working order Pioneer SX-3600
mbd6.jpg

Automatic except two of the buttons don't work, going to give it a going over with Deoxit when I get home.

Reviving this thread. I was in Goodwill last month and was shocked to find a pair of Polk Monitor 5jr in great shape with perfect grills. $15.49! I have already rebuilt the cross overs and have some RD0194 tweeters on the way.

IMG_20150110_201404_718.jpg

IMG_20150110_203943_815.jpg

Whoa I remember this thread. Fun stuff. I don't see much of this stuff living in a rather small town, you guys are lucky.

Dragged this home last Saturday. Pioneer PL-10. Entry level turntable from 1974. It won't be replacing my Pioneer PL-518, but I couldnt just leave it behind for $15.49! Some asshat had to snap off the headshell. I see this so often. Do they not know that a bayonet mount comes off with a simple twist of the locking ring?

20150621_113052.jpg

20150621_113109.jpg

Dragged this home last Saturday. Pioneer PL-10. Entry level turntable from 1974. It won't be replacing my Pioneer PL-518, but I couldnt just leave it behind for $15.49! Some asshat had to snap off the headshell. I see this so often. Do they not know that a bayonet mount comes off with a simple twist of the locking ring?

20150621_113052.jpg

20150621_113109.jpg

nice turntable.. could be worse... I spend 2~yrs trying to find a counter weight for my Hitachi PS-48 TT some clown apparently took off with the counter weight...

finally got a orig counter weight for it... by buying a 2nd PS-48 :rolleyes:

nice turntable.. could be worse... I spend 2~yrs trying to find a counter weight for my Hitachi PS-48 TT some clown apparently took off with the counter weight...

finally got a orig counter weight for it... by buying a 2nd PS-48 :rolleyes:

That sounds about as bad as the Marantz 6300 i pulled out of a dumpster. No platter. Itook me long enough but I finally found some one on Audiokarma who gave me one for almost free, just had to pay shipping.

Back