Be very careful about purchasing NZXT products

If you only you guys would make a LEXA S full tower tho, that would be my dream case.

THAT would be AMAZING. "Full tower Lexa XL-S. Removable HDD cage, side 140mm fan, USB 3, mount for bottom 120mm fan, 2 200mm fans on top, bigger cable routing holes and more room behind the mobo tray." We'd be in business yet again.

My experiences with NZXT and Athenatech could not have been more different...

I purchased an NZXT Rogue case from Newegg a couple years ago. It shipped without ANY of the accessories.

I emailed them a very polite letter explaining my situation, I listed was missing, and asked if this was something they could help me with. I received an email response 2 days later from someone in the company asking what they could do to resolve the situation. I replied back listing the exact items that were missing.

I've never heard back from him or anyone else from NZXT.

Fuck 'em. They'll never see another penny of mine.

Contrast that with Athenatech:

I bought their case to replace the NZXT Rogue. I modded it to add some cable management holes and some other minor mods to make ca ble management easier.

I emailed the company and listed the mods I did and I sent them pics of the mods so they could see how the mods improved the case overall.

The frikking VP of the company had someone look me up online at one of those "find anyone" sites and he called my home phone number to verify my address.

He then sent me, free of charge, a new case that had been modded from the factory and included a hand-written thank you note, thanking me for my feedback.

Guess who will get my money in the future?

NZXT, you're doing it wrong.

Hello Bodan,

My name is Rob and I am part of the product development team at NZXT and the community rep. This level of support is inexcusable, I am sorry. We are actively working to overhaul our support.

Send me an email with your filter and fan controller request and your shipping address and I will be sure to have these parts sent out to you.

[email protected]

you got email

Yeah very impressive. Ignore the customers on the nzxt website pm's\threads\emails but help other people on another larger forum when they start to get a bad rep. The only consistent thing about nzxt is lack of quality\customer support.

Just reading through this, but will honestly say I haven't actually had personal experience with NZXT before...That being said, I agree with the sentiment that their in-house should be better, and it should never pop up here. However, at least be fair and give credit to the guy that is trying to do right - it appears its not even his responsibility, so don't disparage the comment that directly praises his actions.

And yes, I do fully realize the point you're making - it shouldn't require an outside post like this to get an RMA. Still, it doesn't feel right beating on the one guy who is trying to help there.

Ive not had to deal with their customer support, but my NZXT Switch 810 case I purchased was flawless and had all parts as expected .

Ive never been happier with a case.

Just reading through this, but will honestly say I haven't actually had personal experience with NZXT before...That being said, I agree with the sentiment that their in-house should be better, and it should never pop up here. However, at least be fair and give credit to the guy that is trying to do right - it appears its not even his responsibility, so don't disparage the comment that directly praises his actions.

And yes, I do fully realize the point you're making - it shouldn't require an outside post like this to get an RMA. Still, it doesn't feel right beating on the one guy who is trying to help there.

yup.

I forgot to post follow up, Rob very VERY quickly responded to me and got my part to me

Hello everyone,

As you may or may not know, I'm also a Forum Rep for NZXT. Rob (Retell) still is as well, though he's taking on more duties outside of the forums and I'm stepping in to really take the reins. So, if you need anything, you have questions, an RMA request.

I know that our Customer Service, in the past, has been a point of contention. However, I want to assure you that it's something we are focusing very much on to improve.

Hello everyone,

As you may or may not know, I'm also a Forum Rep for NZXT. Rob (Retell) still is as well, though he's taking on more duties outside of the forums and I'm stepping in to really take the reins. So, if you need anything, you have questions, an RMA request.

I know that our Customer Service, in the past, has been a point of contention. However, I want to assure you that it's something we are focusing very much on to improve.

Good to know mate. Thanks. :D

Here is an email to the nzxt employee who helped me out with a fan problem I was having a few months back he got me a new replacments fan and even upgraded it to the led version for free. I beleive Nzxt issue isnt lack of support but more a lack of being ready fo so many new customers.With there line of cases that took off so fast. But any ways here is the guys email good luck let me know if he was able to [email protected]

OOps didnt read the full post i see hes allready contacted you on the hard thanxs again rob

Well its ironic that I ended up needing assistance from NZXT a few weeks after this thread was made, and I was hoping to get a good response based on the reps comments in here, but unfortunately, this is not the case,

A few days ago I opened up a ticket because of a bad fan hub that came with my Switch 810 and no responses at all.

Looks like all of the "Im here to help, blah blah blah" lasted a short while.

I also tried to send an email to the one listed above, but it was kicked back by their mail server. Looks like hes changed his email addres.......

I used the same venue that any average customer who is not privy to specific employees emails would. I used their ticket system which at the moment feels like it is not even monitored.

Xnine has come through for me and is an upstanding customer support agent! Thanks again!

I've also had extreme difficulty getting an RMA replied to, but I pm'd the person on this page, hopefully it will get resolved with a yes or no, either way, the NZXT case is amazing, and I'd recommend the case to everyone.

Just ordered a 410 from Newegg since they had 20% off deal. First experience with NZXT so just hope it does not turn out like this thread.

ACTUALLY the main people in this thread who had complaints (including myself) ended up very happy in the end. XNine is handling things now and he is in the ball and responds VERY quickly.

For a company that literally showed up as a premium case manufacturer practically overnight is bound to have some support issues that they were not equipped to handle in the beginings, but like anything else, they are hearing the public and are working towards better practices.

I still love my Switch 810, and am so happy I didnt spend the money on an 800D now .

Yeah... if I can go by MC today I'll likely pic up one of these as well. Hopefully they'll still have the last white unit in stock :D

microcenter is pretty expensive on these cases aren't they? Are you getting the 810 or a Phantom?

810, it's the same price as Newegg. Sadly I missed out on the sale Newegg just had.

I see, you can also check the NZXT website. They have the 810's refurbished for a decently cheap price, I can't remember how much though.

hmm I pm'd NZXT guy on these forums and still no reply. Can't get a reply on my ticket at NZXT, there forums, or these forums. While I'm impressed with the cases, the customer service is very unimpressive.

Hmmm, very tempting. I wonder how their refurbished products are? Has anyone ever purchased a refurb case from them? I'd be worried it was scuffed up or something. I'll generally even take a case out of it's box in store to ensure it's not dented or scuffed.

Lol ... of course cheapest shipping is $35 so not really a deal.

Just got a Source 210 Elite in White and from them initial inspection of the case looks good no issues yet but i havent started the actual build. Just from the initial inspection though im blown away with the quality especially for the $50 shipped i payed for it. Crossing my fingers that the build goes swimmingly tonight.

Hmmm, very tempting. I wonder how their refurbished products are? Has anyone ever purchased a refurb case from them? I'd be worried it was scuffed up or something. I'll generally even take a case out of it's box in store to ensure it's not dented or scuffed.

Lol ... of course cheapest shipping is $35 so not really a deal.

Yeah, I should have mentioned about NZXT's shipping prices. I was looking to replace my usb 3.0 front ports for the phantom case and shipping for that tiny unit was like $10. There is no way it costs $10 to ship a piece that could fit into a little envelope. I think your best bet is just to buy locally or on newegg when it has free shipping, I don't think I'd buy a refurbished unit for $165 when a new one is at that price point.

Exactly, I can get new locally for $180 out the door. The Phantom (full ATX) has my eye as well.... but it wouldn't hold another giant radiator like the switch can.
I may end up taking a RX240 radiator to Micro Center and see what cases it fits in :D

Just got a Source 210 Elite in White and from them initial inspection of the case looks good no issues yet but i havent started the actual build. Just from the initial inspection though im blown away with the quality especially for the $50 shipped i payed for it. Crossing my fingers that the build goes swimmingly tonight.
I just got one of those too. I haven't started building yet, but so far I'm astonished at the level of quality for $50 (got mine at Newegg with no shipping charge).

I'm thinking up a way to put filters/blocking material on the places where I won't have fans, as well as add air filtering on the "in" side of each fan (so that the fan itself doesn't get dusty). I think I'll start a thread about it if I come up with anything good.

Well I know the Phantom can hold a 240mm rad at the bottom of the case, a 240 mm rad at the top of the case, and a 120 mm rad at the back of the case. Either one is a great choice, I have the Phantom, but if I ever go for a new case I will either get a switch or the new full size tower that NZXT eventually makes.

Back