Battlefield V

Runs worse than BF1 currently on my pc. I was getting about 100fps. Now it's 60-70 avrg. Same settings. No idea except the last patch really sent performance in the shitter.

Unfortunate but I can still live with 60-70fps though.

Runs worse than BF1 currently on my pc. I was getting about 100fps. Now it's 60-70 avrg. Same settings. No idea except the last patch really sent performance in the shitter.
check your gpu usage, make sure its maxed out. if you play on dx11 and have future frame rendering turned off the game will cap your gpu usage to 70%.

Also, if you have an nvidia card and running on DX11, try making a custom profile in the control panel with max pre rendered frames set to 2 and turn future frame rendering on in game. I found that this setting works much better for me, YMMV. 2 is what the game sets it to in DX12, 3 in DX11 by default with FFR on.

For me the stuttering seems to be mostly gone with the recent patch. I hope it stays this way because it was pretty bad when I first tried it. I runs much smoother now.

Chanced it. Downloading as we speak. I'm sure that I'll get around to playing it before the new year.

Also, if you have an nvidia card and running on DX11, try making a custom profile in the control panel with max pre rendered frames set to 2 and turn future frame rendering on in game. I found that this setting works much better for me, YMMV. 2 is what the game sets it to in DX12, 3 in DX11 by default with FFR on.
what does this do? more fps or what?

what does this do? more fps or what?

For me, it's an overall more stable frame rate and without the input lag that can be introduced by having it at the default of 3. Worth a shot to see if you see the same results. You can always change it back to "use global setting" if it doesn't work for you.

I did what you mentioned last night and got a solid boost in fps.. Like a few others posted, I was perfectly fine at over 100 fps before the last update.
Since update i was sitting at 80-90. Changed the 2 settings, and bam back up to over 100fps on all maps again. So thank you, definitely helped here!

Yup. It was the future rendering being off. I think my global set to 1 but I will check. The UI and browser in this game remains one of the worst I have used. Sad. I like the game but the maps and occasional bugs that make me restart my game or my PC annoy me enough to take a hiatus.

Just picked up the game for $29 to test out the 1080Ti.

Do i leave the GPU restriction on in settings or turn that off ?

Well for $30 in the Origin store I decided to give it a shot. Doubt it'll keep me off of Destiny 2 but I got about 80 enjoyable hours out of BF1, if i get that outta this one it'll be worth it.

Not a lot of Domination servers left. Maybe 10 or so in the US. The menu is so slow and often lags behind you input (like in BF1) that by the time you try and join a game others have already joined and you're now in the queue. Same thing with clicking exit, you can try to quit the game and you can still click around the menu for 2-4 seconds at times before the game actually quits.

Seems like this game will be dead in a few months. Wish they'd do a proper BF next year but I doubt it. I think the microtransaction train that will start soon will supposedly carry this game for another year or two.

Not a lot of Domination servers left. Maybe 10 or so in the US. The menu is so slow and often lags behind you input (like in BF1) that by the time you try and join a game others have already joined and you're now in the queue. Same thing with clicking exit, you can try to quit the game and you can still click around the menu for 2-4 seconds at times before the game actually quits.

Seems like this game will be dead in a few months. Wish they'd do a proper BF next year but I doubt it. I think the microtransaction train that will start soon will supposedly carry this game for another year or two.
probably not that many wanting to play domination. I think the servers are "created" on the fly when enough people do the auto join. that explains why when I do auto join for conquest it put me into a game that is filling up by the second and the round hasn't started yet. cause if I look at the server browser, theres no empty servers, so these servers come and go based on how many are playing.

the game probably is dying but I doubt it will die before the next one. theres no stats on player population from ea/dice so its probably not high. people still want to play battlefield and theres no alternative unless they want to go back to bf1 which they have already seen all content for that game. once the BR comes out in march the population will probably explode. I just hope they add solo and duos. BR games are still the biggest, and if it manages to grab a fraction of fortnite and some of cod and pubg there will be no shortage of players, in BR mode anyway.

probably not that many wanting to play domination. I think the servers are "created" on the fly when enough people do the auto join. that explains why when I do auto join for conquest it put me into a game that is filling up by the second and the round hasn't started yet. cause if I look at the server browser, theres no empty servers, so these servers come and go based on how many are playing.

the game probably is dying but I doubt it will die before the next one. theres no stats on player population from ea/dice so its probably not high. people still want to play battlefield and theres no alternative unless they want to go back to bf1 which they have already seen all content for that game. once the BR comes out in march the population will probably explode. I just hope they add solo and duos. BR games are still the biggest, and if it manages to grab a fraction of fortnite and some of cod and pubg there will be no shortage of players, in BR mode anyway.

nah the problem is people including me don't want to sit in a server with 3-4 people waiting for it to fill up for 20-30 minutes so we just leave and play conquest or just leave and queue up for domination until we get into a non empty server.. their system fk'ing blows, if you exceed the estimated queue time it just throws you into an empty server and leaves you there even if the other servers finish their games and have open slots available.

Anyone with a gsync monitor use the in-game frame rate limiter? I figured I could set it to "match monitor refresh rate" and never have to worry about tearing, but every time my fps hits the refresh rate I get tearing. Does gsync only eliminate tearing when frame rate is less than the refresh rate, as opposed to less than or equal to?

Anyone with a gsync monitor use the in-game frame rate limiter? I figured I could set it to "match monitor refresh rate" and never have to worry about tearing, but every time my fps hits the refresh rate I get tearing. Does gsync only eliminate tearing when frame rate is less than the refresh rate, as opposed to less than or equal to?
yeah the fps has to be less than so with 144hz monitor most people cap it at 140. I play with vsync as well as gsync because I get tearing on the bottom and top of my screen. in-game vsync always off.

this thread here I follow what the 3rd post says:
https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/1002056/understanding-how-g-sync-and-v-sync-work-together/

i dont know if I have the in game limiter on cause my fps never goes above 120 with my specs. if the in-game limiter doesnt give you the option to cap it at 140 than there might be a config file you can edit. thats what I did with fortnite.

I am trying to figure out my fps. I just keep getting weird tearing? Maybe when I get into close quarters combat. Feels like the screen gets all blurry and I usually die. My monitor is a 144 hz tn with no gysnc or freesync. I can average around 100-120 fps. 3770k at 4.5, 980 gtx at stock boost, 16 gb sys ram. I could lock things down at 60 hz but that just feels wrong and I still get tearing or something along to it.

I gave in and bought two copies one for myself and the other for my son. At $ 30 each it felt like a good deal. I really like it its a lot of fun and a little harder with the gun play compared to 1 or 4. It runs really great on my 5960 X with LQ 64 Vega + Freesync 32" 144 Hz panel. The newest drivers are a big improvement especially in memory speed. Game feels smooth. My only gripe is … there is not enough tanks on panzerstorm. Really liked the single player campaign. It also feels a lot more focused on tactical play in order to do really well.
Does anyone have any details as to what is going to be added in the January update ?

I had mixed fillings about it but, you have to play a little and it will fall into place. There is a bit of a learning curve to it. It becomes more fun the more you play at least in my experience.

I had mixed fillings about it but, you have to play a little and it will fall into place. There is a bit of a learning curve to it. It becomes more fun the more you play at least in my experience.

Maybe I will try again sooner or later.

Anybody still playing BF4? It still keeps me from buying BFV, BF1 too of course. Took a couple of screenshots from RUSH matches tonight. Still looks and plays great!!

xAGKIiQ.png

SyhrxYo.png

Last edited:

This is pretty accurate. Throwing out the controversy around the game and some things I'd like improved I'm still enjoying it. As of last night I have a squad of local friends I play with of varying skillsets. I'm probably 2nd of 3rd best of our team depending on the map. We worked as team on new years and finished Tides of War unlocking that AG/2 swedish version of the M1 grande. I remember AngryJoe ranting about how Grand Operations is dumb but its actually growing on me. I like that tension of still having a shot if you can take the last map. I unlocked a 3x zoom for the Lewis LMG last night and I think I've become a monster. Lewis with a zoom is just filthy. I can take down snipers right and left with it. I don't see myself quitting anytime soon.

Two recommendations to anyone just starting out from someone with about 170hrs. in game:

1) Level each weapon to at least 4 and play with the weapon specific perks. IMHO most of the weapons are just an uncontrollable mess until you get their tree filled in.

2) Play assault to start... period. They are currently the most OP class in the game. So much so the game should have just been called Assaultfield 5. They do not have a bad weapon in their entire inventory up to lvl20. Add in the ability to regen health and scavenge ammo... oh did I mention they also get rpg's... a pair of rifle launched frag nades and one they can toss to boot? Grab a STG or SMLE and burn down your enemies hipfire at any range. Assault is simply easymode IMHO.

If ur into pain and frustration go medic... DICE just hates the class.

My other gripe is the tracers. DICE for fucks sake get rid of tracers. Its a laser show. Its annoying that a short burst draws all the fire back to you simply because everyone around just noticed where you popped it from. This is not star wars...:D
I actually start to really like this game With new content and some more polish oh did I mention tracers ...it will be what I hoped for.

Two recommendations to anyone just starting out from someone with about 170hrs. in game:

1) Level each weapon to at least 4 and play with the weapon specific perks. IMHO most of the weapons are just an uncontrollable mess until you get their tree filled in.

2) Play assault to start... period. They are currently the most OP class in the game. So much so the game should have just been called Assaultfield 5. They do not have a bad weapon in their entire inventory up to lvl20. Add in the ability to regen health and scavenge ammo... oh did I mention they also get rpg's... a pair of rifle launched frag nades and one they can toss to boot? Grab a STG or SMLE and burn down your enemies hipfire at any range. Assault is simply easymode IMHO.

If ur into pain and frustration go medic... DICE just hates the class.
lol I think dice does hate the medic. this tides of war thing gives every class except medic a gun. I really dont give a fk about tides of war. I'll just buy the guns if I want them. I'm not gonna play some of these terrible game types. I did have a record kill game with the medic's mp40 with 56 kills. my previous record was 48 with the assault stg.

the assignment system needs to be redone. I have to play like an idiot for some of these assignments

Last edited:
Anyone know why I would be getting frame drops into the 40's with a 2080 Ti? I swear my 980 Ti ran the game smoother. I'm running at 3440x1440, ultra everything, no raytracing. Same frame drops whether I run DX11 or DX12. Is it possible that the rest of my system is bottlenecking things? Like maybe the 2080 Ti is demanding more from the CPU and the CPU can't keep up or something like that? It's an older i7 (4770k) and the whole system (minus the video card) is 5 years old now.

Anyone know why I would be getting frame drops into the 40's with a 2080 Ti? I swear my 980 Ti ran the game smoother. I'm running at 3440x1440, ultra everything, no raytracing. Same frame drops whether I run DX11 or DX12. Is it possible that the rest of my system is bottlenecking things? Like maybe the 2080 Ti is demanding more from the CPU and the CPU can't keep up or something like that? It's an older i7 (4770k) and the whole system (minus the video card) is 5 years old now.
what about running display driver uninstaller? also might be helpful to look at your cpu and gpu usage while you play

what about running display driver uninstaller? also might be helpful to look at your cpu and gpu usage while you play

I did a clean install (via nvidia installer at least). Does a third party driver uninstaller really make a difference? It's 2019, I would think that nvidia has driver installation down to a science by now.

Also tried running Rivatuner but I'm not seeing any overlay in game. I'm assuming it's CPU related. The wide open maps run really smooth. It's the congested ones with a lot of action (e.g. devastation) that really choke.

I did a clean install (via nvidia installer at least). Does a third party driver uninstaller really make a difference? It's 2019, I would think that nvidia has driver installation down to a science by now.

Also tried running Rivatuner but I'm not seeing any overlay in game. I'm assuming it's CPU related. The wide open maps run really smooth. It's the congested ones with a lot of action (e.g. devastation) that really choke.

I missed the first part whats your CPU?

I think its worth trying before you upgrade, run it in safe mode. also could try setting your control panel power options to high performance. that will keep your cpu from under clocking

do you have a old monitor you can hook up to watch your gpu and cpu usage? you can use task manager but it wont show gpu usage if your running the game in dx12. you'll have to use gpu-z

I was given a $50 Origin gift card over the holidays and decided to get BF-V. I played close to 8 hours over XMas and then uninstalled the game. They released an unfinished product IMHO. I still love to play BF4, which IMHO is still the best BF game behind 2 and 1942.

I was given a $50 Origin gift card over the holidays and decided to get BF-V. I played close to 8 hours over XMas and then uninstalled the game. They released an unfinished product IMHO. I still love to play BF4, which IMHO is still the best BF game behind 2 and 1942.

I barely played 1942 till the Desert Combat mod was released. I bet we wouldn't had BF2 made the way it was without Desert Combat.

I barely played 1942 till the Desert Combat mod was released. I bet we wouldn't had BF2 made the way it was without Desert Combat.

I worked on the original Desert Combat mod team at Trauma Studios when I lived in NYC back in the day. Dice purchased Trauma and we were known as DICE NY and ended up using the Desert Combat mod as the basis for BF2.

There is your history lesson for the day. :)

Still Bad Company 2 for me. I liked RUSH mode and how Bad Company 2 married the Arena style combat of COD and the scale of BF. Just personal taste. It took me a while to really start enjoying BFV. Granted it's all personal taste as I played BF1 for at most 3 hours and haven't gone back to it.

Back