Battlefield V Trailer Features New Game Modes

AlphaAtlas

[H]ard|Gawd
Staff member
DICE just released a new trailer for Battlefield V, featuring little bit of everything. The trailer shows off a battle royale mode called Firestorm, a free games-as-a-service feature called Tides of War, as well as several singleplayer and multiplayer modes and Fortnite-esque constructables. After a recent delay, Battlefield V is set to come out on November 20th.

Check out the trailer.

Watch a deep dive on Battlefield V, including details on our new Battle Royale mode 'Firestorm', Single Player War Stories, Multiplayer maps and modes, and our free post-launch live service, Tides of War. This is World War 2 like you've never seen or played before. Welcome to Battlefield V.

Can they just remaster BF2? I'd buy that.
Practically no one else would is the problem. People cannot seem to understand that the playerbase has shifted generationally, not actually the developers. It's no longer 2005.

Practically no one else would is the problem. People cannot seem to understand that the playerbase has shifted generationally, not actually the developers. It's no longer 2005.

And I think a lot of people don't realize it is near impossible to appease nostalgia. A remaster wouldn't feel right because the memory of all the fun times with a game is skewed. Not to mention the other side of the coin would be filled with people saying "they are just reskinning the game to make easy money, i'm protesting this!".

I did have a ton of fun with BF2, I also enjoyed BF4 to be honest, the recent BF1 didn't really hold my attention though, something felt missing but I don't know what it was.

I still play battlefield 4, its still a good game.

Having said that this just screams "we have to put a new version out every year because we are told to so this is what every one else is doing so we will to, except ours will be in ww2!"

Pass. I will buy an original idea that i like (deadspace was amazing) even from a company i dont like (ea) but i wont just buy the next version if it sounds like they lost the point.

Did he leave you the Panzer he took from a Japanese?

I got a Kookeri from mine. He was in India for quite a while. I also got a Gestapo Dagger I sold for about $1100. My dad who bought that back said when the ship docked, in NY for some reason, he was Canadian army, they were warned that anything past a knife would be taken. The bottom of that harbor had a lot of weapons dumped onto it. ;)

And I think a lot of people don't realize it is near impossible to appease nostalgia. A remaster wouldn't feel right because the memory of all the fun times with a game is skewed. Not to mention the other side of the coin would be filled with people saying "they are just reskinning the game to make easy money, i'm protesting this!".

I did have a ton of fun with BF2, I also enjoyed BF4 to be honest, the recent BF1 didn't really hold my attention though, something felt missing but I don't know what it was.

Jeep stuff.

Honestly for all the work put into physics its the lack of physics like allowing to put dynamite into a bike sidecar or ragdolling someone who just got shot by a tank (since they dont turn into a red mist...) that mostly annoys me.

Reactions: Fleat
like this
I am all on board and will be definatly purchasing this during the 2019 Christmas sale. Looks great and should prove to be fun, I am a sucker for WWI WWII stuff but I will grab this mostly for the single player campaigns.

I've played the game and it is lacking that magic which makes it a battlefield game. It's the first Battlefield game that I got bored of playing after an hour. Just check the forums at battlefield for similar complaints.

I've played the game and it is lacking that magic which makes it a battlefield game. It's the first Battlefield game that I got bored of playing after an hour. Just check the forums at battlefield for similar complaints.

it honestly feels like a fucked up mix of call of duty and battlefield. It's like the game doesn't know what it wants to be.

I'm a bit worried, but I'm keeping an open mind.

BF4 is indeed still very good. I've basically given up on BF1 - it has higher production value, but it's less fun.

Can't put my finger on what it is though.

it honestly feels like a fucked up mix of call of duty and battlefield. It's like the game doesn't know what it wants to be.

A little like it's SJW creators. All those pansexual, genderfluid, otherkin trannies. Who are -- obviously -- non-white, have some form of disability, and a tragic life-story that's just so unique and special that NO-ONE could possibly understand their pain.

I agree. After watching that video I was really WANTING to feel "what a wide ranging game with great gameplay options!" But all I could think the whole time is "What an absolute mash of gameplay options packed into a game with too high a pace to manage any of it."

How many of those scenes showed any combat happening at distance? It was all just utter chaos.

Oddly enough, some of the sight designs in this game did actually exist back as far as 1900.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reflector_sight

Also, even a night vision scope https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zielgerät_1229

Oh they did exist, they were just utter garbage. The problem with the implementation in BFV is that it makes iron sights inferior like modern red dots. When you want to play a WWII war game, you expect WWII weapons and gameplay. Putting scopes and red dots on everything kind of kills that. May as well have done modern if they were going to make the mechanics like a modern game.

Playing the Beta at the moment. I'm liking it so far.
One of the maps really reminded me of BF4, which to me is a very good thing.

I got a Kookeri from mine. He was in India for quite a while. I also got a Gestapo Dagger I sold for about $1100. My dad who bought that back said when the ship docked, in NY for some reason, he was Canadian army, they were warned that anything past a knife would be taken. The bottom of that harbor had a lot of weapons dumped onto it. ;)

Any coordinates for those docks? I think I want to take up magnet fishing!

Cut the Microtransactions, ditch Origin, fix at least -some- level of historical accuracy, make the price reasonable for an FPS with only a handful of maps, enable modability, and then we shall talk.
why should they ditch origin?

Because I don't prefer a more glitchy, less efficient version of Steam on my system.

Steam is getting pretty clogged up anymore, it for sure isn't the benchmark everyone else should try to be. Origin actually works pretty well for me. I certainly wouldn't avoid a game because of a client but that is just me.

cool, are you anti DRM?

Partially.

I don't generally pirate games due to ethical concerns, and I have a hard time justifying it against theft as a Christian. That being said, I understand piracy is a huge problem, and the need for -some- non intrusive steps to be taken into place so game manufacturers can be compensated fairly. I'm only anti-DRM if it allows a fixed quantity of installations on a device.

That being said, I'm fine with both Steam and Origin from a standpoint that they do the same thing in that capacity - You log on, download a game, and play the game.

Part of my issues with Origin is that it has behaved glitchy in the past, and caused some performance issues on certain devices. It does not, to my knowledge, also cooperate with streaming over my LAN to an alternate device. I thoroughly enjoy being able to utilize my more expensive gaming rig (In the living room) from my $400 laptop (In my bedroom) to play whatever I want to nearly the same graphical capacity. With Steam, I can do that both with my laptop, and my SteamLink box.

Origin, last I checked, does not even want to attempt to bring this functionality into my household.

So yes, I consider it an inferior product that does not work as well. I do not consider it a complete abomination (Such as limited installation DRM), but I definitely factor it into my purchasing decisions.

Back