Battlefield V's battle royale Firestorm is now live

Armenius

Extremely [H]
The long-awaited Battle Royale mode for Battlefield V went live this morning on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. To differentiate itself from other Battle Royale games on the market, Battlefield V has players complete radiant objectives throughout the game in order to gain access to the best vehicles and gear. Players can also gain an advantage on the battlefield through reinforcements accessible through the rarest loot. There are 17 vehicles available in the game's mode at launch, and they all require fuel. The game mode features solo and squad play, but duos are to be added in the future.

Battlefield V's battle royale mode dubbed Firestorm is now live on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. To celebrate the launch, EA have shared a complete overview of vehicles, objectives and features that are included in the new mode.

Four months after the release of Battlefield V, EA and DICE have finally added the long-awaited battle royale mode dubbed Firestorm. To celebrate the launch, the publisher released a detailed overview of the new features so you don't get smoked the second you drop into the battle royale arena.

upload_2019-3-25_8-46-43.png

I canceled my EA Access, and still have a a couple weeks left, so I'll be trying this out. I'm curious to see what there take on battle royale is.

I need to try this but im kinda over whelmed star citizen new ptu, the divsion 2, and apex there is only so many hours in a day to play games ....

Only played a few times before work today, but it seems like it will be a lot of fun! Kind of like a choose your own adventure if you play Solo.

I watched a few streams last night. It looks like a decent amount of fun but the UI and looting need some work IMO. When you kill someone all of their stuff just falls in a pile on the ground and sorting through it to see what they had is a major pain.

Is Battle Royale really that popular? Seems the game studios think so.

When you kill someone all of their stuff just falls in a pile on the ground and sorting through it to see what they had is a major pain.
That's every Battle Royale game.

Last edited:
Congratulations dice, you've given me two unfinished games for the price of one. Colour me impressed.

Reactions: drklu
like this
Can you play it solo or is it going to put you in a squad like apex ?

They have solo.
I find the inventory system clunky. Looting is a little odd. I'm just not that interested, but playing with friends is a little better.

That's every Battle Royale game.
No this is different. I don't think I worded it well in my post. The loot literally drops in a pile with things over lapping that you have to get your cursor in just the right spot to see what everything is. There isn't a crate like most games that you look at and and get a list of what the person had. The loot just falls in a big pile on their corpse.

Last edited:
No this is different. I don't think I worded it well in my post. The loot literally drops in a pile with things over lapping that you have to get your cursor in just the right spot to see what everything is. There isn't a crate like most games that you look and and get a list a what the person had. The loot just falls in a big pile on their corpse.

Well, the game already has skill tree systems, this is just another ARPG loot explosion feature haha.

It's Generation Z's "Call of Duty." I don't get the allure of it, myself. I was never a fan of last man standing game types going back 25 years.
My problem with Battle Royale games is that
1) Takes forever to see any action
2) I suck so I die within seconds of being spotted by an adversarial squad

I used to feel the same about big battlefield maps in Battlefield 2. I am just surprised that it is popular among the COD crowd because COD is all about instant action. I spawn and run into a gun fight within 10 seconds. I usually die of course but I find it fun and it is the appeal of the game.

This. Gives me a very unrewarded feeling. So I stop playing it.

I went back to regular Conquest / Frontlines mode.

I used to feel the same about big battlefield maps in Battlefield 2. I am just surprised that it is popular among the COD crowd because COD is all about instant action. I spawn and run into a gun fight within 10 seconds. I usually die of course but I find it fun and it is the appeal of the game.

I agree I never thought this type of gamemode would survive in a 'instant gratification' group of gamers. Long matches with sneaking certainly is a big shift from doom, quake and call of duty run around with the trigger pulled gaming.

Do you have to buy any DLC for this? I was considering trying the standard edition since I used to love Battlefield 1942, but I'm not sure what's what here.

Do you have to buy any DLC for this? I was considering trying the standard edition since I used to love Battlefield 1942, but I'm not sure what's what here.
All content for BFV is free. They moved to your standard microtransaction model with cosmetics to generate revenue.

We should all rally against the Battle Royale uprising and dust off our Tribes 2 cd's....

Back