be quiet! Silent Base 800 Full-Tower Chassis Review @ [H]

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
be quiet! Silent Base 800 Full-Tower Chassis Review - With a company name like be quiet!, you likely know what to somewhat expect. This German company strives to build some of the best designed computer chassis on the market. Its new Silent Base 800 series cases certainly look good on the outside. How does it perform when it comes to being cool and quiet?

Wow, great case, I think they could have squeezed those HDD's together a bit more but I like this a lot!

Any plans to do the TT W100 case? Fully modular, massive, very very open. Looks like a cool case.

If be quiet sells replacement parts, you could get a second 3-drive cage and fit ten 3.5" drives in the case.

Not sure if it was mentioned in the review but the be quiet! Silent Base 800 can come with a see through panel (EU at least) and that one seems to be different in sound dampening , supposedly it is a lot louder.

I'm happy with my purchase never the less tho :)

I had a customers Intel i7 Extreme based machine in with one of these. It is a lovely case. The best made one by far I have seen in well over 20 years. Makes every other case feel like a $30 one.

This seems like a really nice case. When i first saw it I was about to comment that orange really isn't my thing, but then I saw that there are many color options, and that is great.

I like my Corsair 750D Airflow, but if I were shopping today, I might choose this instead.

Not sure if it was mentioned in the review but the be quiet! Silent Base 800 can come with a see through panel (EU at least) and that one seems to be different in sound dampening , supposedly it is a lot louder.

I'm happy with my purchase never the less tho :)

doesn't surprise me, if you look at the last picture of the door in the exterior page you'll see why having the see through panel would make it loud. it becomes the only exit for any sound from the case.

Nice review! I've used Antec Performance One P193 tower cases in the past and they're nice because they're coated with some kind of plastic layer and are very quiet, but they always have weird or poorly designed power buttons. I've been on the lookout for an equivalent in terms of quiet without the weirdness.

doesn't surprise me, if you look at the last picture of the door in the exterior page you'll see why having the see through panel would make it loud. it becomes the only exit for any sound from the case.

Supposedly there are cases which do use the better materials with the see through panel that will make it less noisy.

Back