Battlestar Galactica: Blood and Chrome Debuts on the Internet

The also posted the second episode last night. It took me 2 minutes to feel like I was probably going to like the show. During the 2nd episode I started yelling "SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!"

Are they still emphatically yelling "frack" over and over again which will breed a whole new set of people into saying it in real life?

It's not exactly what we wanted (short episodes vs an actual tv series) but yea, these videos need the views if we have any hopes of getting stuff like it in the future.

Are they still emphatically yelling "frack" over and over again which will breed a whole new set of people into saying it in real life?

Frak ya!

It's not exactly what we wanted (short episodes vs an actual tv series) but yea, these videos need the views if we have any hopes of getting stuff like it in the future.

Sci Fi going to paste them together for a movie later on TV.

love to watch 'em if they weren't 'regionalised'.
content blocking based on where you live gives me the shits.

The space shots look better than the TV show (loved the Basestar over the city shot). Even the Cylons look more "real" than they did in the show (always hated how fake they looked, guys in a costume would have been way better). Script and acting are better than I was expecting. So far I like it. Looking forward to the next part.

The space shots look better than the TV show (loved the Basestar over the city shot). Even the Cylons look more "real" than they did in the show (always hated how fake they looked, guys in a costume would have been way better). Script and acting are better than I was expecting. So far I like it. Looking forward to the next part.

Yeah, agree wholeheartedly.

I'll give it a go, but man the tv series really REALLY went terrible half way through. The plot was written by a stoned 1960s hippie.

I'll give it a go, but man the tv series really REALLY went terrible half way through. The plot was written by a stoned 1960s hippie.

If you are talking about Season 3, just power through that and get to Season 4 (final one).....it gets good again.

This is what syfy should have done after BSG was done instead of Caprica.
Caprica was so slow, wasn't surprised at all that it got canceled.
Also stoked to see Bear McCreary did the music on this too.
Always liked what he did with the series.

If you are talking about Season 3, just power through that and get to Season 4 (final one).....it gets good again.

and then right at the end... TERRIBLE. :p loved the show though, will definitely be watching this with the gf later.

I dont understand though, because I thought the war started on BSG season 1, when they nuke caprica.

I dont understand though, because I thought the war started on BSG season 1, when they nuke caprica.

That was the second cylon war. Started (kinda) when we jumped over the border to their space in a stealth ship and got caught. They came back in force and nuked the shit out of the 12 colonies, even though the only one you really see is Caprica getting blown up.

In Blood and Chrome, that is the first cylon war that happens about 40 years before BSG when Adama was young and a rookie. This is when the cylons first rebelled against the humans and tried to kill us all. In the webisodes the first war had been raging for about 10 years and the original battlestars had just been built to fight in the war.

One this I like about Blood and Chrome, it looks to be much more about the action of the original 1979 BSG and the technology doesn't seem quite as disjointed. I never could figure how a civilization that can move something the size of a battlestar instantaneously through light years of space still had fusion bombs as there most powerful weapons. The technology in the new BSG has always been my biggest gripe.

Oh no...not again! :(

One this I like about Blood and Chrome, it looks to be much more about the action of the original 1979 BSG and the technology doesn't seem quite as disjointed. I never could figure how a civilization that can move something the size of a battlestar instantaneously through light years of space still had fusion bombs as there most powerful weapons. The technology in the new BSG has always been my biggest gripe.

It's because there weren't iPads running Windows, wasn't it?

Digging through the Battlestar Galactica wiki, it seems that the technological understanding for their jump drives was lost after the exodus from Kobol (approx. 2000 years before the Cylon wars) and was rediscovered only a little bit before the formation of the Colonial government. From the sounds of it, it's possible that other technology was "lost" then "found" again.

A somewhat similar issue also exists in the Halo universe (minus the "lost" and "found" part)...ships with slipstream drives yet nukes are their most powerful weapons (but "conventional" ship-to-ship missiles and MAC guns for ships and gunpowder based weapons for personal weapons being the mainstays)...in the 26th century.

Thanks, there were a lot of references to the eons before current day in BSG but it was a bit vague to me. I think one thing the reimaging had going for it is that it actually kept a lot of the backstory for the original series which was pretty good and original stuff even if the show itself was a bit campy and turned in the "Starbuck and Apollo Show."

Thanks for posting this, me and the GF are watching the first two episodes now :D

Thanks for the heads up, I loved BSG(except for season 3 of course ;)), and I was really hoping this would see the light of day.

Well... we could always hope for a Farscape reboot so you can start hearing "frell!" and "dren" instead :p

Thanks a lot. I have needed to sit down an try and get into the TV series again. It didn't click with me the first time because I grew up with the original series. Another case of the older one being better then the remakes, based on nostalgia I guess.

Plus, I didn't appreciate the continued use of the word Frak. Still, as a fan of Babylon 5, Firefly, Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis, and Stargate Universe I am always happy to see a good Sci Fi series pop up.

Already pre-ordered the blu-ray version from Amazon.

I think most of you already know, but just in case someone didn't get the memo: this show is already cancelled. The 2 hour pilot episode is all that will ever exist. We are seeing it cut up into 10 short episodes on the web now; it will be shown in full on SyFy in early 2013.

yeah i was a little disappointed considering the clips in link were 470MB & 380MB respectively.
quality was nice tho.

annoying how the expletives were masked by random background noise.

yeah i was a little disappointed considering the clips in link were 470MB & 380MB respectively.
quality was nice tho.

annoying how the expletives were masked by random background noise.

IIRC, the webbies are censored but the Sci-Fi movie will not.

It doesn't suck from what I can tell. That must be why they put it on Youtube instead of SyFy.

What the Frak? This Felgercarb again? :)

I did really enjoy the 2 episodes out so far. We'll see if the series quality holds up for the duration, but looking damn good from the start.

Back