BD on chilled water?

tunatime

Well...OK
Any one know how bd will clock on chilledx water at-10F? On my 955be I went foorm 3.8 to 4.5ghz. Whit bd being a power hog does any one think that bd will scale better then X4s at low temps. I wonder if when cold if bd might clock really high and maby reduce the power leakeg? Any thoughts? I wish amd would have made them work whit Am3 mbs as I would pick one up if I didint need a new mb to.

Well AMD got single core BD to ~8Ghz with liquid helium. I don't think you're going to get a huge clock speed boost over air cooling with -10c chilled liquid.

single module, two cores. Im guessing chilled water should get above 5ghz. a guy on extreme overclocking got his fx 6100 to 5ghz with antec 620 cooler.

Well AMD got single core BD to ~8Ghz with liquid helium. I don't think you're going to get a huge clock speed boost over air cooling with -10c chilled liquid.

not -10c -10f or about -23c my 955 at 4.5ghz1.725v would prim under 0c so i think a droop of temps of about 40c load should help a bd i just wish i had one to test becues im beating you would hit 5.5 range or so

Back