Battlefield V Physical Sales Down 63% Compared to Battlefield 1

I did what DICE told me to do.

Patrick said that if I disagreed with them rewriting history then I shouldn't buy them game.

He also said I was uneducated.

I did not and will never buy the game.

I own and have played every copy of Battlefield for PC, starting back with hundreds of hours in the original 1942.

DICE is dead to me.

Still remember "You have your gun? Good I have mine!" What a game BF2 was.

This. BF2 was my digital crack. The only thing DICE did right with 3,4,5,1 was to get rid of the spawn killing that was rampant in BF2.
Other than that, meh.

Reactions: filip
like this
Mmm I feel like you guys are internalizing a bit. I highly doubt the average Battlefield gamer really gives a fuck about equality one way or the other. I think just it's a combination of franchise exhaustion and timing. It kinda feels like Battlefield 1 just came out. Personally I was hoping for anything but WWII. Im kinda burnt out on it. I'd rather a new Cold War game or 2142-esque BF. I still picked it up, I'm having fun. If tweenager incels feel alienated and don't buy it I'm sure I'll totally miss being called racist and homophobic names in chat with them gone.

This is my own conspiracy theory, but..is it just me or does the cover look identical to Battlefield 1? It's a chick now, but I had to do a doubletake when I was at the store not sure if it was Battlefield 1 or V.

Given that the game sucks, it's not surprising. Recon camping is epidemic with people showing absurd K/D ratios early in the game (cheating?) I'll wait for the patch release and see if it's any better, but I still have BF4 and BF1 to play.

I would put bad company 2 just below BF2 tbh. Last time I was in love with a BF for sure.

Honestly they are releasing too many BF games too soon for them to be special anymore. Take a break. Wait for ps5, and deliver something that we can't live without.

Same, maybe its nostalgia but Bad Company 2 is still my favorite BF. This game feels rushed.

time to switch to a biennial release schedule...a yearly release is a bad thing for any game...I'm surprised BF and CoD have lasted this long doing it

I like the ganeplay on BF5... its just I like to be able to see the person shooing... In BF5 I can be hiding behind an object and still get shot... its like the other side has aiming bullets on me

I like the ganeplay on BF5... its just I like to be able to see the person shooing... In BF5 I can be hiding behind an object and still get shot... its like the other side has aiming bullets on me

Man have you played bad company 2, these new battlefield games look like shit compared to it. Can't even compare the game play between the two it's like they were made by different companies.

Meh. Bf4 is has a large of group of players and im tired of ww 1 and ww2 games times . Charge 60 dollars for a buggy and incomplete game. It's like fallout and dice trying to out do each other on how bad the can do.

So at least in my circle and I consider myself to have a bigger than average circle of gamer friends ... no one and I do mean no one is talking about Battlefield 5 .... I doubt there is much interest .... they have Asian women in the game, female voices .. I mean, that's not WW2 ... it's not a man vs woman thing either ... it's just history and sorry EA and others that think this should be ok .. no it shouldn't for the simple fact those numbers were very very tiny. It just doesn't merit at place on stage which Battlefield 5 game them. Let's also not talk about how literally almost nothing looks like WW2 in the game, at least to me. And the maps are tiny ... a fking joke.

I'm glad this game is doing poorly. I hope they lose millions upon millions of dollars. I hope the pain is so great that the president and his cronies lose their jobs and that they never ever try and create a fantasy WW2 game again.

Poor sales? Makes me very very very happy.

I wouldn't even buy this game for $9.99

I’d pay 20 bucks for this game right now if it was on Steam. I’m done having 4 storefront, never using Origin or Uplay again. Games suck anyway.

Sports games aren't in this argument as fans will constantly pay for the roster changes, new plays, new stadiums etc... GTA where yes on their 5 iteration has major strides and differences between them all with years in between their release cycles. Heck the first two were top down play. COD is the only one that can touch the repetition of BF, and their sales are showing it. They are all copy pastes of the previous successes made worse over time.

Reminds me of this from 6th day.

03241-2.jpg

Then dot's show which iterative clone I am. Combine that with a bit of multiplicity and you have idiot clones running around.

whether or not the sjw politics caused bad game sales, i am sure that the sjw trailer really turned alot away from watching anymore press and marketing releases from BF5

is it any good? even i don;t know. I just know it as another SJW sociopolitical platform (regardless of whether that is actually true or not) , with unimpressive raytracing.

This. BF2 was my digital crack. The only thing DICE did right with 3,4,5,1 was to get rid of the spawn killing that was rampant in BF2.
Other than that, meh.
I still play BF2 on a weekly basis, running the WWII mod Forgotten Hope 2. I have over 215 hours of playtime over the past 4.5 years on the ranked servers (they even have their own ranked servers). They made a workaround for the GameSpy issue AND a server mod allowing 100 players at once. 50 vs 50 is pretty insane, especially when you have teamwork. I am ranked 36th in the US (out of 3621 US players) on the ranked servers.

I tried 1 round on the BFV beta and was not impressed, just like I was on BF 3, 4, and 1. Way too twitch for me. I want more strategy with multiple types of vehicles and aircraft.

This is the first BF game I haven't bought since BFBC2 almost 9 years ago (besides hardline, that really wasn't a BF game). I did "rent" BFV for a month and within a day found out it is indeed terrible. The first few minutes into the game, a black female character with a trenchcoat and what looked like a fireman hat goes running past me screaming. Yes, you literally hear other players (especially women characters) screaming in this game. How the mighty have fallen.

While blame could be placed on the shift to digital sales, Battlefield V has managed to sell less than half the physical copies Battlefield 1 did upon launch. Eurogamer, which called the game “a mess,” suggests there is no legitimate excuse for those numbers: “it sold fewer than half the physical copies of this year's Call of Duty: Black Ops 4.” Others say Battlefield V is the latest victim of the “get woke” initiative, as DICE made things political and antagonized fans by telling them not to buy the game. The company even mocked critics during the game’s launch party, parading quotes such as “Genderfield 5!” and “White Men! White Men! White Men!” on a display.

Historically, AAA games that get off to horrible sales starts usually don’t recover. Sometimes they’re able to retain a playerbase if they can fix things up nice and neat, but they almost never go on to become a sales force, with the rare exception of Ubisoft’s Rainbow Six: Siege. But beyond that anomaly, most other games that falter off the starting line just sink lower from there. And given that Battlefield V has been revealed to be nothing more than social engineering from DICE and EA, and that the company told gamers that they were “uneducated” for not buying into the agitprop, it’s unlikely that sales will ever kickstart for the game.

My take on this is that there is more than reason why this game isn't doing well. It's another in a long list of the franchise that doesn't really bring anything new to the table. Its just another WWII game which is a genre people are probably bored with at this point. Secondly, the DICE games are a total cluster fuck out of the gate and people are tired of waiting two weeks to get the game up to a usable state with patches. Beyond that, that, "get woke" bullshit pisses off the core customer base. What these hipster douches fail to understand is that alienating your core customer base with garbage SJW identify politics isn't a good way to sell games. Doubling down on antagonizing the core customer base isn't helping either.

Get woke, go broke. It's that simple. We don't want your SJW horseshit. These idiots don't understand that we don't mind women in games. A lot of BF's core customers are probably the same guys with half a dozen female characters in MMO's, 2 or 3 FemSheps in Mass Effect and a collection of Tomb Raider games. The problem is that revisionist history and identity politics being shoehorned into a game and being told we hate women when we don't doesn't make us want to buy into an annual or bi-annual release of a game we essentially already have.

Considering most people playing medic don't pick anyone up... EVERYONE being able to buddy rez was smart.

Medic class still has its uses, of quick heals and unlimited medic kits for themselves.. (even tho they cant get themselves back up which I found dumb..)

Saying BFV is "Terrible" however, is far fetch.

you can still throw down the medical boxes any wheres, same with Ammo. They just dont AOE heal/replenish ammo.

Does anyone here have a study of the core customer base of the Battle Field Series? It seems to be some known factor even though its played online anonymously.

Eh, by the time you hit the 5th iteration, a not insignificant percentage of your customer base isn't likely to be quite as fired up about a new release. That isn't to say they might not pick it up a bit later, but the urgency isn't there.

The comparison is also being drawn against CoD, one of the most recycled franchises in gaming history where each iteration is almost a carbon copy of the predecessor. If DICE is struggling to sell half the physical copies of BO4, taken together with the massive slump in sales compared to BF1 , then its probably because they utterly pissed off their customer base with their shenanigans.

It’s almost like people don’t enjoy having agendas forced upon them and then to be mocked for expressing displeasure.

All these dumb ass university students coming out having been brainwashed by liberal psychophant communist professors that are ruining society.

Ya'll have lost your minds with this liberal/conservative political nonsense, it's a game!... and a good one at that. It's not claiming to be a history lesson. How have we all become so sensitive?

Have most of you complaining played the game?

I'm absolutely loving it this game. The weapons feel great, the player and destruction animations are the best I've seen in a game, and the maps look incredible. There are some elements that need to be tweaked, but all in all I think this has potential to be the best BF game yet and I've played them all except BC1. All of my friends I play online with are feeling the same.

Ya'll have lost your minds with this liberal/conservative political nonsense, it's a game!... and a good one at that. It's not claiming to be a history lesson. How have we all become so sensitive?

Have most of you complaining played the game?

I'm absolutely loving it this game. The weapons feel great, the player and destruction animations are the best I've seen in a game, and the maps look incredible. There are some elements that need to be tweaked, but all in all I think this has potential to be the best BF game yet and I've played them all except BC1. All of my friends I play online with are feeling the same.

tumblr_lwudgwhIJv1qh87wbo1_1280.jpg

Physical? What the hell is that, just more junk . Lolllllllllll being a pc gamer I havent bought a copie of game since xbox 360 launch... Yeahhhhhh ....

Now it's happening to console gamer more and more are buying online . In my case it's actually faster to download the game then to install from disk lol

It's not the content of the game that is the problem, it is the attitude.
They could've said we're doing an idealized version of WWII that fits modern politics, but instead they said this is historically accurate deal with it or gtfo. But you'd have to be living under a rock to don't know that, so I guess I'm wasting my time replying to a troll post here.

I got a 10 hour trial version after DMing the EAhelp twitter. I definitely wont buy it at 60, on sale for 40 right now. I might pick it up if it goes on for 20 or less.

Given that the game sucks, it's not surprising. Recon camping is epidemic with people showing absurd K/D ratios early in the game (cheating?) I'll wait for the patch release and see if it's any better, but I still have BF4 and BF1 to play.

This is why the game is only fun for an hour or so at a time and then becomes infuriating if you're trying to defend or cap flags. You can't move anywhere without half the team just camping and sniping because from any given point on most of the maps you can see far too much. Way too many sightlines that encourage people to just camp away. It's not only recon though, support guns are WAY too accurate.

Does anyone here have a study of the core customer base of the Battle Field Series? It seems to be some known factor even though its played online anonymously.

Ummm, Males age 18 to 35 from low and middle class socio-economic standings. That shouldn't be news to anyone...

Edit: Another captain obvious for you here, but shockingly, violence, aggressiveness, and competitiveness correlates to the percentage of the player base being male. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to tell you that the player base for Kane and Lynch had an overwhelmingly larger male representation than Mario Party.

Last edited:
Personally I thought BF1942 was the best of the series, although I am probably in the minority on that. The physics were just so awesome, shelling near people and watching them fly like 100 feet in the air.

Oh look! The "SJW" obsessed alt righties are still outraged about pretty much everything.

#poorme as a response to #metoo

The internet is the saddest soap opera in human history.

The stuff that this wanker is referring to is probably starting to come home to roost.

Ummm, Males age 18 to 35 from low and middle class socio-economic standings. That shouldn't be news to anyone...

Edit: Another captain obvious for you here, but shockingly, violence, aggressiveness, and competitiveness correlates to the percentage of the player base being male. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to tell you that the player base for Kane and Lynch had an overwhelmingly larger male representation than Mario Party.
That's not a study done on this game but ok. That's not really better than the other info I've seen. Don't see why people get cagey and aggressive when you ask for data

It's not horrible, but it's not great either, and it has nothing to do with female soldiers. That's actually done fine. You can pick a female soldier if you want. That's it.

The bigger issue is the huge open field / very potent infantry weapons / skytank bombers / paper tanks issue. It makes the wide open fields just grinders as you can't do actual panzergrenadier tactics very well (since you'll very quickly lack said panzer).

That's not a study done on this game but ok. That's not really better than the other info I've seen. Don't see why people get cagey and aggressive when you ask for data
Because if you were sincerely asking for data, your google search works just as well as mine.

Back