Battlefield 2042

How do they delay a trailer for a game they had an extra time to work on. At the end of April dice said the trailer was coming "soon". I'm preparing my self for another buggy release.
Some weird reasoning, they say is the trailer showed a Chinese rocket exploding and falling down on soldiers, and because China really does have a crashing rocket coming down, they say they're redoing the trailer not show that scene.

Some weird reasoning, they say is the trailer showed a Chinese rocket exploding and falling down on soldiers, and because China really does have a crashing rocket coming down, they say they're redoing the trailer not show that scene.
Oh, the rocket came down Saturday though, and landed in the ocean.

edit: I'm an idiot, its obvious they don't want China to ban BF6

1621298888396.png

1621298906770.png

1621298932001.png

1621298956464.png

1621298968783.png

Not really interested in a future setting game which this looks to be. If there are just a few future stuff like the hover tank in BF4 that is okay, IMO.

So... can you get on the rocket before it lifts off and ride it into space?

This is BATTLEFIELD, you know people are gonna try it ;)

So... can you get on the rocket before it lifts off and ride it into space?

This is BATTLEFIELD, you know people are gonna try it ;)

Hopefully! The mix of realism and arcade style play was what made Bf1942 and bf2 so enjoyable to me. People doing all sorts of weird shit lol. I tried 3 and just couldn't get into it and haven't played another since.

How do they delay a trailer for a game they had an extra time to work on. At the end of April dice said the trailer was coming "soon". I'm preparing my self for another buggy release.
In fairness the main devs have nothing to do with trailer or delays on it. They're separate teams. But IMO the bugs are the best part of BF releases anyway- in fact launch always feels like christmas in that regard. There will never be a massive multi-player shooter that launches without bugs.

And I for one welcome Boston Dynamics BigDog as the new jihad jeep

1621358261728.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Gabe3
like this
Hopefully! The mix of realism and arcade style play was what made Bf1942 and bf2 so enjoyable to me. People doing all sorts of weird shit lol. I tried 3 and just couldn't get into it and haven't played another since.
I looooooooved BF3, BF4 too.

Because only in BATTLEFIELD!!

as long as they release a complete game this time. BFV was like a half finished game. It could have been so good, but its like they quit half way.

I'm excited for this, BF V didn't click with me at all but I loved BF 1 so I have been craving a new battlefield game. Hopefully this is alot better than BF V, need a good new larger scale fps.

I'm excited for this, BF V didn't click with me at all but I loved BF 1 so I have been craving a new battlefield game. Hopefully this is alot better than BF V, need a good new larger scale fps.
Same goes for me. I really enjoyed BF1 multiplayer, but there's just something about BFV I didn't like. Not sure if it's the terrible map design, but it never clicked for me either.
Still to this day, I play BF1 couple times a week. Honeslty, I think BF1 looks better too.

In fairness the main devs have nothing to do with trailer or delays on it. They're separate teams. But IMO the bugs are the best part of BF releases anyway- in fact launch always feels like christmas in that regard. There will never be a massive multi-player shooter that launches without bugs.

And I for one welcome Boston Dynamics BigDog as the new jihad jeep

View attachment 357755
if you see my later post I think we know the real reason why the trailer was delayed. EA doesn't want to piss off the Chinese government.

if you see my later post I think we know the real reason why the trailer was delayed. EA doesn't want to piss off the Chinese.
We can only speculate but it wouldn't be surprising since many companies bend the knee now.

Is Battlefield even popular in China? Regardless, having China as a playable faction in a fictitious war game, but then feeling the need to tiptoe around how they're portraying that thin-skinned country in a fictitious war game.. is a real head scratcher.

Maybe DICE should've thought out of the box more on their faction choices and avoided the same ol same ol USA-RUS-CH selection.

How about New Zealand vs Flagstaff Arizona, or Germany vs Mara-a-Lago? Or at least don't be afraid to make the US faction evil bad guy fallen under a fascist matriarch's control.

Last edited:
We can only speculate but it wouldn't be surprising since many companies bend the knee now- "b-but its a big market for us".

Is Battlefield even popular in China? Regardless, having China as a playable faction in a fictitious war game, but then feeling the need to tiptoe around how they're portraying a particular country in that fictitious war game.. is a real head scratcher.

Maybe DICE should've thought out of the box more on their faction choices and avoided the same ol same ol USA-RUS-CH selection. How about New Zealand vs Zimbabwe, or Germany vs Mara-a-Lago? Or at least don't be afraid to make the US faction a cool bad guy (as we are now), or a bad bad guy that's fallen under a fascist lunatic's control.
There are CIVIL WAR servers in BF4 where its USA v USA. I didn't like it the same way I don't like ZERG v ZERG, lol.

We can only speculate but it wouldn't be surprising since many companies bend the knee now- "b-but its a big market for us".

Is Battlefield even popular in China? Regardless, having China as a playable faction in a fictitious war game, but then feeling the need to tiptoe around how they're portraying that thin-skinned country in a fictitious war game.. is a real head scratcher.

Maybe DICE should've thought out of the box more on their faction choices and avoided the same ol same ol USA-RUS-CH selection.

How about New Zealand vs Flagstaff Arizona, or Germany vs Mara-a-Lago? Or at least don't be afraid to make the US faction evil bad guy fallen under a fascist matriarch's control.
I don't think BF is popular there but EA probably has some other titles that are.

Nothing wrong with USA/Russia/China. It makes sense. Factions make practically zero difference aside from vehicles anyways. Only thing I'd like to see are some maps with some European vehicles. You can even have official options for US vs Russia or Western Europe vs Russia.

Suppose for default it could be Western Europe vs Russia and US vs China. Makes more sense that way, but I do want to see Abrams fighting T-90s. I'd like to see more vehicles in general. Bring back the Bradley and BMP-2 or 3.

For European forces there is a lot of good stuff to choose.

Leopard 2A6/7, plenty of countries use them:
1hgo1c85fc631.jpg

Puma IFV:
anys-Puma-IFV-combat-ready-after-six-years-of-work.jpg

Centauro tank destroyer:

Centauro01.jpg

Tiger attack helicopter:
-665_Tiger_UHT%2C_Germany_-_Army_AN1547188_%282%29.jpg

Plenty of vehicles to fill out a European faction.

But I'm prepared to be let down. BF5 sucked gameplay wise, sucked server wise, sucked vehicle wise and didn't have much content.

Last edited:
I hate ea with a red hot passion. They killed my favorite game. That being said. If a miracle happens and this game returns to glory...with competition AND FUCKING PRIVATE SERVERS WE CAN ACTUALLY CONTROL....I will be happy. You want me to be happy ea?

While reddit continues to chew on a few leaked snippets of alleged gameplay (first assumed to be from trailer, then devs said 'no its from earlier in game's development'), what is abundantly clear regardless is it's very much the successor to BF4.

While the last two BFs based on WWI/WW2 were impressive graphically, I couldn't get into them so I'm really looking forward to being back in the modern setting with a big map full of tanks, jets, helis, boats.

I'm bullish on BF6 despite the chronic complaining about EA bad company and DICE sux, because of the bright sides: they had two full games in between BF4 and BF6 to improve the engine, graphics, combat, netcode, additional experience. I think it'll pay off in a better BF6 now, than if they'd gone from BF4 straight to a modern BF5.

Last edited:
I was a late comer to BF4. Might be nice to actually get in on the action when this is released.

Reactions: DPI
like this
I was a late comer to BF4. Might be nice to actually get in on the action when this is released.
All BF games ever made come up front loaded with Bugs and needed quite a few patches to get them going...So dont be in any rush for a perfect game

I know the feeling. I discovered BFBC2 late, was mostly empty servers and someone occasionally telling me what amazing battles they used to have.

BF3 and BF4 I played from day one. These games definitely have an arc to them, but IMO the beginning is special. Because despite the complaints you'll hear about bugs (and really, WGAF, laugh and work around them), everything is new for everyone, the various meta's aren't established yet (dogfighting, etc) so it's a more even playing field, and you meet a lot of people- join voice servers, build groups of regulars to play with.

Last edited:
I know the feeling. I discovered BFBC2 late, was mostly empty servers and someone occasionally telling me what amazing battles they used to have.

BF3 and BF4 I played from day one. These games definitely have an arc to them, but IMO the beginning is special. Because despite the complaints you'll hear about bugs (and really, WGAF, laugh and work around them), everything is new for everyone, the various meta's aren't established yet (dogfighting, etc) so it's a more even playing field, and you meet a lot of people- join voice servers, build group of regulars to play with.
I purchased every BF game ever released to date except BF5....I hope they get their act back together like BF3/4 was...and your right that equal playing field in the begening of a release is a lot of fun

Next to BC2, BF4 is probably my favorite of the bunch.
I hated the war stories thing and general feel of bf5.

I'm super excited for bf6 though. Looks like it's gonna be an updated BF4 and that makes me very happy.

Next to BC2, BF4 is probably my favorite of the bunch.
I hated the war stories thing and general feel of bf5.

I'm super excited for bf6 though. Looks like it's gonna be an updated BF4 and that makes me very happy.
Yeah, bf5 had some cool stuff I liked, the V-1 rocket, building fortifications, customizable tanks. just never felt like a WWII game, which is a shame. I put 300 hours into it, so I got my moneys worth. thats the way I look at games these days.

June 1st next week Tuesday
The Battlfield 1 trailer was pretty cool because of the Mustard gas clouds in the trenches. This game opens alot of stuff that wasn't possible in the last two WW 1 WW2 games but both had their moments but still not as impressive as BF4. I hope this game brings rigs to their knees and will be a stuttered on consoles. I liked the sever selection in the older games have. I like the idea why the combined it with the game unlike Battlelog. I'll prob get the Deluxe version unless its way too expensive unlike the last few Battlefield games this one is going to be on Steam so it might be better for finding games. They should disable the message board I figure alot of people are depressed and venting on Steam for because of 2020s lockdown. You got people venting on me at Walmart even never was that bad when people had their face covered =) one of these days I'll quit =)

Last edited:
The trailer is guaranteed to have some shitty cover of an otherwise good song laid over the action.

I don't think its the trailer they will show next week. there's no release date at the end. I wonder if those ospreys will be the only aircraft? BF2142 only had one kind of aircraft which was disappointing.

I don't think its the trailer they will show next week. there's no release date at the end. I wonder if those ospreys will be the only aircraft? BF2142 only had one kind of aircraft which was disappointing.
Agreed. Looks more like a video to hype up investors.

Reactions: Gabe3
like this
Back