Battlefield Vietnam GONE GOLD

NICE. NICE. NICE. NICE. NICE. NICE. NICE. NICE. NICE. NICE.

-warsaw

First of all, that is awsome news.

Second...what does "going gold" mean?

Originally posted by BgArt5
First of all, that is awsome news.

Second...what does "going gold" mean?

Means the master CD is sent off to the copiers basically ( IIRC )

Damnit I bought BF1942 in September and haven't played it all that much haha...

Bleh... I don't feeling like spending $60 right now...

Yeah, the gold copy is the copy they use to print all the other copies from.

Will there be a DVD version? :) I can't wait to build a new PC, so that my library of games will increase :(

Whooo Hooooo

See you people in the jungle. :)

If this is as good or better than EOD then kick ass.

I can not wait, but I need a demo first, so see if the game is what I hope it to be.
And I sure hope they fixed the client/server netcode, if so, I might just have to buy it.

yay... let's hope the hit boxes and net code are better, although i doubt it.

a bit OT... what the hell happened to gonegold.com? what's up with rich? he barely updates nowadays. that and the site isn't updated often, either. i hope his health hasn't deteriorated much.

Glad to know they are going to make the deadline. I have it preordered along with UT2004. They should both come about the same time.

Nice, I preorded mine at Gamestop and my DSL 1.5/896 connection is coming next week, WOOT!!

No, this is not a DVD version, so expect 2-3 discs.

Originally posted by Icewindius
Nice, I preorded mine at Gamestop and my DSL 1.5/896 connection is coming next week, WOOT!!

No, this is not a DVD version, so expect 2-3 discs.

Good, that means I can hold out on getting a DVD rom for longer :D

Originally posted by Icewindius
Not so hasty, UT2k4, Far Cry and Pain Killer are coming out on DVD only, so keep that in mind.

Since when? :rolleyes:

ut2k4 is cd and dvd, so youre way off bud

to the person that mentioned eod, gameplay has improved, with the exception of airplanes/choppers

airplanes are HORRIBLE to fly now, too arcadish, ppl can actually shoot me down now :(
as for choppers, very unrealistic, you can do looptiloops with them now, since when can a chopper from 1965 devy gravity like that? we're not talking apaches here.

Originally posted by dss64662
a bit OT... what the hell happened to gonegold.com? what's up with rich? he barely updates nowadays. that and the site isn't updated often, either. i hope his health hasn't deteriorated much.

His health hasn't been good at all, but I thought as of the first of this year he was going to be back. He did a stretch where he was doing posts frequently and was working on the Gold List, but I haven't seen him in a while. I only imagine that there is some bad news behind his absence.

A new house and BF Vietnam do not go well together. :(

House = much work to do ... BF Vietnam = sitting on my ass for hours on end into the wee hours fulfilling my addiction. :D
I absolutely cannot wait for this game in spite of it all!

Far Cry is DVD only though.

So just go out and buy a $40 Liteon DVD drive for the love of god.

No it isn't.

Farcry is being released dvd only in Europe.

In the US it will be only on Cds though.

Originally posted by Stiler
No it isn't.

Farcry is being released dvd only in Europe.

In the US it will be only on Cds though.

That sucks. At least Epic is giving people a choice of what medium they want to buy.

Anyway, I hope BFV is going to be good. I really hate EA's track record with being active in the games they release. Usually you have to wait for an expansion to get any signifigant patch.

Originally posted by DevilMan
That sucks. At least Epic is giving people a choice of what medium they want to buy.

Anyway, I hope BFV is going to be good. I really hate EA's track record with being active in the games they release. Usually you have to wait for an expansion to get any signifigant patch.

you still have a choice, there are shops online where you can buy games sold in europe.

BFV = All production grinds to a hault.

BTW about that comment on how choppers can do loop de loops and planes are "arcadey".

BF1942 and DC are fictional accounts of battles fought throughout the different theatres of war. All these damn people compare hit boxes and realism to CS too much.

It's a completely different game.

I'll go back to climbing the top 1000 players on BFtracks.com in the United States thank you.

See you in the jungles mofos!

Psyko M.

the helicopters are supposed to handle very well, people are asking if they will handle like DC helicopters (b/c that seems perfect right now) and they said they will handle better, I think they will be similar (so that you dont have to totally relearn how to fly helicopters) but you will be albe to do more IE: hover in one place more easily, landing may be a tad easiler etc... In DC they did a great job on helicopter control, but I think theyll do a good job

If anybody has played the 1.6 expansion map for Secret Weapons, there is a German hop-lite you can fly. It's VERY similar to the choppers in DC.

I think DC got it down pat. I'm sure Digital Illusions shared a couple notes about helo flying.

Psyko M.

Back