Beavis & Butthead Collection 1-3 5.99/ea

i already have v2, so this got me v1 & v3 for $15 shipped- thx OP :)

These are without any/most of the videos, right?

If they were the complete episodes, videos and all, I would grab all of them.

Stupid rights and licensing!!!!

Oh man, I never even liked Beavis and Butthead much, but the deal was too good to pass up... :D

Killer deal, thanks! I was @ my local BB a couple weeks ago, and they wanted over $100 for all 3 volumes + Do America ($114 iirc)...Screw that... $21.44 inc. tax/shipping (to SoCal) :).

Also, better deal for those that want that Beavis shirt if you buy the shirt separately (no size indication/choice FYI)..Combo= $15.95..Volume 1 or 2+shirt=$10.

Unfortunately, this collection, as well as the previous Time-Life set exclude such classics as:

Way Down Mexico Way
Canoe
Cow Tipping
Pumping Iron
Crisis Line
Beard Boys
I Dream of Beavis
The Mystery of Morning Wood

..according to Amazon..And Cow Tipping & Morning Wood are some of my favorites :(. Maybe this super low price signals a more proper 'ALL OF' set coming in the near future? Who knows - still @ $20 this is hard to pass up..Pulling the trigger as soon as I decide if I *really* have to have that shirt or not.

[edit] Don't know of the other 2 sets, but vol 2's 3rd disc is basically an extras disc consisting of a handful of videos (eg: the mc 900 ft jesus one) and promo stuff.

Bought it couple hours ago. Seems like the best deal for 3 Seasons of Americas past time show. Thanks!

ituggle said:
These are without any/most of the videos, right?

If they were the complete episodes, videos and all, I would grab all of them.

Stupid rights and licensing!!!!

Actually these do contain some-to-most of the music videos. It's a 1000x better than the timelife collection of beavis and butthead.

i bought two sets said vol 1 and 2 were available for backorder so i wonder how long till it ships out

Odd, I think they're cancelling orders without notice (pricing error?)...My order status says shipped on all 3, I got an email a few days ago saying processed..

cut/paste from email
------------------------------

Dear Kris XXXXXXX,

Thank you for shopping at MTV!

Your order has been processed. We have listed the details for your item(s) below.

------------------------
YOUR ORDER INFORMATION:
------------------------

Order #: 549XXXX
Date: 11-22-2006 10:29 PM

------------------------------------------------
Product Line 1: Beavis and Butt-Head: Mike Judge Collection Vol. 1 DVD
Product ID: 3932247
Item Price: $5.99
QTY Ordered: 1
QTY Shipped: 1
Tracking #: 910108260001121XXXXXXX
Product Line 2: Beavis and Butt-Head: The Mike Judge Collection, Vol. 3 [3 Discs]
Product ID: 4450789
Product Line 3: Beavis and Butt-Head: The Mike Judge Collection, Vol. 2 [3 Discs]
Product ID: 4468469

-----------------------------------------------------------

copy/paste from website
-----------------------------------
Order Number: 549XXXX
Recipient: Kris XXXXXXXXXX
Ordered On: Nov 22, 2006 $21.44 Closed

And my bank account funds were in limbo until today (available=balance-charge for the 3 sets); now available=balance :(. I either will end up getting nothing or they're on their way (and possibly free if the order really WAS processed/shipped when the system said so). There are tracking numbers on the order details page, but no way seemingly to actually track them (ie: no links, although I did standard shipping [USPS?] and not many e-tailers are setup for USPS tracking), although again the 'status' column for each says 'shipped'..Also, no e-mails other than the order notification (on the 22nd) one and then shipment notification (on the 25th; in triplicate for some reason; all 3 listed on each). I would have thought if I was in the backorder/cancelled group that they would have contacted me by now...

Not to mention they now want $27, $29 and $30 for each set respectively..$60 for all 3.

Long story short, deal obviously DEAD, but question remains whether any of us will end up getting what has supposedly already shipped.......

[edit] And btw, anyone interested in the Beavis shirt - it's still listed @ $3.99, not on backorder (still can add to cart at least).

link

Little update: copy/pasted one of the tracking numbers (edit: durr; all three tracking #s the same, ie: shipped from same warehouse) I mentioned above, and google USPS tracking..Put in the #..And gives me the following:

Label/Receipt Number: 9101 0826 0001 XXXX XXXX XX

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on November 27, 2006 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.
----------------
So, looks a bit better for my order status..It may actually be on the way, just have to wait a couple more days (unless they shipped in CA) to find out.

@Pjaank - when did you order yours?

[edit again] FWIW, if anyone's interested in attempting to track a USPS order here's a link .

[edit x3] Come to think of it - the banking 'issues' I was thinking of may have been nothing..I may have had more $ in the account than I thought, and the 'phantom' charge disappeared because nothing else was ordered..IOW, real charge+phantom+carton of smokes would add up to about what I had in the bank last time I made a deposit (don't use the acct much for other than 'net orders).

looks like prices are back to ~$20 per collection, deal looks dead

Still on BO for me. Waiting for an email confirmation.

Those in my boat, it would be much appreciated if you could post when you receive any updates. I'll definitely do the same.

I received all of mine yesterday in the mail as advertised. Guess I got lucky :cool:

Last update from me on the subject...

Good end to a fairly crappy day - got back from a funeral not long ago..Went downstairs to water the plants, and in that time the USPS carrier dropped off a package for me.. Yay!! all 3 sets, shrink wrapped, new; nothing seems wrong..

Thanks again to the OP for the hookup - otherwise I would never have ordered them ($60-90 too much, but $21+change a STEAL). For once I didn't see an [H] deal find too late (and hopped on it). No proof pics (not that they're needed in this case) - my digi cam was stolen a few months back @ a family birthday party :(.

Anyway, anyone that didn't get their orders cancelled *should* have or will receive them..For those of you on B/O - I don't know what to say..Maybe cross your fingers, however likely they'll just end up 'forgetting' about it; or send a cancel e-mail @ the last moment.

got vol 2 toady says rest on BO but you go to site and it says they are in stock

my vol 3 shipped. but vol 1 and 2 says still backordered. hum wonder how long they will stay backordered

cOrE said:
got vol 2 toady says rest on BO but you go to site and it says they are in stock

Yeah, that's got me a little worried ATM... Oh well, I'm sure they'll still come.

Edit 12/05/06 - Got charged for them this morning and no email on any of them getting off BO or anything. Starting to get a little ticked...

Firebomb said:
my vol 3 shipped. but vol 1 and 2 says still backordered. hum wonder how long they will stay backordered

My email said they would keep you backordered for 30 days.

I got vol3 in my grubby hands, waiting (hopefully) on vol1 and vol2

i got vol 2 today, but 1 and 3 are still backordered I guess. will they tell me threw email or do I have to keep bugging them?

Man i belive they are gunna keep giving me the run around on these i think it was a error and they are trying to say they are on backorder i belive so my 30 days is up and they cancle it. Its bs they say its in stock on their site. Gunna use my girls credit card and order them tommorw for full price to see if they ship out if they do im gunna be pissed.

cOrE said:
Man i belive they are gunna keep giving me the run around on these i think it was a error and they are trying to say they are on backorder i belive so my 30 days is up and they cancle it. Its bs they say its in stock on their site. Gunna use my girls credit card and order them tommorw for full price to see if they ship out if they do im gunna be pissed.
That would be interesting to say the least..... :eek:

Back