Battlefield VI

Porter_

Supreme [H]ardness
I'm one of the rare guys that liked bf1 more than bfv. Still play it to this day. Think I'm gonna skip the next one.
BFV is the worst of the series in my opinion

BF4 > BF3 > BC2 > BF:Hardline > BF2142 > BF2 > BF1 > BFV

I didn’t play any of the others. I played 1942 and Vietnam well after their heyday, but not enough to have a valid opinion on them. And I’m in the minority on Hardline, I loved that game.

Blackstone

2[H]4U
I give them credit for trying to bring us something new and focusing on some of the lesser know/glorified parts of the World War II. But it wasn’t well timed coming after BF1, which was a strange set-piece in World War I.

I was hoping Battlefield V channeled more of 1942. They had great maps they could have just recycled with the new engine and it would have been glorious. But maybe they felt that had been done already with 1943, which came to consoles years back but not PC.

I think when you combine new consoles with new graphics cards and a next gen battlefield promising to push said hardware (instant load times anyone?), that is something I am keeping my eye on before I start upgrading parts.

DPI

Nitpick Police

BF4 > BF3 > BC2 > BF:Hardline > BF2142 > BF2 > BF1 > BFV

100%.

I didn’t play any of the others. I played 1942 and Vietnam well after their heyday, but not enough to have a valid opinion on them. And I’m in the minority on Hardline, I loved that game.

Hardline was a total blast for a while, especially in the first couple months and during beta,, until they nerfed too many things I liked spamming - rampaging with the attack heli, spamming C4 on the road in the tunnel on the city map..so fast paced. But I never understood how so many people were missing the fantastic gameplay right under their noses. Its like if they aren't immediately CoD Rambo dominating, they determine they don't like it.

I also smile at the "BF3/BF4/whatever was totally broken at launch" line always repeated -- bish, that's the absolute best, most fun time to play, before they nerf everything and fix the fun exploits. You learn every bug and get creative with them. Some of my most hilarious BF moments in those times.

If DICE just did an evolving, GaaS modern Battlefield with jets- helis-tanks, and just kept adding maps and content plus engine and graphical improvements - like an ever-evolving BF4, I probably wouldn't play anything else.

Last edited:

Comixbooks

[H]F Junkie
The Chinese jungle map for BF V are really good the one with the Hut in the middle of the map Objective C.

The Cobra

2[H]4U
Having played the entire BF series since 1942, I have to say that BF4 is by far my fav shooter followed closely by BF3 and 2. 1 and V really regressed in every area (imho) except in the graphics department.

Flogger23m

[H]F Junkie
Having played the entire BF series since 1942, I have to say that BF4 is by far my fav shooter followed closely by BF3 and 2. 1 and V really regressed in every area (imho) except in the graphics department.

Pretty much. Problem is DICE has always been a bit incompetent and the release and updates are frequently bad. BF4 took a long of fixing from DICE LA to fix it up. If the end result is BF4 or similar, great. But that isn't happening in 2020/2021. Best you can hope for is BF4 style gameplay with a clown word aesthetic, like Siege and CoD.

Ragenrok

Supreme [H]ardness
I'm one of the rare guys that liked bf1 more than bfv. Still play it to this day. Think I'm gonna skip the next one.
Nope, I'm right there with ya. Still playing bf1 occasionally on my ps5, it had a good balance and the gameplay was fun.