BB Tour 960 won't do ANYTHING.

Mr. Stryker

Supreme [H]ardness
I just got this phone 4 days ago. I love it, it's an upgrade over my Curve that was pretty slow. This thing is fast! However...

I had it completely charged over night and it was working fine. 30 minutes later, I arrive at work and noticed that it had gone from 100% to 15% battery and then a message saying "Battery too low - shutting down device." came up so I was like OK... I was very confused at why the batter was drained so fast. So the device shut down, and I pushed the power button once to see if it was a bug with the battery meter, so it powered on saying "Battery is drained - shutting down device."

OK, so I took the back cover off to take out the battery and examine it. I had thought there might have been a leak or something. Everything looked intact. Put the battery back in, the red LED came on for approximately ~10 seconds, then the white screen with the hourglass in the center came up for another ~10 seconds, then the device shut off after that.

Ever since that happened, the phone refused to power back on. When I plug the charger to it, the red LED came on for ~10 seconds again. It gives me that treatment every time I unplug/plug back in the charger. Right now it's been charged for 7 hours and nothing has improved at all.

Is my new Tour a paperweight now?

Last edited:
If it is don't you have 30 days to return it and get a new one? I had to replace mine within 2 weeks for the trackball issue.

Yeah I could go to the Sprint store... The Blackberry Tour is pretty sensitive to this kinda stuff. I'm just like damn. Gotta wait until tomorrow anyway.

Went back to the store, got a replacement Tour.. worked much better than the first one physically wise, but the OS was unstable. It'd crash if I went to Google on the browser. Fast forward to today, I went back to the store again to get a refund and go back to my Curve. My Curve never crashed for me and was a lot more reliable. If you plan to get a Tour, don't - they're buggy and you're better off waiting for a second or third revision Tour or a Bold 9700.

Just got one today, and have been playing with it all day long. No issues at all.

Back