Battlefield Vietnam

mossman

Gawd
What's the deal with this game?

Good graphics but crappy game play? Is it worth buying? I have not played it but have heard that it is worth staying up to 4am to play. :D What do you think?

It's ok, once you get over the Graphics issues (the graphics are good, but if you have ATI you need to turn off AA/AF or else it's pretty shitty)

THe gameplay is pretty cool too, some annoying balance issues but overall pretty decent.

If you liked BF1942 and DC, you will enjoy this game tremendously...

Once you get the hang of the choppers, though, you won't want to play on any map without one...:D

Yeah, balance issues present- most obvious is the M60 on the US side..

Originally posted by kennyfett
If you liked BF1942 and DC, you will enjoy this game tremendously...

Once you get the hang of the choppers, though, you won't want to play on any map without one...:D

Yeah, balance issues present- most obvious is the M60 on the US side..

Yeah, the choppers in this are very n00b friendly :D

I can fly DC choppers with my eyes closed...

When I first got into a chopper in BF:V... "Lawn dart ahoy!"
I'm really not used to it...

I find myself playing online as Charlie, just cuz I like the challenge of going up against all the M60 losers.

You'd be surprised to find that a LOT of people still can't fly helo's in BFV...

But I've become quite the God of Thunder lately...;)

i personally like BFV's chopper control scheme better... yes, i played DC, and yes i can move around in those choppers, but i like BFV's control scheme better, it's a little more lenient, and i don;t end up plummetting upside down towards the ground as often. ;)

plus (pay attention here) the airlifting system OWNS. mashing around a chopper with a tank swinging around under you cannot be fully described... it just has to be experienced.

Back