BBC Reporter Breaks ‘Unbreakable’ Phone

To be honest it's not really clear how the phone broke, It looked like it was still powered on. There's a real easy way to kill this phone though. drop it in a diamond studded burr grinder.

Technically the phone did NOT break, it seemed to still function even though it had a cracked screen....... just to be technical and all

Pretty funny. Made it better that the phone rep didn't try to cover it up with some lame excuse and laughed at it, hah.

That would make me buy one (if I wanted an indestructible phone) because I pretty much know that was a fluke and they didn't try to cover it up. They said they'd replace it for free anyway.

idk about you guys but didnt a company I say about 40-50 years ago they built the unsinkable ship, and we all know what happened there. When will these CEO's and companys learn never claim something is unbreakable or fully proofed of anything cause someone will figure out a way to do what they claim is impossible.:rolleyes:

You talkin' about the Titanic? That was about 100 years ago :)

Have these guys ever seen a GZ'one? I have tried to break my Type S plenty of times with no luck, and it was way smaller than that brick.

Yeah, same here. I've had my Type S for two years now, and I've put it through far worse than that just showing it off to people.

Perhaps they should have staged it a bit beforehand lol. This is what happens when you let people do whatever they want live at a demo...

In my line of work you learn that nothing can be made idiot proof. Why? It's simple once you're done, the world immediately invents a better idiot.

Oddly enough, the screen was the first thing I thought of when I saw the phone, as it did not look very protected at all. I supposed the engineers assumed (big mistake) that the thick rubber would prevent the screen from damage. Engineers obviously not understanding the real-world laws of Murphy which always shows the most unlikely scenario to be the most likely or the one that happens with the first customer (or demonstration on national TV). Ask Bill Gates how that Murphy's law thing works.

Perhaps some 1/8 inch Lexan might do the trick.

That's some serious ownage. What is the name of the product? Back to the drawing board! :p Or maybe that's one super strong reporter! :eek:

Sucks for that company. How in the hell could you hammer a nail with it if it cant handle the corner of an aquarium?
I imagine one is supposed to use the back of the phone to hammer a nail. :confused:

Too be fair he attacked the weakest part of the phone with forces that you're unlikely to ever apply to the screen in any conceivable every day use situation.
It's still possible in everyday use to "attack" the phone like that. Imagine the phone being in the pocket and you get slammed against a corner and the sharp part hits that part of the pocket. Not likely, but possible w/o having to go out of your way. Even in the office, a klutz like me has bumped into odd shaped objects that has drawn blood. :eek:

2 words, pool table...

ive broken more phone screens against the edges of a pool table then i care to mention, im not even that heavy, its just the angle and small surface area of a corner that does it. i imagine i could break this "unbreakable phone" in the same sort of fashion while having it in my pocket playing pool.

Back