BBQ'D Gigabyte X58-UD9

NCX

Supreme [H]ardness
thread should be moved to intel section. Back up pc=extremely slow Toshiba Netbook (NB200), currently researching but my net NB is very slow.

PC would turn on my kb+m would not power on and my monitors were not receiving a signal. I've been having start up issues lately & my pc has also shut itself off a few times randomly.

My last Antec PS also died, presumed my HCP did as well so I opened my pc to install a back up power supply to discover

this

One of the plastic pieces from the power supply is stuck in the mobo and the other slots are a bit too crispy looking.

Mobo=gigabyte x58-ud9 purchased Fall 2010, out of warranty
Power Supply=Antec High Current Pro 1200w purchased Spring 2011
CPU=i7 930 purchased fall 2010, OC=factory preset OC= 3.2ghz
GPU=Galaxy GTX 670 4gb: flash, boosts to [email protected] & MSI GTC 560 ti dedicated to physX
RAM=Patriot Viper DDR3 (3 x 2 GB) PC3-16000 2000MHz-PX736G2000ELK

I plan on contacting both companies. I have the receipt for the power supply, not sure about the mobo.

Looking for advice.

If I end up needing a new mobo I'd like one with extra space for 2x gpu (dual slot gpu+physX card) and a sound card.

Last edited:
Just some excess shit in that 24 pin socket, clean it out and test with a new PSU, mobo should be fine.

Get that PSU rma'd and supply some pictures of the *damage* caused to the mobo.

Mobo warranty is usually 1-2 years, not sure about 3 years, could be wrong. But if mobo is fine and stable I wouldn't worry too much about getting it rma'd as GB will probably just give you a refurbished board that will most likely fuck up sooner or later.

Taken plenty of pictures. Pieces of my power supply are stuck (fused?) into the 24 pin socket.

Rather not ended up stuck in an RMA cycle with Gigabyte. Picked the Z87 MPOWER MAX (won't buy Asus due to the dicey warranty), guess I will need a new cpu & I have triple channel memory

Last edited:
I've had this happen twice before. Funny thing...both times the PSU were Antec too!

Both times the motherboard was fine, so it might just be a cosmetic issue. Good luck!

Prefer not to spend $ but I doubt Antec will pay for a new mobo. CPU use=gaming, video editing (sony vegs) & school work.

Could purchase an older mobo for my i7 930 but that seems pointless since it is 3 years old. Seems like the i7 3570 & 4770k are the cpu's to buy these days.

Researching mobo repair.

Last edited:
Antec is so generous, they offered to replace my HCP-1200 with the 50$ cheaper HCP-1000 since they don't have any HCP-1200's in stock.

Last edited:
Back