Battlefront: BUY OR DON'T BUY

Do you recommend Battlefront?

• Yes, buy this game.

Votes: 38 37.6%
  • No, I do not recommend this game.

Votes: 63 62.4%

• Total voters
I dont see the value in spending £60 on a multiplayer only game that will be dead in a year time due to some replacement been released.

if it was 40$ or even 30$ it would be worth it. You would have to really love it though even at price point. on the ps4 the beta let the pistol shoot across the map, so take that into consideration as well.

Its funny to see enough disparity that this warrants a vote. I'm trusting the reviews on this one. Beta bored me and other than Endor I'm seeing nothing to else I want to play. As far as I can tell its same as the other battlefronts weirdly enough. Its just a mess of people shooting at each other and maybe 2-5 actually playing any given map the way its supposed to be played.

Last edited:
buy it, you only live once. its only $60...lol can't believe people make a poll over something that cost $60

I dont see the value in spending £60 on a multiplayer only game that will be dead in a year time due to some replacement been released.

I want to be clear, I wont pay full price for this game. That being said, if you play this game for a year before the next game is released, how many hours did you get out of it? A few hundred for sure. Its 15$ a piece for a hour and a half movie ticket here. So, I think you are getting your monies worth for a year. Still, I would rather pay 60 bucks and get all DLC and patches free. But DLC fees are a whole additional topic.

So why use us who bought the game as bait, in order to see if you will spend $60 wisely or not?
:p

I'm not going to lie, this game needs a lot more to stay popular, but it is an absolute blast if you play with your buddies.

:The real question should be, "Regardless of cost, how many of you would pick it up and play it(At least ONCE), if your buddy had it on while you were at his/her house?"

End

Yes, great game.

battlefront_xboxbox.jpg

buy it, you only live once. its only $60...lol can't believe people make a poll over something that cost $60

Lol this is the pc gaming sub forum. Did you think people were gonna actually pay full price for a game? You must be new round these parts. ;)

If you love multiplayer shooters, then yes. Game is a blast, especially with friends.

I played the beta (but do NOT have retail), and from what I'm reading and seeing... almost nothing has changed with the retail release.

Are the sounds and visuals stunning? Absolutely. Is it fun? Sure, it can be. Does the game require any type of skill, integrate any level of complexity, or create any type of lasting mechanics to keep bringing you back? Not at all.

I've heard many casual gamers love it because they can just hop in and blow away some Rebel scum. And, lets face it... its Star Wars. But beyond that the game offers very little.

I'd wait, it'll probably be half price during Black Friday or in a Christmas sale. Just wait a month.

At $45+? No. Less than that, and if you're a big Star Wars fan, I say yes. Everyone has been beating the "there's no complexity" dead horse but ultimately it's still a fun game. It just would have been so much better with a little more depth along the lines of BF4, like unlockable camo, appearance stuff like armor sets, gun attachments, etc. There also aren't enough maps, and the ones we have (other than Endor) are pretty bland.

I'm holding out hope that the DLCs will add some of the stuff that feels missing. They could potentially turn the whole thing around if they listen to the community, like space battles, a Death Star map, etc.

No, I played the BETA and hated it. Sure, the graphics looked good and ran quite well even at 4K maxed out on a single GTX 980Ti but overall the gameplay was dull and generic, what I expected from DICE these days and the game itself got quite boring and fast. I wouldn't want to pay full price for this game.

its a Battlefield 4 DCL that costs 60 bucks and another 60 for all the upgrade mods. lol.

Imagine if Battlefield 4 and Titanfall got drunk and had sex... this is what would pop out.

It looks great, sounds great, but it's boring after a while, no real strategy. Huge balance issues in the beta. Star Wars fans will see the pretty graphics and drop $100 without thinking on the "full" game. Timing of it's release is a bit funny too, everyone is going bathshit for the new star wars due out in a month and think nothing of coughing up more money for is just yet another reskin of BF4.

Imagine if Battlefield 4 and Titanfall got drunk and had sex... this is what would pop out.

It looks great, sounds great, but it's boring after a while, no real strategy. Huge balance issues in the beta. Star Wars fans will see the pretty graphics and drop $100 without thinking on the "full" game. Timing of it's release is a bit funny too, everyone is going bathshit for the new star wars due out in a month and think nothing of coughing up more money for is just yet another reskin of BF4.

Balance issues in the beta are irrelevant now. And duh, it's called a BETA.

Last edited:
I won't be buying it 'cause I still refuse to buy anything on Origin. Until it comes to Steam I won't be playing it... so probably never.

I used the game from a friend of mine and tried the multiplayer. Seems like a big rehash of BF4 with a Star Wars skin. Fun game, but will wait until it is $20 next year to play it fully.

I played Overwatch beta for 4 hours last night. Played the Battlefront beta for 30 minutes.

Bought the game through origin on release day. I have to say the game is amazing with its graphics and overall game play style. Its easy and fun. However it's not worth $60. Like what most people said before it lacks depth. The game feels like it doesn't have enough content to justify its price. Having only 4 maps, non-customizable weapons, small number of vehicles, and no class characters makes the game unfulfilling. I would say the game is worth maybe $40 max. And also I returned the game due to its lack of content. I hate when game developers release an unfinished game only to be finished through dlc. So in order to get the Battlefront experience is to buy the season passes. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OT7eHT9yuGE

What hurts this game a lot is the lack of proper squad implementation and voice comm. Every battle is disjointed and it's basically a free for all. They also rewarded those that spent extra money on the game by giving them the OP DL-44 gun right off the bat while everyone else has to grind to level 25 to get it. The game is okay for SW fans but overall it lacks staying power due to so many built in flaws and shortcomings. I think Battlefield 4 is a much more solid and fleshed out game if you want to play a shooter.

Well for us console players, joining with friends is a breeze and definitely makes the game far more enjoyable. The PS4 party chat system works flawlessly in terms of communicating with friends.

What are the options for PC players? Ventrillo or TS only?

Well for us console players, joining with friends is a breeze and definitely makes the game far more enjoyable. The PS4 party chat system works flawlessly in terms of communicating with friends.

What are the options for PC players? Ventrillo or TS only?

Yeah you have to host your own TS or ventrillo server if you want voice communication. You also need a group of friends on the PC that would even want to play this game as a group. The 3-4 friends I had that started out so hyped for this game went back to CS:Go after a few days. :rolleyes: The fact that you said it works so well on the console just reinforces the fact that this is a console game first and foremost and the PC is an afterthought sadly. I spent $48 on this game and I think that was too much money for what this game is on the PC and should be priced somewhere around the $35 range. Hell I could even see this game being F2P with microtransactions for better skins/weapons/maps, that would probably have been a better sales model.

Lol this is the pc gaming sub forum. Did you think people were gonna actually pay full price for a game? You must be new round these parts. ;)

no i'm not new, but if i really want to buy something that i can afford, i just buy it.

Nope.

I refuse to jump on the Star Wars bandwagon, even more so with something that has EA Games written on it.

Nope.

I refuse to jump on the Star Wars bandwagon, even more so with something that has EA Games written on it.

Can you explain what you mean by "the Star Wars bandwagon?" Are you saying that you don't like Star Wars so you're not interested, or you don't like it because it's so popular?

Nope.

This speaks of nothing but stubbornness lol

Reminds of me of my ex.

"I refuse to watch ANYTHING with Christian Bale!"

"Why?????"

"Just because!"

/facepalm

Random spawns, bad balance and horrible map design. If you want pretty pew pew with chaotic chicken with its head cut off gameplay.....go for it.

It is not a competent fps. Just a pretty vacant.

Last edited:
Nope.

Can you explain what you mean by "the Star Wars bandwagon?" Are you saying that you don't like Star Wars so you're not interested, or you don't like it because it's so popular?

I wonder this too. That was me in elementary school--all the kids loved Star Wars and I hated it because everyone hated it. Fast forward to high school and I decided to stop being a bitch and watch them. Ended up watching all six movies in one day with my friend, and have loved it ever since. Played swg, kotor, swtor, all Battlefronts. So when they announced this one was coming out I was fucking excited--between trying the beta and learning they aren't doing a campaign mode, all excitement was lost. :(

This speaks of nothing but stubbornness lol

Reminds of me of my ex.

"I refuse to watch ANYTHING with Christian Bale!"

"Why?????"

"Just because!"

/facepalm

I feel your pain.

I wonder this too. That was me in elementary school--all the kids loved Star Wars and I hated it because everyone hated it. Fast forward to high school and I decided to stop being a bitch and watch them. Ended up watching all six movies in one day with my friend, and have loved it ever since. Played swg, kotor, swtor, all Battlefronts. So when they announced this one was coming out I was fucking excited--between trying the beta and learning they aren't doing a campaign mode, all excitement was lost. :(

Oh don't get me wrong, I am a bit partial to Star Wars (Gene Roddenberry had a far greater vision with Star Trek imo.)

I'm just pacing myself, we all know that the world is going to explode this Christmas with Star Wars EVERYTHING. Star Wars for me isn't the problem. Its EA really. Haven't liked them since they shut down so many other companies. Their like the Walmart of the video game industry. I cannot stand their nickle and dime business model, with games that are purposely unfinished at launch just to squeeze more dollars out of a title. Yeah, its Capitalism at its finest. But I don't have to support or like it.

- On a side note, KOTOR was awesome!

Back