BB UT2K4 SE hot deal cancelled

it was 29.99 at my circuit. I also believe BF: V is also 29.99. To bad they don't have any copies or eigther.

Sorry I didn't clarify earlier. Yes I did get that 10% off coupon, but it had an expiration date on it, fairly soon too if I remember right.

Anyway, we were sold out all over my town, I couldn't think of anything else I wanted and at regular price - 10% the game would have still been $34.00, even though thats quibbling over small potatoes, I would have preferred to be offered a raincheck for the game at a later date for the same price. (no rainchecks for the SE so thats SOL in my opinion)

thats just me though.

The main reason I wanted the SE was because I wanted the DVD also. The idea of keeping track of a six cd game sounded kind of annoying. SWG was the most recent game I've purchased that was 2+ and it sucks to reload, so 6 is, right out. ;)

anyway, I'll just pick it up later or not at all. No sense being upset about it any longer. The lack of customer service was mainly what I was hacked off about.

T

BF: V is not sold out at the laguna hills store, i think we have at least 5 copies left. I'll settle for BF: V till we get ut2004 in :/

does it ever end. to add, frys did have it...we have many circuit cities here. ill try today.

Argh, this sucks. I should've gone tuesday, and now I'm worried my local BB won't have it.

I'll give it a shot, though. I'll cruise down to the Columbia, SC, Best Buy this weekend and see if that have any DVD copies left. Maybe I'll get lucky, and all the locals will be inside playing Deer Hunter. :p

Looks like alot of people that did get the SE version are selling them on ebay. Quite the mark-up too, 100% or more. Wish I could get my hands on a crate of these things.

Everyone that wants the SE needs to call or email EPIC and voice what they want, one thing is sure about business, that is if there is a demand for something there will be supply in most cases. I agree that this was a special edition, not limited edition. I dont care about it being special, i just want it on dvd.

I totally agree. We got 4 more of the normal versions at my store in, im hoping we might get some dvd copies in saturday and ill buy it right then lol some bitch ain't takin my game. I'll post if we get more than 1 cause that 1 is mine :) The price was raised on it tho, 39.99 on the normal copy, but its still 29.99 on our website so just tell them to check that if u want to buy normal for 30$

It's the laguna hills circuit city store i work at btw

I got lucky at my local CC yesterday afternoon.

Somebody cancelled an in-store pickup for an SE and I saw the girl put it back on the shelf. I didn't even go in there looking for 2K4 (I was looking for FarCry) but I'll certainly take providence when it falls on my head like that!

Actually, Epic should be shipping a DVD Edition of UT2k4 sometime in April. Won't have the headset, but it'll be DVD.

I just found a copy in douglasville, ga CC store, they said that the computer is showing one more copy in noonan ga.

/me got his copy from best buy a couple days ago. Yes it was late compared to when most other people got there se but hell I still got it. Go Best Buy.

Originally posted by Ashtaka

Many of us pre-ordered weeks before the game came out, how did BB rip you off? You expressed interest in the SE, however BB did not charge you for the purchase, now did they? It'd be one thing if they charged you $30, said you were getting the SE, but ran out.

Without putting money down, "pre-ordering" is like waiting in line for a ticket to a concert. There are only X tickets, and waiting does not guarantee you a ticket. The people who have their season passes get in (pre-paid preorders), the people at the begining of the line with their tents put up may get theirs (people who put down $5-$10 at the store), and people who are at the end of the line will try, and some may succeed, but will probably end up visiting a scalper.
No, the reason BB ripped people off is because they KNEW how many copies of ut2k4SE they would be getting, and so they shouldn't have accepted additional pre-orders after that point.

That said, the DVD edition rocks. I didn't like 2k4 the first time I played it, but now I love it:D

The thing that pisses me off about BB is I stopped by on the 17th and they told me they weren't allowed to sell it until the 18th... So I went home. Then a friend calls me up and says that they put a couple SE's out about 45 minutes before closing the store.. So I go out on the 18th and get to the store at 10:02.. 2 minutes after they opened and the dumbass blueshirt idiot tries to tell me that they had 20 copies and sold out in 2 minutes. There weren't even 10 people in the store. Fuck that. As soon as my card's paid off, they're not getting any of my business again. It's not just this, BB pulls bait and switch shit all the time and it's gone out of control.

im going to call all the CC's and Compusa's in the new orleans area, its a ghetto around here anyways, so if i find more than one i will buy it and sell it on ebay. but i refuse to buy the 6cd version, that is dogshit

well, since people put a couple more posts on this thread...

BB.com sent me a 10% off coupon (like someone else posted) good on one full order between Mar 28th and April 10th. I'm not really planning on buying anything but at least they're trying. I hope everyone gets them.

About that 10% off coupon...

I actually used it. I used it in conjunction with the $50 hard drive deal on another thread. Took 2 80gb's from $100 w/ free shipping to $90

not bad,

T

DVD version in April. But I got the DVD version 2 weeks ago?????Only 29.99 plus $10 rebate making UT2004 $19.99

Originally posted by darktiger
DVD version in April. But I got the DVD version 2 weeks ago?????Only 29.99 plus $10 rebate making UT2004 $19.99
that was the "special edition", with the headset, right? The DVD edition (I can only assume) is the game on DVD, but it's NOT limited quantity, so stores shouldn't run out.

BTW, where is the UPC on the Special Edition? I can't seem to find it ANYWHERE, and ebgames requires it for a $20 in-store coupon.

Originally posted by jagec
BTW, where is the UPC on the Special Edition? I can't seem to find it ANYWHERE, and ebgames requires it for a $20 in-store coupon.

There was a piece of "cardboard" taped to the back of the package, its on that.

The box is in the metal case, which covers over most of the back, so they provided a "copy" of the back over the metal.

ebgames.com has another shipment of ut2k4 se in mid april, i ordered one already

yea, i got burned on this one too. i was so pissed...

No, the reason BB ripped people off is because they KNEW how many copies of ut2k4SE they would be getting, and so they shouldn't have accepted additional pre-orders after that point.

much agreed. i ordered my dvd copy from eb yesterday.

Back