Battlestar Galactica Complete Series, BD $114, DVD $77 Amazon

dr.quest

Limp Gawd
Just picked up the Blu-ray Battlestar Galactica complete series from Amazon for $113.99 shipped. They also have the DVD version for $76.99.

This is on Gold Box so it won't last long at this price.

Galactica @ Amazon

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
This was a great series up until it got all crazy weird at the end. *sigh*

What was Kara Thrace?

Some sort of force of nature/protector spirit, possibly. That, or her "disappearing" was representative of heroes no longer being real beings, but legends in the eyes of history almost immediately after there time has passed (my personal leaning).

Good deal here.

I thought they made it quite clear what she was. But the ending of the show was a little bit of a letdown. I couldn't imagine a whole civilization agreeing to that.

For anybody who automatically assumes going for the Blu-ray is a no brainer; the amount of film grain applied throughout BSG, even during CGI, is so heavy that it makes telling the high-def and SD versions apart quite a bit more difficult than you would think.

yeah I thought it was pretty clear what she was too. WELL worth this price on the blu-ray. I bought it at $200 and never regretted it.

Do you need to be a huge nerd to appreciate this show? I am anyway but I'm looking for shows to watch with my less nerdy friends.

We just watched Stargate: Universe on Netflix and they all got hooked. (Now there was a bad ending)

LOST was pretty terrible too as far as endings go, agreed.

Seems that the more the writers dig themselves into a hole, the harder it is for them to get out of it. Who would have thought? :rolleyes:

Magius, BSG is quite enjoyable for the non-geeky or nerdy shows. It's far less technical than Star Trek, and far as a sci-fi goes, has much more character and plot development than one might expect. It should not be difficult to introduce the show to the less nerdy folks out there.

Have you seen it?

Back