Battlefield 2042

Battlefield Vietnam was fun! In part because you could go full-on Apocalypse Now and blast "Ride of the Valkyries" from your helicopter. Or "Fortunate Son" from your Jeep.

Vietnam is probably the one I remember most fondly. I came into the series late into 1942s life, so it was the first battlefield I got at launch. I played the hell out of it. Flying around while blasting Vietnam era rock just felt so fucking cool.

Likewise I really liked the Vietnam expansion for Bad Company 2 (i far preferred to the base game, actually). I would absolutely not turn my nose up at another Vietnam ers game.

That all said, I'm also totally fine with a modern day game. What I don't want is something set in the future. 2142 is the only game in the entire series I did not care for.

Reactions: DPI
like this
I dont understand why theres severe weather events. how many wars have there been during a tornado? I guess they were like well, the engine can do it I guess we'll put them in.

7-8 Osprey's per map? I am hoping there are more types and each side gets a unique model like in BF3/4. I do want a lot of vehicles but 7-8 of one type of transport helicopters seems almost too much. In BF4 you had attack, recon and transport. I am hoping they have that diversity again. Of course this is all unofficial leaked stuff and it could be wrong.

I'm okay with a bit more weapon customization, I just hope it doesn't go insane. BF4 was pretty much perfect. I'd prefer if they kept proper weapon models with customization like BF4 rather than the kit-bash system of CoD MW2019.

I hope BF6 doesn't cop anything from CoD, those games blow. Call of Duty is the worst game series ever.

Battlefield Vietnam was fun! In part because you could go full-on Apocalypse Now and blast "Ride of the Valkyries" from your helicopter. Or "Fortunate Son" from your Jeep.

I loved the radio feature I'm BFV. I'm one of the few people that liked BFV all the way, iirc.
Our old clan got our asses handled to us by Bucktoof back in the day at one of the MillionManLAN events in Louisville. Good times.

CoD is for n00bs that can't handle getting killed by tanks, planes, boats, helicopters, jeeps, IFVs, mortars, bombers and drones ;)

Did I miss anything? LOL
I dont love CoD though Warzone can be fun. However Battlefield since 2 has been very similar to CoD in flow and play so they both are crappy at the moment.

7-8 Osprey's per map? I am hoping there are more types and each side gets a unique model like in BF3/4.
I don't get out of bed for less than 48 ospreys per map. 24v24 Osprey Rush or no buy

1620031636981.png

Last edited:
CoD is for n00bs that can't handle getting killed by tanks, planes, boats, helicopters, jeeps, IFVs, mortars, bombers and drones ;)

Did I miss anything? LOL
Yes you forgot sticking a laser tracking dart into an enemy's back as you sneak by him, and then multiple anti-air missiles are fired and a 5000lb bomb is dropped from the sky, all with a lock on that tracking dart. But then a moment before impact a jeep runs him over.

You see Battlefield dispenses with the cat and mouse games, the hide-and-seek fun in a CoD mall map or playground. Battlefield's about overkill and annihilation, but also feeling sickened it has to be fought that way - it's him, or it's you.

Last edited:
I still remember the first time taking off on Wake Island in 1942.

As do I! What a great memory and experience that game was.
Makes me wonder what DICE would be doing if EA hadn't bought them due to their amazing work on the DC mod.

As do I! What a great memory and experience that game was.
Makes me wonder what DICE would be doing if EA hadn't bought them due to their amazing work on the DC mod.

The DC mod had nothing to do with DICE, that was Trauma Studios which was bought out by DICE in 2004 to assist with BF2 and became DICE New York.

The DC mod had nothing to do with DICE, that was Trauma Studios which was bought out by DICE in 2004 to assist with BF2 and became DICE New York.

Ahh, yes. I didn't go Google it like you did. Was just trying to pull from memory.

I still remember the first time taking off on Wake Island in 1942.
I didn't like 1942 that much. Maps were huge and took forever to get to the other side of the maps because vehicles were so slow.

But then... came the DESERT COMBAT mod which was awesome AF with its modern weapons and vehicles. Especially when it was released during the second war in Iraq, 2003 IIRC. I don't think there would be a BF3 without the DESERT COMBAT mod.

I played the shit out of Desert combat. I remember there was a similar mod to BF2 but the name escapes me. I still have the controller I used for flying and wont get rid of it from nostalgia.

Remember the desert combat map where you had all the planes and you had to take out the enemy hangers?

I think Battlefield peaked with Desert Combat or BF2 personally.

I played the shit out of Desert combat. I remember there was a similar mod to BF2 but the name escapes me. I still have the controller I used for flying and wont get rid of it from nostalgia.

are you thinking of Project Reality?

and the people that made project reality went on to make squad.
And Squad, while reasonably well received, was said to have suffered delays because the project leads were apparently secretly producing their real passion project late at night while everyone slept: the genre-redefining Barbie & Her Sisters: Puppy Rescue, which most will remember for being snubbed at the Tokyo Game Awards in 2015 despite the strong SLI support, voice talents of Fran Drescher and new motion capture techniques that dragged the entire industry forward with it into the future.

And it sickens me to think this could've been project-merged with Squad as the 200 player Battle Royale to end them all, to send Fortnite shuffling down the hall like it was looking for toilet paper.

1620462349438.png

Last edited:
And Squad, while reasonably well received, was said to have suffered delays because the project leads were apparently secretly producing their real passion project late at night while everyone slept: the genre-redefining Barbie & Her Sisters: Puppy Rescue, which most will remember for being snubbed at the Tokyo Game Awards in 2015 despite the strong SLI support, voice talents of Fran Drescher and new motion capture techniques that dragged the entire industry forward with it into the future.

And it sickens me to think this could've been project-merged with Squad as the 200 player Battle Royale to end them all, to send Fortnite shuffling down the hall like it was looking for toilet paper.

View attachment 354333
OMG, I remember that game! It was such a missed opportunity indeed.

I loved 3, 4 was tolerable. Losing the "main base" really sucked.

I've completely enjoyed 4. I'm pretty terrible at it, but I love playing. Seems a I've gotten worse over the years, but I think it's actually due to more aimbots.

I've completely enjoyed 4. I'm pretty terrible at it, but I love playing. Seems a I've gotten worse over the years, but I think it's actually due to more aimbots.

I experienced very rare hacking in BF4, probably once or twice IIRC. I did see some more memorable hacking in BF3 though but still rare when compared to other games I played, namely during the old Counter-Strike days.

Last edited:
Back