Be very careful about purchasing NZXT products

bodan

Weaksauce
I bought an NZXT Vulcan last summer and while building the system I noticed it didn't have the PSU air filter. No big deal - I'd just send a ticket in and get one sent to me. It's a small flat piece of plastic. I used the RMA form on their website and waited, and waited. Eventually, after no reply, I checked their forums. The RMA forums are just completely plastered with people having issues just like mine.

I finally had to search around for a mod to PM my issue to in hopes of getting some kind of answer. By this point I must have sent in my problem via the RMA form 3-4 times and once manually. Finally, after stating the obvious problem of all these people with RMA threads with no replies, the mod personally sent some replacements out, and I was happy with that.

6 months later or so, the fan controller that came with the case went bad and is half-working. Sent an RMA request form. No reply. Checked the forums, in the same state it was months ago. It seems the RMA request form sends your requests directly into the trash. I PM'd the same guy that helped me last time and I've not gotten a response (about 5 days now).

Here's what their forums look like, notice the lack of replies, and the ones with replies are bumped by the thread's author's wanting a response on the issue:

In contrast... before I owned this Vulcan I was using a Silverstone TJ06 bought back in 2005. In 2011 I needed some HDD rails and a guy at Silverstone shipped them to me from just one e-mail. The case was well out of warranty and long since out of production.

I purchased an NZXT H2 and the rubber grommets all fell off after running one cable. Then the wire routing hole for the CPU power cable wouldn't fit an 8 pin header. I went to their forums to ask about those things and why they chose such an extremely cheap HDD mounting system, and saw the same thing you did.

I'd tend to disagree. I mean obviously their forums need work, as it's hard to get anywhere on them. But I have had an audio jack go bad and a fan that was wobbly, and they sent me out two replacements for each and the whole issue was resolved within 3 weeks of my first problem. The nzxt rep here on the forums is the guy you wanna be in touch with.

I have had nothing but good experiences with NZXT.

I'd tend to disagree. I mean obviously their forums need work, as it's hard to get anywhere on them. But I have had an audio jack go bad and a fan that was wobbly, and they sent me out two replacements for each and the whole issue was resolved within 3 weeks of my first problem. The nzxt rep here on the forums is the guy you wanna be in touch with.

This is good to know and will keep that in mind.

OK? Then why hasn't he responded to this thread? And why would it be more prudent to get support on their product on someone else's forums than their own? It isn't, and that is ridiculous. If he is on these forums helping people then why the hell are their own forums in such a sorry state? Why doesn't their RMA request on their own website work? No one gets any responses from it.

This is my SECOND issue with NZXT and both are a huge pain. I'm sorry, but one look at their support forums and no one should be recommending NZXT. There are months old threads with NO responses. That is completely and wholly unacceptable, and the 3 weeks it took to resolve your issue is nothing to write home about either. Once again, Silverstone immediately sent me replacement HDD rails for an out of production and out of warranty case 5-6 years after purchase date. Took one business week and two e-mails.

Do they not have a phone number you can call? I always have the best results when I call and talk to someone.

Hey bodan...try posting a review on New*gg about your product and the lack of support. I know they've responded to negative feedback with contact info before...that may get their attention a lot faster on a site that can effect new sales. long shot but hey it might work!

Do they not have a phone number you can call? I always have the best results when I call and talk to someone.

Here is their support page:

http://www.nzxt.com/new/support.php

No contact info other than e-mail and a written address aside from their RMA form that processes your request directly into the garbage!

fps4ever said:
Hey bodan...try posting a review on New*gg about your product and the lack of support. I know they've responded to negative feedback with contact info before...that may get their attention a lot faster on a site that can effect new sales. long shot but hey it might work!

That is a GREAT idea and I will try this.

OK? Then why hasn't he responded to this thread? And why would it be more prudent to get support on their product on someone else's forums than their own? It isn't, and that is ridiculous. If he is on these forums helping people then why the hell are their own forums in such a sorry state? Why doesn't their RMA request on their own website work? No one gets any responses from it.

This is my SECOND issue with NZXT and both are a huge pain. I'm sorry, but one look at their support forums and no one should be recommending NZXT. There are months old threads with NO responses. That is completely and wholly unacceptable, and the 3 weeks it took to resolve your issue is nothing to write home about either. Once again, Silverstone immediately sent me replacement HDD rails for an out of production and out of warranty case 5-6 years after purchase date. Took one business week and two e-mails.

I am just quoting from personal experience. All I can say is I have had great experiences with them. Sorry to hear you haven't.

It's funny how that page looks exactly like the RMA page and the RMA page specifically wants you to use that form. But I've experienced the same with you: generally get better results by phone. I called and expected to just be directed once again to their RMA form, and this is exactly what they tried to do. It wasn't until I raised a fuss over all the issues I outlined here that the rep had me e-mail the issue to him directly, to which he forwarded the issue to the RMA dept. So, we'll see how that goes. Shouldn't have to go through all this, especially when they have RMA forms and RMA forums on their website.

Hello Bodan,

My name is Rob and I am part of the product development team at NZXT and the community rep. This level of support is inexcusable, I am sorry. We are actively working to overhaul our support.

Send me an email with your filter and fan controller request and your shipping address and I will be sure to have these parts sent out to you.

[email protected]

Yeah I had a Vulcan case and I requested a replacement fan because the orange LED one that shipped had 2 broken fins. Don't ask me how it happened but it did. I emailed back and forth with someone 6 or 7 times and he kept saying it was shipped and he would get me a tracking number.. It never came and he stopped responding to my emails. I sold the case and haven't purchased anything from them since.

When I had the Phantom, The front got scratched very easily, Called them and they sent me out a brand new front and also sent me some free nzxt extension cables as well.

Hello Bodan,

My name is Rob and I am part of the product development team at NZXT and the community rep. This level of support is inexcusable, I am sorry. We are actively working to overhaul our support.

Send me an email with your filter and fan controller request and your shipping address and I will be sure to have these parts sent out to you.

[email protected]

Hello Mr. Teller,

Your name sounded familiar and after a second I realized you are the mod I personally PM'd with this issue on the NZXT forums (about 8 days ago when I made the thread, which still has no response). Name there is Retell with the little black and brown dog as your avatar on the forums? I still haven't gotten a response from you there but I'll give you the benefit of a doubt. I'll shoot the e-mail out to you and hope this issue can finally get resolved.

Rob can't answer your PMs on the NZXT forums because he's been on a recent Minecraft obsession. I have a feeling he’s built an entire Metropolis by now, that is if he isn’t too busy working on another pc project.

I would just throw that shit out and get something from another company. I hope retell is one of the problems they are going to fix cause he obviously doesn't have his shit together.

I would just throw that shit out and get something from another company. I hope retell is one of the problems they are going to fix cause he obviously doesn't have his shit together.

Wow - this was rather unnecessary.

Yeah, I haven't bothered with NZXT products either for a few years now after emails, phone calls and forum posts went ignored.

I hope your problem gets sorted out though.

I bought an NZXT Vulcan last summer and while building the system I noticed it didn't have the PSU air filter. No big deal - I'd just send a ticket in and get one sent to me. It's a small flat piece of plastic. I used the RMA form on their website and waited, and waited. Eventually, after no reply, I checked their forums. The RMA forums are just completely plastered with people having issues just like mine.

If it was right after you bought it, why not just return the thing right off the bat and either get a new one or go with an entirely different product? If I notice something missing from a product and I just bought it and it's within the return policy - I return it.

Doesn't excuse the endless runaround you're getting and a lack of support on their end....but I don't know why you didn't just return it. Even if you bought it online and you'd have to ship it back....I'd complain to NewEgg or Amazon or whomever about missing parts in a factory sealed box and tell them they should pay for the return shipping and you'd probably get that thrown in as well; it's not like you'd be returning it because you changed your mind or something.

ALL computer tech companies have miserable customer service. That is why I value NewEgg and a few others who take care of their customers. I also value Koolance for their customer care.

Hello Mr. Teller,

Your name sounded familiar and after a second I realized you are the mod I personally PM'd with this issue on the NZXT forums (about 8 days ago when I made the thread, which still has no response). Name there is Retell with the little black and brown dog as your avatar on the forums? I still haven't gotten a response from you there but I'll give you the benefit of a doubt. I'll shoot the e-mail out to you and hope this issue can finally get resolved.

Hello bodan, I just checked and I did receive your PM. I apologize for not checking it sooner, I am an admin of our forums, but not the regular representative, that coupled with not receiving a notification of your PM left it unread. I will be more diligent in checking our forum from here on.

I have not received your email yet and just wanted to confirm that you have not yet sent it so there is no miss-communication.

Hello bodan, I just checked and I did receive your PM. I apologize for not checking it sooner, I am an admin of our forums, but not the regular representative, that coupled with not receiving a notification of your PM left it unread. I will be more diligent in checking our forum from here on.

I have not received your email yet and just wanted to confirm that you have not yet sent it so there is no miss-communication.

E-mail was just sent.

Just a quick update, not sure why Bodan is now banned, but his part was shipped to him.

Personally Retell, I wanna know why the front of my switch 810, The part that comes off the front, Isnt even, Its not straight across, 1 side sticks out alittle more and makes it look kinda odd.

Its no big deal, But I just dont like how it looks that way.

Personally Retell, I wanna know why the front of my switch 810, The part that comes off the front, Isnt even, Its not straight across, 1 side sticks out alittle more and makes it look kinda odd.

Awww. :(

Don't tell me bad things about that case. I've been eyeing it for a while now.

Thanks for this valuable information. NZXT added to my list of companies to never do business with.

In contrast... before I owned this Vulcan I was using a Silverstone TJ06 bought back in 2005. In 2011 I needed some HDD rails and a guy at Silverstone shipped them to me from just one e-mail. The case was well out of warranty and long since out of production.

No offense, but this is like comparing a Hundai to a Mercedes Benz.... of course they are going to bend over backwards for you, you payed a whole lot more for the case (probably 5-6 times more).

NZXT has been pretty cool when I've contacted them before. Sent out a free replacement for a part *I broke* in a timely manner.

Any news about mine as well Retell? :)

Checked my PM's and didn't see anything from you. Can you send me your email addy so I can search for your email, or resend?

My preproduction doesn't have that issue, let me crack open a mass production unit tomorrow and check for that issues. We will happily replace the front panel for you. :)

Awww. :(

Don't tell me bad things about that case. I've been eyeing it for a while now.

I will look at a few of our newest shipment to try and confirm this is not a widespread issue. ;)

Thanks for this valuable information. NZXT added to my list of companies to never do business with.

I am sorry you feel this way. Is there anything I could have done to remedy this situation better?

I was interested to read this thread since I've had an issue getting support for a power supply through the normal means.

Having read the thread I am impressed and encouraged that Retell has taken the time to answer the posts and help the users out. I've also PM'd Retell to see if he would be able to help my situation.

I was interested to read this thread since I've had an issue getting support for a power supply through the normal means.

Having read the thread I am impressed and encouraged that Retell has taken the time to answer the posts and help the users out. I've also PM'd Retell to see if he would be able to help my situation.

Yeah very impressive. Ignore the customers on the nzxt website pm's\threads\emails but help other people on another larger forum when they start to get a bad rep. The only consistent thing about nzxt is lack of quality\customer support.

I've had nothing but great experiences with NZXT.. I purchased a Lexa Blackline case a while back, and was sent the repair parts for the "feet" of the case free of charge.. Although it took more than one shipment to get the correct part, NZXT was diligent in making sure that I was a happy customer.. Maybe I'm one of the lucky ones..

Rather than posting messages on forums and PM'ing admins, I go through the proper support channels to get RMA information.. More often than not, requesting an RMA will get you a quicker response.. That's just my experience though..

Rather than posting messages on forums and PM'ing admins, I go through the proper support channels to get RMA information.. More often than not, requesting an RMA will get you a quicker response.. That's just my experience though..

I tried a few times to go through proper RMA channels. Never got any response. I once got a person who asked for my contact information, which I gave, and then never heard back. It may be hit or miss like anything else.

Get Fractal next time :p hehe j/k

Seriously though, when things like this happen I go and put up a post on the brand's Facebook page. The greater the page, the worse it makes them look, so it rather brings a quick response from their customer support. ;)

Iv owned a few NZXT products and plan to buy more in the future, possibly a switch 810 with my tax return :)

If you only you guys would make a LEXA S full tower tho, that would be my dream case.

Back