Battlefield V Physical Sales Down 63% Compared to Battlefield 1

Discussion in 'HardForum Tech News' started by Megalith, Dec 2, 2018.

1. Skylinestar

Skylinestar Limp Gawd

Kid: "Dad, how was Battlefield 1?"
    Dad: "So good that I almost missed your mom."

2. mavrocket

mavrocket [H]ard|Gawd

I did what DICE told me to do.

Patrick said that if I disagreed with them rewriting history then I shouldn't buy them game.

He also said I was uneducated.

I did not and will never buy the game.

I own and have played every copy of Battlefield for PC, starting back with hundreds of hours in the original 1942.

DICE is dead to me.

N4CR, LightsOut41, Meeho and 2 others like this.
  3. CAD4466HK

CAD4466HK [H]ard|Gawd

This. BF2 was my digital crack. The only thing DICE did right with 3,4,5,1 was to get rid of the spawn killing that was rampant in BF2.
    Other than that, meh.

filip likes this.
  4. piscian18

piscian18 [H]ardForum Junkie

Mmm I feel like you guys are internalizing a bit. I highly doubt the average Battlefield gamer really gives a fuck about equality one way or the other. I think just it's a combination of franchise exhaustion and timing. It kinda feels like Battlefield 1 just came out. Personally I was hoping for anything but WWII. Im kinda burnt out on it. I'd rather a new Cold War game or 2142-esque BF. I still picked it up, I'm having fun. If tweenager incels feel alienated and don't buy it I'm sure I'll totally miss being called racist and homophobic names in chat with them gone.

This is my own conspiracy theory, but..is it just me or does the cover look identical to Battlefield 1? It's a chick now, but I had to do a doubletake when I was at the store not sure if it was Battlefield 1 or V.

MrTryfe, DPI, 5150Joker and 1 other person like this.
  5. DKS

DKS Limp Gawd

Given that the game sucks, it's not surprising. Recon camping is epidemic with people showing absurd K/D ratios early in the game (cheating?) I'll wait for the patch release and see if it's any better, but I still have BF4 and BF1 to play.

Flogger23m and Nokia like this.
  6. piscian18

piscian18 [H]ardForum Junkie

Same, maybe its nostalgia but Bad Company 2 is still my favorite BF. This game feels rushed.

7. polonyc2

polonyc2 [H]ard as it Gets

time to switch to a biennial release schedule...a yearly release is a bad thing for any game...I'm surprised BF and CoD have lasted this long doing it

8. robjordan406

robjordan406 Limp Gawd

I like the ganeplay on BF5... its just I like to be able to see the person shooing... In BF5 I can be hiding behind an object and still get shot... its like the other side has aiming bullets on me

9. BladeDancer314

BladeDancer314 [H]Lite

It is... Almost....

I will not be purchasing BFV

10. filip

filip [H]ard|Gawd

Man have you played bad company 2, these new battlefield games look like shit compared to it. Can't even compare the game play between the two it's like they were made by different companies.

11. Nokia

Nokia [H]ard|Gawd

Meh. Bf4 is has a large of group of players and im tired of ww 1 and ww2 games times . Charge 60 dollars for a buggy and incomplete game. It's like fallout and dice trying to out do each other on how bad the can do.

12. SixFootDuo

SixFootDuo [H]ardness Supreme

So at least in my circle and I consider myself to have a bigger than average circle of gamer friends ... no one and I do mean no one is talking about Battlefield 5 .... I doubt there is much interest .... they have Asian women in the game, female voices .. I mean, that's not WW2 ... it's not a man vs woman thing either ... it's just history and sorry EA and others that think this should be ok .. no it shouldn't for the simple fact those numbers were very very tiny. It just doesn't merit at place on stage which Battlefield 5 game them. Let's also not talk about how literally almost nothing looks like WW2 in the game, at least to me. And the maps are tiny ... a fking joke.

I'm glad this game is doing poorly. I hope they lose millions upon millions of dollars. I hope the pain is so great that the president and his cronies lose their jobs and that they never ever try and create a fantasy WW2 game again.

Poor sales? Makes me very very very happy.

I wouldn't even buy this game for $9.99

13. Joust

Joust 2[H]4U

I'd probably buy at $30. Meh.

14. RobCalleg

RobCalleg Limp Gawd

I’d pay 20 bucks for this game right now if it was on Steam. I’m done having 4 storefront, never using Origin or Uplay again. Games suck anyway.

15. Grimlaking

Grimlaking 2[H]4U

Reminds me of this from 6th day.

03241-2.jpg
    Then dot's show which iterative clone I am. Combine that with a bit of multiplicity and you have idiot clones running around.

16. HockeyJon

HockeyJon [H]ard|Gawd

Might try this when it’s 60% off right after Christmas.

17. theBrownLlama

theBrownLlama Gawd

whether or not the sjw politics caused bad game sales, i am sure that the sjw trailer really turned alot away from watching anymore press and marketing releases from BF5

is it any good? even i don;t know. I just know it as another SJW sociopolitical platform (regardless of whether that is actually true or not) , with unimpressive raytracing.

18. [21CW]killerofall

[21CW]killerofall Aliens...

I still play BF2 on a weekly basis, running the WWII mod Forgotten Hope 2. I have over 215 hours of playtime over the past 4.5 years on the ranked servers (they even have their own ranked servers). They made a workaround for the GameSpy issue AND a server mod allowing 100 players at once. 50 vs 50 is pretty insane, especially when you have teamwork. I am ranked 36th in the US (out of 3621 US players) on the ranked servers.

I tried 1 round on the BFV beta and was not impressed, just like I was on BF 3, 4, and 1. Way too twitch for me. I want more strategy with multiple types of vehicles and aircraft.

CAD4466HK and Delicieuxz like this.
  19. Vega

Vega [H]ardness Supreme

This is the first BF game I haven't bought since BFBC2 almost 9 years ago (besides hardline, that really wasn't a BF game). I did "rent" BFV for a month and within a day found out it is indeed terrible. The first few minutes into the game, a black female character with a trenchcoat and what looked like a fireman hat goes running past me screaming. Yes, you literally hear other players (especially women characters) screaming in this game. How the mighty have fallen.

20. Dan_D

Dan_D [H]ard as it Gets

My take on this is that there is more than reason why this game isn't doing well. It's another in a long list of the franchise that doesn't really bring anything new to the table. Its just another WWII game which is a genre people are probably bored with at this point. Secondly, the DICE games are a total cluster fuck out of the gate and people are tired of waiting two weeks to get the game up to a usable state with patches. Beyond that, that, "get woke" bullshit pisses off the core customer base. What these hipster douches fail to understand is that alienating your core customer base with garbage SJW identify politics isn't a good way to sell games. Doubling down on antagonizing the core customer base isn't helping either.

Get woke, go broke. It's that simple. We don't want your SJW horseshit. These idiots don't understand that we don't mind women in games. A lot of BF's core customers are probably the same guys with half a dozen female characters in MMO's, 2 or 3 FemSheps in Mass Effect and a collection of Tomb Raider games. The problem is that revisionist history and identity politics being shoehorned into a game and being told we hate women when we don't doesn't make us want to buy into an annual or bi-annual release of a game we essentially already have.

N4CR, Bcc335, Dahkoht and 2 others like this.
  21. Squall_Rinoa89

Squall_Rinoa89 Limp Gawd

Considering most people playing medic don't pick anyone up... EVERYONE being able to buddy rez was smart.

Medic class still has its uses, of quick heals and unlimited medic kits for themselves.. (even tho they cant get themselves back up which I found dumb..)

Saying BFV is "Terrible" however, is far fetch.

you can still throw down the medical boxes any wheres, same with Ammo. They just dont AOE heal/replenish ammo.

22. {NG}Fidel

{NG}Fidel [H]ardness Supreme

Does anyone here have a study of the core customer base of the Battle Field Series? It seems to be some known factor even though its played online anonymously.

23. Blade-Runner

Blade-Runner 2[H]4U

The comparison is also being drawn against CoD, one of the most recycled franchises in gaming history where each iteration is almost a carbon copy of the predecessor. If DICE is struggling to sell half the physical copies of BO4, taken together with the massive slump in sales compared to BF1 , then its probably because they utterly pissed off their customer base with their shenanigans.

24. tangoseal

tangoseal [H]ardness Supreme

All these dumb ass university students coming out having been brainwashed by liberal psychophant communist professors that are ruining society.

25. dangerouseddy

dangerouseddy Gawd

well if they'd designed decent maps and stayed off twitter it might have sold more.

26. Tych-0

Tych-0 Gawd

Ya'll have lost your minds with this liberal/conservative political nonsense, it's a game!... and a good one at that. It's not claiming to be a history lesson. How have we all become so sensitive?

Have most of you complaining played the game?

I'm absolutely loving it this game. The weapons feel great, the player and destruction animations are the best I've seen in a game, and the maps look incredible. There are some elements that need to be tweaked, but all in all I think this has potential to be the best BF game yet and I've played them all except BC1. All of my friends I play online with are feeling the same.

27. Blade-Runner

Blade-Runner 2[H]4U

There was a public beta, everyone complaining has played the game. Time to find a different strawman argument.

28. DPI

DPI Nitpick Police

tumblr_lwudgwhIJv1qh87wbo1_1280.jpg

29. Blade-Runner

Blade-Runner 2[H]4U

30. Ryoohki360

Ryoohki360 Gawd

Physical? What the hell is that, just more junk . Lolllllllllll being a pc gamer I havent bought a copie of game since xbox 360 launch... Yeahhhhhh ....

Now it's happening to console gamer more and more are buying online . In my case it's actually faster to download the game then to install from disk lol

31. M76

M76 [H]ardForum Junkie

It's not the content of the game that is the problem, it is the attitude.
    They could've said we're doing an idealized version of WWII that fits modern politics, but instead they said this is historically accurate deal with it or gtfo. But you'd have to be living under a rock to don't know that, so I guess I'm wasting my time replying to a troll post here.

32. Sikkyu

Sikkyu I Question Reality

I got a 10 hour trial version after DMing the EAhelp twitter. I definitely wont buy it at 60, on sale for 40 right now. I might pick it up if it goes on for 20 or less.

33. TheMadHatterXxX

TheMadHatterXxX 2[H]4U

This is why the game is only fun for an hour or so at a time and then becomes infuriating if you're trying to defend or cap flags. You can't move anywhere without half the team just camping and sniping because from any given point on most of the maps you can see far too much. Way too many sightlines that encourage people to just camp away. It's not only recon though, support guns are WAY too accurate.

34. DNMock

DNMock Limp Gawd

Ummm, Males age 18 to 35 from low and middle class socio-economic standings. That shouldn't be news to anyone...

Edit: Another captain obvious for you here, but shockingly, violence, aggressiveness, and competitiveness correlates to the percentage of the player base being male. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to tell you that the player base for Kane and Lynch had an overwhelmingly larger male representation than Mario Party.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
  35. kohl

kohl Limp Gawd

Personally I thought BF1942 was the best of the series, although I am probably in the minority on that. The physics were just so awesome, shelling near people and watching them fly like 100 feet in the air.

36. Twisted Kidney

Twisted Kidney 2[H]4U

Oh look! The "SJW" obsessed alt righties are still outraged about pretty much everything.

#poorme as a response to #metoo

The internet is the saddest soap opera in human history.

The stuff that this wanker is referring to is probably starting to come home to roost.

DPI and {NG}Fidel like this.
  37. {NG}Fidel

That's not a study done on this game but ok. That's not really better than the other info I've seen. Don't see why people get cagey and aggressive when you ask for data

38. PhaseNoise

PhaseNoise [H]ard|Gawd

It's not horrible, but it's not great either, and it has nothing to do with female soldiers. That's actually done fine. You can pick a female soldier if you want. That's it.

The bigger issue is the huge open field / very potent infantry weapons / skytank bombers / paper tanks issue. It makes the wide open fields just grinders as you can't do actual panzergrenadier tactics very well (since you'll very quickly lack said panzer).

Gatecrasher3000 likes this.
  39. DNMock

DNMock Limp Gawd

Because if you were sincerely asking for data, your google search works just as well as mine.

40. {NG}Fidel

Sorry to expect people to back up their opinions. I know how difficult that can be