Battlefield V Minimum Requirements Announced

rgMekanic

[H]ard|News
A report from DSOGaming states that the minimum requirements for Battlefield V have been posted, and it's looking like quite a powerful system will be required.

You will need:
Processor: FX 6350 or i5 6600k
8GB of RAM
GPU: HD 7850 2GB or GTX 660 2GB
and 50GB of HDD space.

DSOGaming states that the requirements were posted to the Origin store page for Battlefield V, but are absent at the time of writing.

DICE has partnered with NVIDIA for Battlefield 5. NVIDIA’s engineers are working with the Battlefield V developers to bring the best aspects of the GeForce gaming platform to bear for PC gamers. As such, GeForce Experience will deliver Game Ready drivers, Optimal Playable settings, and other NVIDIA-platform features for Battlefield V.

I am pretty sure if Bluehole tried to sue EA they would just drag it out till Bluehole was broke then buy what was left over then turn PUBG into a yearly updated game. PUBG 2021, 2022, 2023 Ultimate Edition, 2024 Collectors edition containing the new map for 2024 as well as the previous years maps for $3.99 each as DLC.

Those are the exact same requirements as Battlefield 1, including the 50 GB HDD space.

I wonder if they mistook the Bf1 requirements. Or, maybe EA used the Bf1 Origin page as a template for the Bf5 Origin page, and simply forgot to remove the requirements when it launched.

https://www.origin.com/can/en-us/store/battlefield/battlefield-1#store-page-section-requirements

Battlefield 1 Minimum Requirements

Processor (AMD): AMD FX-6350
Processor (Intel): Intel Core i5 6600K
Memory: 8GB RAM
Graphics card (AMD): AMD Radeon™ HD 7850 2GB
Graphics card (NVIDIA): NVIDIA GeForce® GTX 660 2GB
DirectX: 11.0 Compatible video card or equivalent
Online Connection Requirements: 512 KBPS or faster Internet connection
Hard-drive space: 50GB

Those are the exact same requirements as Battlefield 1, including the 50 GB HDD space.

I wonder if they mistook the Bf1 requirements. Or, maybe EA used the Bf1 Origin page as a template for the Bf5 Origin page, and simply forgot to remove the requirements when it launched.

https://www.origin.com/can/en-us/store/battlefield/battlefield-1#store-page-section-requirements

Battlefield 1 Minimum Requirements

Processor (AMD): AMD FX-6350
Processor (Intel): Intel Core i5 6600K
Memory: 8GB RAM
Graphics card (AMD): AMD Radeon™ HD 7850 2GB
Graphics card (NVIDIA): NVIDIA GeForce® GTX 660 2GB
DirectX: 11.0 Compatible video card or equivalent
Online Connection Requirements: 512 KBPS or faster Internet connection
Hard-drive space: 50GB

It's more likely that it is the same game engine, with new textures, and a few minor updates and optimizations.

I think it is less about performance in this case but instead of raw core count and instruction sets.

If I buy more instruction sets will that increase performance, similar to how if I buy a bigger HDD my PC will go faster too?

(sorry I had to)

geez fella's how many game releases have you seen through the years and you're still commenting as though you're guessing about those min specs for the first time

Doesn't really seem like that powerful of a system to me... All 4+ year old tech.

Official requirements were always stupid as far as I Can remember. The exception is when they seem reasonable.

I'm going by the Battlefield requirements. It's not like they're asking for a FX 8350 or a Ryzen, but for Intel they're asking for a 6600K. Not a 2500k but a 6600K. That's odd.
Because they're freemasons and already know about spectredown variant V that will cut performance by 57% on Intel.

Lot of gamers sitting on old tech. I have a 6850 myself just because it was 100$ when I was building.

Seems unreasonably high.

Lot of gamers sitting on old tech. I have a 6850 myself just because it was 100$ when I was building.

Seems unreasonably high.

One of the nice things about pc games is that they often push the limits and look much much better than console games.

Your biggest market is not people who spend the absolute minimum on a gaming pc as they likely don't buy games at launch but wait for sales, your customers are the higher end machines.

And I personally want games to look better and spend time working on getting them to run on current hardware, not legacy stuff.

Wife uses a i5 3470 and a 290x for BF1. Plays just fine with medium-high settings @2560x1080. I was planing on upgrading her to a Ryzen build to play BF5. Don't think I'll have to now.

From what I've seen so far about Battlefield V, the "V" is for vagina because strong vvomen fighting in WW2.

Pretty sure they're gonna be running doughnuts to the boys on the front lines...

donutGirl.jpg

Need to add sell your soul, give up your dignity and self respect to the list of requirements

So, really all you need is a console. At the end of the teasers, it said, "plays best on XB1." Good news is you don't need a new PC to play it, but IMHO that's not a good thing. I wonder what the motherboard, GPU and processor manufacturers think about it. It used to be new AAA games drove innovation this is disgusting. Now they are interested in Team play, that's a joke. Where were they when we could buy our own servers, choose who we play with and kick who we don't. Oh, yea, they got rid of that and destroyed Clans, but hey gamers don't have more than three friends they could possibly play with, right?
Here's hoping World War 3 is great, but even if it isn't at least it's made for PC.

Finally a game where the recommended hardware between Intel/AMD and Nvidia/AMD is logical.
I get pissed when the recommended between hardware is ridiculously off.

My requirement is not to buy the game. I was hoping for a clean cut New age battlefield.

So, really all you need is a console. At the end of the teasers, it said, "plays best on XB1." Good news is you don't need a new PC to play it, but IMHO that's not a good thing. I wonder what the motherboard, GPU and processor manufacturers think about it. It used to be new AAA games drove innovation this is disgusting. Now they are interested in Team play, that's a joke. Where were they when we could buy our own servers, choose who we play with and kick who we don't. Oh, yea, they got rid of that and destroyed Clans, but hey gamers don't have more than three friends they could possibly play with, right?
Here's hoping World War 3 is great, but even if it isn't at least it's made for PC.

Console versions sell more, I completely understand why they cater to the majority, although it sucks for us, it is a business after all.

vgcharts for

Battlefield 1
Total sales in units as of May 24th 2018
Ps4 7.26m
xbone 5.11m
PC 0.77m

Battlefield 4 as of jan 04 2018
ps4 3.94m
ps3 3.64m
xbox360 3.54m
xbone 2.09m
pc 1.39m