Beats Solo HD $110

I laugh at all the douchebags at the gym wearing bigass "beats", connected to even bigger smartphone trying to be "cool"... Dumba$$es...:rolleyes:

I laugh at all the douchebags at the gym wearing bigass "beats", connected to even bigger smartphone trying to be "cool"... Dumba$$es...:rolleyes:

This! :eek:

Im amazed how many people are uneducated in audio devices, beats are pure shit and I see lots of people have them.

You can get Pioneer SE-A1000 for $55 that sounds just as good as Sennheiser HD 650 thats $500! Most people here probably have not even heard of SE-A1000.

Last edited:
Lol these headphones aren't terrible, still a bit overpriced at $110.

I wouldn't use these at the gym either, I hate having that bulk on my head.

Lol these headphones aren't terrible, still a bit overpriced at $110.

I wouldn't use these at the gym either, I hate having that bulk on my head.

At around $50 one could argue that they were "decent" but even then you'd have a very tough time telling anyone that they sound the best for that price as you're in superlux price range as well as a bunch of others.

The bottom line is if you're looking for a "trendy" set of headphones buy your beats and enjoy it. If you're buying this for sound quality your money is best spent elsewhere.

Im amazed how many people are uneducated in audio devices, beats are pure shit and I see lots of people have them.

You can get Pioneer SE-A1000 for $55 that sounds just as good as Sennheiser HD 650 thats $500! Most people here probably have not even heard of SE-A1000.

oh come on they're not 'pure shit'. they sound fairly decent and are overpriced for what you get (which is widely acknowledged). they carry a premium for brand imaging and style which some people are willing to pay for. more power to 'em.

Yeah, fuck people for buying what they like.

:D:D

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Yeah, fuck people for buying what they like.

Maybe when connected to a poor output device (mobile), but toss in a proper DAC/AMP and those 650 will surely have a much better sound..

Last edited:
Maybe when connect to a poor input device, but toss in a proper DAC/AMP and those 650 will surely have a much better sound..

This is so true. I picked up a Sennheiser headphone to use on the computer and just going from onboard Audio to a $25 sound card helped (Asus Xonar). Cant wait till I grab something to help it along a bit more, although its more than I need now (but not near what it could be).

oh come on they're not 'pure shit'. they sound fairly decent and are overpriced for what you get (which is widely acknowledged). they carry a premium for brand imaging and style which some people are willing to pay for. more power to 'em.

:D:D

Pure stuntin'.

Kidding aside, Beats marketing is just too powerful.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Kingston Hyper Cloud X are the best gaming headphones out there for the buck and they sound decent too.

any noise cancelling ones? I have a little one on the way, and need a way to do work at home without going crazy.

The only people who get mad at Beats are the ones who have no idea about their intended usage. If you like classical music or similar types of genres (anything that doesn't favor bass), why the hell are you even looking at them? They work fine if you listen to the right music, and they don't look like complete shit like most of the headphones that are always mentioned as alternatives do. Is that silly? Sure, but some people care about that.

That said, these are pretty shitty, the newer ones are much better. If you do want to get beats, try to find an amazon warehouse deal, I got some for $180 instead of $300+ and they were brand new.

any noise cancelling ones? I have a little one on the way, and need a way to do work at home without going crazy.

The noise canceling on the Beats is not that great. I bought a setof Studio 2.0s in hopes it would stop the AC noise at work. I was disappointed.

The noise canceling on the Beats is not that great. I bought a setof Studio 2.0s in hopes it would stop the AC noise at work. I was disappointed.

They work fine depending on how loud your music is, but if you are really after the best noise cancelling then Bose is the brand you are looking for. They demolish any other headphones for noise cancelling, even if their sound isn't the best.

They work fine depending on how loud your music is, but if you are really after the best noise cancelling then Bose is the brand you are looking for. They demolish any other headphones for noise cancelling, even if their sound isn't the best.

Yea the bose are really good but they dont have a wireless version yet as far as I know. That is the only reason I have beats studio wireless 2.0s. The sony MDR-1ABT I tried were better but were twice as much as I paid for my beats studio wireless 2.0s.

They look like something you'd see on the discount rack for $10.

There really should be a genocide on the entire modern rap industry. Literally nothing good comes out of it.

Do they? I mean most reviews I've read say they're good, but it's hard to tell between a review and a pay advertisement sometimes. I guess the best bet is to get a pair from a store with a very good return policy (Costco comes to mind), and actually see how well they work. Worst case scenario I buy a pair of ear muffs for shooting at the local outdoor/activities store... but then my experience with them is they really are not meant to be on for too long.

Do they? I mean most reviews I've read say they're good, but it's hard to tell between a review and a pay advertisement sometimes. I guess the best bet is to get a pair from a store with a very good return policy (Costco comes to mind), and actually see how well they work. Worst case scenario I buy a pair of ear muffs for shooting at the local outdoor/activities store... but then my experience with them is they really are not meant to be on for too long.

I use mine for long periods of time. I feel they are really comfortable, just gets a little sweaty because its completely closed.

The only people who get mad at Beats are the ones who have no idea about their intended usage. If you like classical music or similar types of genres (anything that doesn't favor bass), why the hell are you even looking at them? They work fine if you listen to the right music, and they don't look like complete shit like most of the headphones that are always mentioned as alternatives do. Is that silly? Sure, but some people care about that.

That said, these are pretty shitty, the newer ones are much better. If you do want to get beats, try to find an amazon warehouse deal, I got some for $180 instead of $300+ and they were brand new.

These aren't even that good in the bass arena

Back