Battlefield V

Son the best squad I ever had was a bunch of lowbies with KE7s, it can be done, but nobody wants to deal with it. I get pushed squad leader just about every game, and everyone runs wherever they want. I'm glad I went the premium route and didn't buy the game, as it stands the dead BO4 is way more fun than this, and I doubt BF5 and its player base is going to change for the better.

I just hope Just Cause 4 doesn't blow, or I'll be putting a few more hundred hours into Farcry 5 lol.

Of course squad play makes a difference... nice to have 3 guys who can revive you every 30 seconds. ;p If EA ever pulls it's head out and starts adds a favorites list for servers that might help. Right now high rate of fire, a large magazine and hipfire are it... spray and pray is the name of the game.

I was going to grind each class to 20 starting with assault... stopped yesterday at lvl 17 I think. Switched to support and grabbed a KE7 and am pretty good at mowing people down. The 1x-1.25x sights all suck... retardedly so IMHO. They all block way too much FOV and are difficult to see through.. the actual "bullseye" is way too thick. I've gone iron sights and it's much better for me.

Bombers still wreck every map they are on... you get some numbnutz flying circles going 50+-0. AA needs to be much stronger. Had a bomber on Navarik fly right at me yesterday... dead level... unloaded into his cockpit till the AA overheated.. all hits.. he flew off and repaired. Simply inexcusable to have the AA so weak and the bombers do so much dang dmg.

Soo I'll be grinding to 50 as support probably.

There are no favorites bc they are all ea servers ATM. Matchmaking does a good job getting me low ping servers but I want private servers back. I miss my section 8 and the others. Kind of like going to a bar.

Right now high rate of fire, a large magazine and hipfire are it... spray and pray is the name of the game.
My Turner SMLE with 11 bullets says otherwise. With some distance, 1 bullet to the head and 2 to the body and that's a kill. Even in close quarters, if you get the jump on the enemy you can wreck them 90% of the times.

Regarding the bombers. Everyone knows they are OP right now (even the devs that already said they will make some changes). No use to keep complaining about that.
And the best counter to bombers is a lucky Panzerfaust (rocket) or, even better, a fighter where you can wreck bomber after bomber if you know what to do and don't have an enemy fighter after you.

My Turner SMLE with 11 bullets says otherwise. With some distance, 1 bullet to the head and 2 to the body and that's a kill. Even in close quarters, if you get the jump on the enemy you can wreck them 90% of the times.

The Turner SMLE is probably my favorite weapon in the game right now.

Vega. That's your opinion. Which is completely allowed. Hardline was actually a good game in many respects. This one is too. Some of the maps suck but the gunplay is good imo. I am enjoying the fights and they are usually close and balanced. Tanks need infantry support. The bomber is too powerful and the aa needs a buff against them. Otherwise, I am cool with the game so long as they allow private servers and some customization of the game.

This game is even worse than BF Hardline. That speaks volumes.
whats the point of this post? you already said you didn't like the game a few pages back.

has anyone unlocked all the medic guns yet? I watched jackfrags video on medic guns and his favorite is the mp28, with all right tree unlocked. Ive been leveling this gun up without any specs and its kinda a nightmare to use. so much recoil.

Last edited:
The only classes I've played so far are Assault and Support. Havent touched Medic.

Man the medic guns basically shoot blanks. I’m enjoying the game overall. Bombers are fucking OP, as it’s been stated AA does jack shit against it. I’m liking the maps as well. I think my gtx970 might need to get replaced.

Man the medic guns basically shoot blanks. I’m enjoying the game overall. Bombers are fucking OP, as it’s been stated AA does jack shit against it. I’m liking the maps as well. I think my gtx970 might need to get replaced.
I went 36-6 with the mp40. I was in the right place at the right time most of that round.

Regarding the bombers. Everyone knows they are OP right now (even the devs that already said they will make some changes). No use to keep complaining about that.
And the best counter to bombers is a lucky Panzerfaust (rocket) or, even better, a fighter where you can wreck bomber after bomber if you know what to do and don't have an enemy fighter after you.

I lvl'd the Turner to 10... used it quite a bit.. good wep. But in my case I was barely at .500 with it. Most times it's a 4 hit to kill wep if ur lucky. Nope.. hi mag and hi ROF are it right now. I'm wrekin peeps with the KE7.

On the bombers.. i just gotta say geesus christ EA...WTF? I took one out with any arty cannon earlier today.. felt really good.

Playing medic and most of the time I don't even bother trying to shoot anything with the pop-guns unless i need to. Sit back, heal and revive. Rinse and repeat.

Don't mash down the button to fire, I've found that you have to use tap tap tap until it's close enough where at that point you just hold down left click...then when it's passed by just go back to tap fire....this should maximize the amount of damage but you likely won't be able to bring it down unless others are firing at it also. It's not like BF1 where you can destroy any plane solo in one pass.

Also remove third person view from tanks. If I can't switch to it as infantry why the hell should a tank be allowed to.

The best counter to the OP JU-88 bomber right now is the Spitfire MKVA with the level 1 upgrade of additional 4 machine guns. I absolutely shred them in seconds and I make it a point to be in a fighter on levels where they decimate troops such as Twisted Steel and Arras. You wouldn't believe how much those bomber exploiters rage when they wait 3 minutes to respawn and I shoot them down seconds after spawning.

I tried to use the Spitfire MKVB with the 50 cal upgrade since the description specifically stated that was what they were good for, unfortunately it isn't true and they need some tweaking by DICE devs.

The British Blenheim bomber isn't as OP as the JU-88, but it's turrets have a better firing arc. The best counter to it is the BF109-G6 with the 2nd tier upgrade of explosive rounds.

I'm also extremely pleased DICE launched the game with Joystick support. This marks the first time they've done that (without an ini file hack or patch) since BF2 in 2005.The joystick support is done EXACTLY how they did it with BF1 once they patched it in. You just have to enable joystick control mapping through another setting.

BF5 joystick setup is done exactly like BF1. The menus are named slightly different, but you can extrapolate it from this video.

Last edited:
Nope.. hi mag and hi ROF are it right now. I'm wrekin peeps with the KE7.
If you're wreckin them now with the KE7, wait till you get the FG42 at level 16. HOLEE FUK.
People swoon over the MG42 at level 20, but it just isn't as versatile as the FG42.

It's basically a clone of the BAR from BF1. Small 20rd mag, but TTK is on par with with the best weapons you can still ADS. If you can work around the small mag size with burst fire, be quick to draw your pistol, or always set yourself up for a quick retreat to reload, you will do extremely well with it.

Small warning: they never fixed the sight issue with the FG42 from the beta. The AA sight is completely fucked and the Nydar electronic sight is zeroed at the bottom of the sight and not the crosshair. However, the irons and the 3x scope will wreck people up close and across the map (using bipod of course).

I have it set for run and gun playstyle. I took the ADS upgrade since I prefer it to hipfire, and I also took the vertical recoil upgrade because this gun is almost uncontrollable in full auto bursts without using this upgrade or the bipod. I forgot what other 2 upgrades I did, but it works for most situations. The only time I get outgunned is in extreme close quarters hip fire situations against assault guys using the STG44 or Medics using SMG's.

Last edited:
I went full right spec tree with the mp28. it made the gun a little better. for some reason I thought the spec tree could change a gun. but I have learned that if I dont like it without specs, then I'm still not going to like it with specs.

edit: used it more tonight and its actually a killing machine close range, pretty high dps. mid range I switch it to single fire. and I also made one of my mouse buttons the throw meds and self heal. so I can just spam that while sprinting. cause by default self heal is left control, so you have to take your finger off shift.

Last edited:
Started lvling the scout class last night.. using the second rifle(forget the name) and a 6x scope.. not too shabby. Still have not gottn the range down for actual longballin... but pretty good at mid range. Not liking the bolt actions too much as it takes 2 hits to kill still.

Started lvling the scout class last night.. using the second rifle(forget the name) and a 6x scope.. not too shabby. Still have not gottn the range down for actual longballin... but pretty good at mid range. Not liking the bolt actions too much as it takes 2 hits to kill still.

i get 1-shot by enemy snipers left and right. i don't know if a future unlock or weapon makes that possible, or these guys are just damn good snipers and headshotting me while i sprint full speed perpendicular to them at distance. or maybe terrible server latency so their first shot never registers on my screen?

i get 1-shot by enemy snipers left and right. i don't know if a future unlock or weapon makes that possible, or these guys are just damn good snipers and headshotting me while i sprint full speed perpendicular to them at distance. or maybe terrible server latency so their first shot never registers on my screen?

I was experiencing the same thing and was really looking forward to the Gewehr M95/30 as I thought it was a one shot kill wep as I was getting kill by it a lot.. no dice. They must be darn good at headshotting. The Model 8 with a 6x scope is working pretty well for me. Seeing as there are really no 1 hit kill weps (sans a headshot) there really is not point IMHO to trying to longball.. target would need to stand still for the second aimed shit.. most don't.

Picked this game off a [H] member for $40 and enjoying it as much as BF2 / BF1942. I am digging the gameplay and it runs surprisingly well on my laptop too (i7 4720HQ / 970M) 1080p @ ~75 fps average on low / future frame rendering on or 1440p @ ~ 55-60fps average.. my PC is waiting for hard-tubing to be installed lol.

What guns do you guys recommend for assault / scout since I just started?

This game is utter fucking garbage. No wonder they have to give it away for free (got it with my GPU). I don't even know where to start with this cluster fuck.

- The stupid ammo pick up animation. Nothing like getting the drop on someone aiming down your sights and pumping round after round into them OH COOL AMMO LETS PUT THIS BAG OF AMMO IN YOUR FACE SO YOU CAN'T AIM ANYMORE. Dumbest shit ever. I've got killed more because my player decided to be dazzled by a fucking ammo bag rather than return fire on the enemy when I am using my sights. Did 90% damage to a guy when my player decided to stop aiming, hold his weapon off to the side and stare at a fucking ammo bag.

- The leg animations are fucking weird. Sometimes you'll go prone and have lets glitching around obscuring your vision... even if you're not on your back. Your torso is practically on a turret that spins 360 degrees.

- Bad hit boxes, hit detection, or player / sight alignment. Or all of the above. You can be clearly behind cover but an enemy can still kill you with a non-explosive weapon. Perhaps the awkward legs spinning about has something to do with this. Worse than the BF4 launch rubber banding issue. Not sure if it is entirely the same, but it is unacceptable whatever it is.

- Balance is horrible. Sniper rifles are king, like all BF games. But somehow they decided to make them even more OP in this title. Always fun walking down a hallway popping someone 3-4 times with a G41 only for them to stand there calmly and pop a single shot and instantly kill me. You shouldn't be able to calmly shrug off three 7.92 rounds and aim perfectly still down a scope. Reminds me of the AWP in CS; but that was better balanced. And you'll last maybe 15 seconds atop a vehicle due to this. Good vehicle squad play is out the window.

- There are like 2 tanks per map. Yay...

- Stuttering. The horrible stuttering from BF1 returns. Please just switch to the BF3 or BF4 build of the engine DICE, because you fucking suck at optimizing Frostbite as of late.

- The GUI. Probably the worst in any game I've played in recent years. Essentially the same shit show that was in BF1. Design for a phone, not a gaming PC or even a gaming console. Lots of massive buttons with few details. Exiting a game takes 1 minute longer than it should.

- Server browser is shit. Same limitations as BF1. Just as buggy as BF1. Zero Conquest servers in North America? I doubt it. Exit game, retry it. Well now it works. Great job DICE. The filter works 50% of the game.

- Weapons have a shitty auto circle recoil. Feels like a game from the early 2000s. I know DICE was always mediocre save for a few bright years, but have they not learned from BF3/4? The one area they nailed down they threw out the window. Add with the above auto picking up of items, the game gives the player very little control.

- Continuing with the theme of lacking proper player control, your player makes minor movements by itself far too frequently. Almost feels like you're dancing on the ground. Add the shitty auto recoil mechanics, non-user movement mechanics, and rubber banding/poor hit boxes / view point misalignment and the game feels very clunky. This is late 2018 and entirely unacceptable.

- Mantling is still buggy. Was a problem in BF3. Still haven't fixed it 5 games later. Nice job.

- Unlock system is confusing as hell. Doesn't help thanks to the garbage phone GUI.

I can't think of a single redeeming quality to it. You can't even say it runs good because it stutters more than a retard. Most of these issues aren't simple fixes either. Seeing how BF1 is still the same shit show it was at release I don't have faith in DICE re-inventing the game or engine from the ground up.

My hope is the game ends up doing poorly and EA ends up shutting down the DICE studio and hands off the IP to someone else. Can't get much worse than this.

Last edited:
This game is utter fucking garbage. No wonder they have to give it away for free (got it with my GPU). I don't even know where to start with this cluster fuck.

- The stupid ammo pick up animation. Nothing like getting the drop on someone aiming down your sights and pumping round after round into them OH COOL AMMO LETS PUT THIS BAG OF AMMO IN YOUR FACE SO YOU CAN'T AIM ANYMORE. Dumbest shit ever. I've got killed more because my player decided to be dazzled by a fucking ammo bag rather than return fire on the enemy when I am using my sights. Did 90% damage to a guy when my player decided to stop aiming, hold his weapon off to the side and stare at a fucking ammo bag.

- The leg animations are fucking weird. Sometimes you'll go prone and have lets glitching around obscuring your vision... even if you're not on your back. Your torso is practically on a turret that spins 360 degrees.

- Bad hit boxes, hit detection, or player / sight alignment. Or all of the above. You can be clearly behind cover but an enemy can still kill you with a non-explosive weapon. Perhaps the awkward legs spinning about has something to do with this. Worse than the BF4 launch rubber banding issue. Not sure if it is entirely the same, but it is unacceptable whatever it is.

- Balance is horrible. Sniper rifles are king, like all BF games. But somehow they decided to make them even more OP in this title. Always fun walking down a hallway popping someone 3-4 times with a G41 only for them to stand there calmly and pop a single shot and instantly kill me. You shouldn't be able to calmly shrug off three 7.92 rounds and aim perfectly still down a scope. Reminds me of the AWP in CS; but that was better balanced. And you'll last maybe 15 seconds atop a vehicle due to this. Good vehicle squad play is out the window.

- Stuttering. The horrible stuttering from BF1 returns. Please just switch to the BF3 or BF4 build of the engine DICE, because you fucking suck at optimizing Frostbite as of late.

- The GUI. Probably the worst in any game I've played in recent years. Essentially the same shit show that was in BF1. Design for a phone, not a gaming PC or even a gaming console. Lots of massive buttons with few details. Exiting a game takes 1 minute longer than it should.

- Server browser is shit. Same limitations as BF1. Just as buggy as BF1. Zero Conquest servers in North America? I doubt it. Exit game, retry it. Well now it works. Great job DICE. The filter works 50% of the game.

- Weapons have a shitty auto circle recoil. Feels like a game from the early 2000s. I know DICE was always mediocre save for a few bright years, but have they not learned from BF3/4? The one area they nailed down they threw out the window. Add with the above auto picking up of items, the game gives the player very little control.

- Continuing with the theme of lacking proper player control, your player makes minor movements by itself far too frequently. Almost feels like you're dancing on the ground. Add the shitty auto recoil mechanics, non-user movement mechanics, and rubber banding/poor hit boxes / view point misalignment and the game feels very clunky. This is late 2018 and entirely unacceptable.

- Mantling is still buggy. Was a problem in BF3. Still haven't fixed it 5 games later. Nice job.

- Unlock system is confusing as hell. Doesn't help thanks to the garbage phone GUI.

I can't think of a single redeeming quality to it. You can't even say it runs good because it stutters more than a retard. Most of these issues aren't simple fixes either. Seeing how BF1 is still the same shit show it was at release I don't have faith in DICE re-inventing the game or engine from the ground up.

My hope is the game ends up doing poorly and EA ends up shutting down the DICE studio and hands off the IP to someone else. Can't get much worse than this.
I dont have any of those issues except for a nasty stutter once in awhile. I'd be really surprised if ea gave the IP to someone else. considering bf1 made the most money of any bf game by far. almost double the second top selling which was bf3. and most people consider bf5 to be a step up from bf1. although I dont think it will sell as well as bf1 due to the pre release controversies.

The UI sucks, completely agree with that. I agree with a couple of your other points as well but overall I’m having a lot of fun with the game. I’m anxious for them to get the series back to modern day.

sounds like you need to play WW3 instead ;)

Can't say I've had an issue with everything you said except this. Most of the maps are just too wide open and give too much visibility to multiple areas from one vantage point and it encourages people to do this instead of playing the objective and it's actually more rewarding because you can just camp out somewhere the entire round away from the heat and get a high KDR easily. They should remove the class entirely and just make it a battle pickup. Medic, Assault, Engineer, Support.,.give dmrs back to medics, remove scout make sniper rifles a battle pickup limited to 2 per team.

I've been stroking my beard the past week or so about getting this. I tend to avoid early access though.
definitely check out the blogs on their site first, see if the future content looks interesting to you but the most recent update has actually made it a game now. really fun to play but hard at the same time.

That's $22 too much.

as long as bombers continue to stay in the state of stupidly op i agree, if they actually get balanced properly(which they won't) then maybe you could justify the current price.

definitely check out the blogs on their site first, see if the future content looks interesting to you but the most recent update has actually made it a game now. really fun to play but hard at the same time.
Reading the forums now. Spent about 10m in the Bugs section. Seems like there is still a bit of ironing out that needs to be done. I'll hold off.

As long as bombers continue to stay in the state of stupidly op i agree, if they actually get balanced properly(which they won't) then maybe you could justify the current price.

1. Bombers get melted by fighters and will soon be weaker to AA as well. The only way people will be able to use bombers is if the other team has a TERRIBLE fighter pilot. The stationary AA emplacements do need a slight buff against bombers and "heavy" aircraft (Mosquito/Stuka)

2. Learn the maps. I often see "where's AA on this map?" Example, on Quentin, no one seems to care about flag C, yet it's one of the most important flags - once you control AA there, you control a huge part of the airspace.

3. AA trucks - almost no one takes them, everyone just goes heavy tanks, often then proceeding to just camp the spawn.

4. Burton with incendiary rounds.

Last edited:
has anyone tried a joystick and controller for flying. which one is better and which controller or joystick do you use? ive used a joystick with every bf game but I find my self not wanting to fly just its so bulky to put on my lap. I did very little flying in bf1 and have not tried yet in this game.

has anyone tried a joystick and controller for flying. which one is better and which controller or joystick do you use? ive used a joystick with every bf game but I find my self not wanting to fly just its so bulky to put on my lap. I did very little flying in bf1 and have not tried yet in this game.
A few years back I played..BF3?, I think? Played with the same group of people. One guy used an X-Box or PS4 Controller. He, DOMINATED with the flying. Wasn't even fair. He recorded a bunch of his playing. Guy took off almost sideways. If I did get some form of MP-FPS game, I think that's the way I'd do it.

A few years back I played..BF3?, I think? Played with the same group of people. One guy used an X-Box or PS4 Controller. He, DOMINATED with the flying. Wasn't even fair. He recorded a bunch of his playing. Guy took off almost sideways. If I did get some form of MP-FPS game, I think that's the way I'd do it.
His domination had little to do with the fact he used a gamepad. I was in a couple clans all throughout BF3 and BF4 that had Top5 jet and heli whores, including guys that spent most of their time doing 1v1 Flabslab dogfighting, and the best input was whatever they were used to. Most started on KBM, occasionally transitioned to joystick and after an adjustment period were just as good. In rare cases, console players transitioned to PC and continued flying with gamepad and were good because it's what they were used to.

All the input methods have enough fidelity to be as effective as any other, especially as DICE has progressively lowered the skill ceiling for aircraft every game since BF3. The flying metagame in Battlefield has very little to do with input method the better you get.

Last edited:
I dont have a joystick, but do use a 360 controller for flying. Much easier to use than the keyboard for me.

After 20+ hours of play time I'm already burned out. The game-play just gets dull. Teamwork with randoms is getting worse and worse with each new Bf game. I find playing shooters like Squad and even Arma much more enjoyable. This franchise and community ain't what it used to be. As a Bf1942 veteran I can say this with confidence. I'm gonna try the single player tonight and see if its any good.

Hardware wise my 980ti is pretty happy with the game so far at 1440p. Avg low 90's with a mix of ultra/high settings.

I have never been any good at dogfighting. Never had the patience for it. If I did though. I would have to have a flightstick again. Kbm is fine but nothing beats a stick? Lol

Back