Battlefield 2042

How? It played great on PC

Inaccurate weapons - the mark of a game designed for consoles first (thumb sticks aren't very accurate compared to mouse/keyboard).
No prone.
No bipods.
Smaller maps.
Less vehicle focused.
More funneled map design.
Simplified server settings.
No commander.

And more. I liked the game too, but would hate to see it go back to that.

Sounds to me like people want a combat simulator or something along the lines of ARMA. That's boring to me. Battlefield never was even close to a simulator. BC2 was a ton of fun and what a video game should be. Fun.

Never had problems with weapon accuracy with BC2 on PC. If you had it for the console, you had it for the wrong platform.

Sounds to me like people want a combat simulator or something along the lines of ARMA. That's boring to me. Battlefield never was even close to a simulator. BC2 was a ton of fun and what a video game should be. Fun.

Never had problems with weapon accuracy with BC2 on PC. If you had it for the console, you had it for the wrong platform.
You both are right. I mean BC2 moved BF away from what a lot of people played it for. big maps, large player count. I think BC2 was capped at 32 players. that half of what BF 1942 had. it moved the series into a game that consoles could run. theres no denying that. BC2 was still a fun game though.

Meh, I think the game was good for what it was. It blatantly favored Rush, which clearly impacted the overall design.

Plus I don't think 64 player Battlefield is particularly good. The gameplay turns more into a clusterfuck than anything and you and your squad's performance begins blending into the average. Everything is just that much more mindless instead of meaningful and it's more of a gimmick than actually benefiting gameplay.

I think BF5 was far more subpar of a Battlefield experience.

EA definitely needs to listen to their playerbase on this one, the players have been asking for something else than what theyre developing.

I agree with this.

I got an order of magnitude more fun out of BF3/4 than I did 1 or 5. Something's missing and I hope they get it back.

Also please just give me 2143 already.

problem is it won't be like 1942/bf2/2142. 2142 was the best one, it was extremely well balanced, commander was there, titans moving around, was awesome. My wife almost divorced me over 2142 because I was so obsessed with playing. Hell, I was so active with 2142, EA made me a forum moderator.

I played most of the battlefields except for 2142. Peak Battlefield for me was the end of BC2 and the start of BF3. BC2 played similar to BF3 but it had more destructible items and I felt the kit loadouts were better. There was one map with a capture point on a hill that on increased ticket servers would be completely destroyed by the end, no cover in site. BF4 was fine but for some reason I didn't play it much.

problem is it won't be like 1942/bf2/2142. 2142 was the best one, it was extremely well balanced, commander was there, titans moving around, was awesome. My wife almost divorced me over 2142 because I was so obsessed with playing. Hell, I was so active with 2142, EA made me a forum moderator.

BF2142 definitely had great balance.

I think it's because there was so much creative freedom, they could more easily bend things to be fun and balanced instead of being beholden to IRL logic.

Plus killing someone by landing one of those ejection pods on them was the best

I played most of the battlefields except for 2142. Peak Battlefield for me was the end of BC2 and the start of BF3. BC2 played similar to BF3 but it had more destructible items and I felt the kit loadouts were better. There was one map with a capture point on a hill that on increased ticket servers would be completely destroyed by the end, no cover in site. BF4 was fine but for some reason I didn't play it much.
I couldn't get into bf4 either, I don't know why. I put so many hours into BF3. maybe I was tired of the modern setting.

I couldn't get into bf4 either, I don't know why. I put so many hours into BF3. maybe I was tired of the modern setting.
Same here. I didn't play much of 4 but spent quite some time in 3. Good SP story though. Hardline was a hoot. BF 1is good too(Maybe my favorite of the 3). Maybe 6 will combine some of 3and 1 and maybe a bit of hardline for the vehicles.

Reactions: Gabe3
like this

BF3/4 blew BC2 out of the water, in every way.

BC2 was always a console first game. It was a good one, but a proper PC shooter is always superior.

BF3/4 blew BC2 out of the water, in every way.

BC2 was always a console first game. It was a good one, but a proper PC shooter is always superior.
Honestly, if I had never learned BC2 was on console, I would have never known from playing it on PC that it was. At the time I thought the destructible environments were incredible and the controls for the PC were pretty tight. I think I played BF4 once or twice. Wasn't as impressed, seemed more like Counterstrike with pretty graphics.

Honestly, if I had never learned BC2 was on console, I would have never known from playing it on PC that it was. At the time I thought the destructible environments were incredible and the controls for the PC were pretty tight. I think I played BF4 once or twice. Wasn't as impressed, seemed more like Counterstrike with pretty graphics.

Neither are similar to CS, but BC2 is closer to CS that BF3/4 are. Both lack prone, have inaccurate weapons, smaller maps, smaller player counts, BC2 less vehicle emphasis, ect.

BC2 is still very different from CS (have you ever played CS or BF3/4?), but is closer in every possible feature.

On BC2 you were lucky to get maps with 3 tanks. Many typically had 2 per map. The vehicular gameplay played a much smaller role. If you liked BC2, BF1 is probably something you'd like. To a lesser extend, BF5. Both were scaled back and more infantry focused like BC2. Maps were smaller are more funneled. Kind of an inbetween of BC2 and BF3/4. I didn't like BF1 or 5. Have around 30 hours in BF5.

Neither are similar to CS, but BC2 is closer to CS that BF3/4 are. Both lack prone, have inaccurate weapons, smaller maps, smaller player counts, BC2 less vehicle emphasis, ect.

BC2 is still very different from CS (have you ever played CS or BF3/4?), but is closer in every possible feature.

On BC2 you were lucky to get maps with 3 tanks. Many typically had 2 per map. The vehicular gameplay played a much smaller role. If you liked BC2, BF1 is probably something you'd like. To a lesser extend, BF5. Both were scaled back and more infantry focused like BC2. Maps were smaller are more funneled. Kind of an inbetween of BC2 and BF3/4. I didn't like BF1 or 5. Have around 30 hours in BF5.
Yes, I've played Counter-Strike, a few times :angelic: when it came out in 1999. Never played BF1 (the WW1) game. I guess I liked BC2 so much because it came out at the right time, a lot of my friends played it at the time.

Yes, I've played Counter-Strike, a few times :angelic: when it came out in 1999. Never played BF1 (the WW1) game. I guess I liked BC2 so much because it came out at the right time, a lot of my friends played it at the time.

For its time BC2 was great. BF1 is an inbetween, but I really didn't like that game. BF5 is better, but still too similar to BF1. I just couldn't care at all about the direction it went in. Graphics are great, I just couldn't get into it.

It's weird to say this considering some of the stuff I've been lucky enough to experience in my life... but some of the most fun I've ever had was playing 2142. Easily put over 10,000 hours into it before it went down. Maxed out 5 different characters, e-sports 8v8 titan, etc.

It was the perfect first person shooter. Every class has a purpose and its own strengths, every map was well designed, and the team play was second to none. Unfortunately, the people that made that game no longer work on Battlefield games apparently. Zero hope of anything close to 2142 ever being made again. Sad really, I'd pay $500 for a copy of it remade exactly the same but with updated graphics.

IMO this game died when they stopped allowing dedicated servers. How the hell do you expect people have a community?.....I still have quite a few friends who play BF4 because of that.

I will look forward to seeing how it is.
This. Bringing back private servers could single-handedly restore the BF series IMHO....6 mths after initial launch once all the patches are released lol!

BF4 was a turd when it launched. People forgot it took almost a year of patching to get right. I came back when they did all the patching and it was a lot more fun. Didn't realize BC2 was for the consoles, just loved the story and most fun I had gameplay wise other than the original 1942. 42, wow so much fun getting squad sitting on bomber wings and jumping off on to CP. lol good times.

I never ran into the supposed crashing issues the brigades loved to talk about... I had a blast from launch day onward.
This. The bugs, glitches, nerfs, buffs, changes - especially right at launch - are actually the best time for new BF games in my experience. It's wild west. If you played every day, the bugs would just blur and fade into the background, you rose above them and they actually became an advantage for knowing them. And some glitches were just outright fun exploiting until they were patched or nerfed.

When people say "remember it took a year for shitty DICE to fix it and make it playable", all they're doing is telegraphing their lack of proficiency and ingame hours (a.k.a. filthy casuals).

Surfing the edge of the meta - learning, adapting, dominating the map and occasionally feeling unkillable - was glorious. Some of my best BF moments.

Last edited:
This. The bugs, glitches, nerfs, buffs, changes - particularly early on - are actually the best part of new BF games, in my experience. The wild west. When you play every day, all that stuff becomes an advantage, or it's just outright fun as hell exploiting glitches or bugs before they're patched or nerfed.

MAV riding was the best glitch evar, lol!

It's a bad time to be releasing a hardware ambitious game when no one can buy the new cards

I doubt EA cares. Frostbite is, in my experience, one of the more forgiving engines anyway. I'm always impressed with how good it looks in relation to performance.

More importantly (to EA), as long as they get a smooth experience on the new consoles, they aren't going to concern themselves with how the hardware shortage will affect things on pc.

If anything, I'm sure the far greater concern to them is if consoles are readily available by then.

1619928754233.png

Welcome back, old friend. Damn I've missed Battlefield Heli's.

Sadly I played way too many hours in BF4 and became one of those 86-3 assholes you found on every server- flying in and out of buildings, flying backwards under bridges to dodge lockons, tail-diving in a dogfight to instantly get behind the other guy, and roadkilling roof campers. Good times!

Last edited:
Back