Beats Music Will Become A Default iOS App In 2015

HardOCP News

[H] News
After spending $3 billion on Beats, you'd think Apple would have made it a default app immediately. :eek:

If true, this move would be the first major Apple-branded action involving Beats, Inc. after acquiring both its hardware and software divisions in a $3 billion deal this past May. A forced app install will not replace or remove existing iTunes and iTunes Radio services, but the report didn't clarify whether iOS users would be given any promotional offer to sample the paid Beats service as new users.

Or get an Android phone and delete what you want and make default what you want.

Enough with the damned default apps! Pretty soon an iPhone 5/5s will have two screens just of default apps.

They try really hard with these headphones. I'm thinking about leaning towards Android around early next year.

Or get an Android phone and delete what you want and make default what you want.

Unless it's a system app, then you have to root it. Thanks to AT&T, Beats, Facebook and Twitter along with several other apps can't be removed because they are considered system apps.

people are ranting bout having another default program in IOS like it is a big deal. As aa beats music user, I welcome the closer integration.

They try really hard with these headphones. I'm thinking about leaning towards Android around early next year.

I always see the bros at the gym with the big beats cans on their ears and have to chuckle a little.

-Shure SE530 master race.

Enough with the damned default apps! Pretty soon an iPhone 5/5s will have two screens just of default apps.

But the default apps have good integration with everything and are nearly sufficient for my needs. A very small percentage of my phone usage is on a non Apple created app.

I'm very happy to have switched from iOS to Android over two years ago so I don't have to deal with crap apps such as Beats.

So is this replacing iTunes, becoming its own streaming service, distorting the living hell out of the audio settings or adding $300 on to the price of an iPhone for adding a $5 pair of headsets?

I have to laugh at default apps, people made such a big deal out of this in the MS monopoly days. What have you earned? Nothing the other competitors still do it and don't give a shit. Even on android we have a lot of crap especially if you reside in the USA where you must break your warranty in order to root a phone then uninstall the carrier bloat. It just goes to show you all the hate for MS was pretty much unwarranted.

Back