Battlefield V's battle royale Firestorm is now live

Discussion in 'HardForum Tech News' started by Armenius, Mar 25, 2019.

1. Armenius

Armenius I Drive Myself to the [H]ospital

The long-awaited Battle Royale mode for Battlefield V went live this morning on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. To differentiate itself from other Battle Royale games on the market, Battlefield V has players complete radiant objectives throughout the game in order to gain access to the best vehicles and gear. Players can also gain an advantage on the battlefield through reinforcements accessible through the rarest loot. There are 17 vehicles available in the game's mode at launch, and they all require fuel. The game mode features solo and squad play, but duos are to be added in the future.

Battlefield V's battle royale mode dubbed Firestorm is now live on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. To celebrate the launch, EA have shared a complete overview of vehicles, objectives and features that are included in the new mode.

Four months after the release of Battlefield V, EA and DICE have finally added the long-awaited battle royale mode dubbed Firestorm. To celebrate the launch, the publisher released a detailed overview of the new features so you don't get smoked the second you drop into the battle royale arena.

upload_2019-3-25_8-46-43.png

ricson, Joust, FrgMstr and 2 others like this.
  2. THUMPer

THUMPer 2[H]4U

I canceled my EA Access, and still have a a couple weeks left, so I'll be trying this out. I'm curious to see what there take on battle royale is.

Armenius likes this.
  3. Comixbooks

Comixbooks Ignore Me

I just picked up Battlefield V three weeks ago I'll try this.

4. chaos4u

chaos4u Limp Gawd

I need to try this but im kinda over whelmed star citizen new ptu, the divsion 2, and apex there is only so many hours in a day to play games ....

LostMF1 likes this.
  5. Krenum

Krenum [H]ardForum Junkie

Only played a few times before work today, but it seems like it will be a lot of fun! Kind of like a choose your own adventure if you play Solo.

Armenius likes this.
  6. MrWrong

MrWrong [H]ard|Gawd

I watched a few streams last night. It looks like a decent amount of fun but the UI and looting need some work IMO. When you kill someone all of their stuff just falls in a pile on the ground and sorting through it to see what they had is a major pain.

7. Staples

Staples [H]ardness Supreme

Is Battle Royale really that popular? Seems the game studios think so.

Armenius likes this.
  8. odditory

odditory [H]ardness Supreme

That's every Battle Royale game.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
  9. Armenius

It's Generation Z's "Call of Duty." I don't get the allure of it, myself. I was never a fan of last man standing game types going back 25 years.

10. travm

travm Limp Gawd

Congratulations dice, you've given me two unfinished games for the price of one. Colour me impressed.

drklu likes this.
  11. Dahkoht

Dahkoht Limp Gawd

Can you play it solo or is it going to put you in a squad like apex ?

12. THUMPer

THUMPer 2[H]4U

They have solo.
    I find the inventory system clunky. Looting is a little odd. I'm just not that interested, but playing with friends is a little better.

13. Krenum

What on earth are you buying unfinished games for? :wacky:

14. MrWrong

MrWrong [H]ard|Gawd

No this is different. I don't think I worded it well in my post. The loot literally drops in a pile with things over lapping that you have to get your cursor in just the right spot to see what everything is. There isn't a crate like most games that you look at and and get a list of what the person had. The loot just falls in a big pile on their corpse.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
    Armenius likes this.
  15. Krenum

Well, the game already has skill tree systems, this is just another ARPG loot explosion feature haha.

16. Staples

Staples [H]ardness Supreme

My problem with Battle Royale games is that
    1) Takes forever to see any action
    2) I suck so I die within seconds of being spotted by an adversarial squad

I used to feel the same about big battlefield maps in Battlefield 2. I am just surprised that it is popular among the COD crowd because COD is all about instant action. I spawn and run into a gun fight within 10 seconds. I usually die of course but I find it fun and it is the appeal of the game.

Armenius likes this.
  17. Krenum

This. Gives me a very unrewarded feeling. So I stop playing it.

I went back to regular Conquest / Frontlines mode.

Armenius likes this.
  18. Darunion

Darunion 2[H]4U

I agree I never thought this type of gamemode would survive in a 'instant gratification' group of gamers. Long matches with sneaking certainly is a big shift from doom, quake and call of duty run around with the trigger pulled gaming.

Armenius likes this.
  19. Mode13

Mode13 Gawd

Do you have to buy any DLC for this? I was considering trying the standard edition since I used to love Battlefield 1942, but I'm not sure what's what here.

20. Armenius

All content for BFV is free. They moved to your standard microtransaction model with cosmetics to generate revenue.

Mode13 likes this.
  21. Burticus

Burticus [H]ardness Supreme

We should all rally against the Battle Royale uprising and dust off our Tribes 2 cd's....