Battlefield V Microtransactions Coming January 2019

Discussion in 'HardForum Tech News' started by Megalith, Dec 23, 2018.

1. dandirk

dandirk [H]ard|Gawd

I remember when you got or found things in game... Skill achievements/badges blah blah blah was the beginning of the "stats" meta we are seeing today. Gamers apparently can't play a game just to play a game anymore they have to be "achieving" something... you know something other than fun.

vegeta535 and GSDragoon like this.
  2. Private_Ops

Private_Ops [H]ard|Gawd

I think they've done switched to diesel and fertilizer at this point.

viscountalpha likes this.
  3. Arcygenical

Arcygenical Will Watercool for Crack

This will certainly help convert the holdouts and aid in restoring EAs stock price to the earlier status quo. /s

4. Shoganai

Shoganai Limp Gawd

Lol ... their game is selling like garbage and their solution is to push people away from it further with micro transactions? Makes sense. :confused:

Or napalm. Also, never heard of a diesel/fertilizer mix. Looked it up and learned something new. :)

5. JR688755

JR688755 n00b

Sorry Captain Grumpy Pants games have always been competitive. Go back to days of Tetris and Space Invaders and people would compete in that. You didn’t have to grind to “unlock” things that would help you advance - it was based on skill.

You missed the whole point that games were made “complete” where you can be rewarded for your skill right away if you are good. Now almost every game has a grind element to it where it can take an exorbitant amount of time where you may lose interest in the game before you unlock/advance or for just a “small fee” you can get it right now!

Due to this element games have become more of a chore rather than a form of entertainment.

vegeta535 likes this.
  6. Crotan

Crotan Gawd

I have to disagree a bit, I feel like all the latest games you rank up and unlock entirely too quickly. I associate that to the ADHD population that can’t stay focused on long achievements so developers have moved to quick unlocks/ achievements. I remember some of the awards in battlefield 2 requiring 100s of hours. Now In battlefield V mastery assignments take what 15 headshots. . On the flip side because people complain so much the first guns are some of the best in battlefield V, so it’s tough catering to everyone. I continue to enjoy the battlefield games.

7. spaceman

spaceman [H]ardForum Junkie

I still have slim hopes that ea will have a come to jeebus moment and fix atone for their sins. I am not expecting it. Just hoping. If not, this is the last battlefield.

8. TheOne&OnlyZeke

TheOne&OnlyZeke 100% Irish

Its just cosmetics guys. Calm down. Yall overreacting

If someone wants to buy a skin that makes him look like a giant peacock, let them off. makes it easier for me to kill them ingame

9. Zarathustra[H]

Zarathustra[H] Official Forum Curmudgeon

10. aokman

aokman Gawd

Glad I didnt buy this POS. Any game with in game transactions and “unlocks” or ranking needs to fuking die in a fire.

11. Zarathustra[H]

Zarathustra[H] Official Forum Curmudgeon

As long as there are idiots who are willing to pay them money in microtransactions, they will keep doing it.

It's a business. It's all about the money.

12. opfreak

opfreak Gawd

you hired a bunch of diversity mangers because that's what the #Metoo movement wants, and you want to look good to #metoo.

13. Dekoth-E-

Dekoth-E- [H]ardness Supreme

The moment you include upgrades and gear is the moment the game becomes P2W bullshit. Fuck that. I have zero objections to cosmetics, if people want to spend money on that, Good for them! Things that give you an advantage in game? No..No No No And Fucking NO.

14. motomonkey

motomonkey [H]ard|Gawd

If you really want to learn something interesting, look up Ammonium nitrate and racing fuel (Nitromethane)

Shoganai likes this.
  15. Viper16

Viper16 [H]ard|Gawd

The problem with games these days, is of course the grinding. The grind is there because if it was not, the content they are providing would be extremely short. The gaming industry has lost all of their creativity and talent just to shit out another quarterly mediocre game, to satisfy the needy investors to turn a quick profit. micro-transactions helped non of these problems, except the temporary satisfaction to the ignorant/blind investors.

Blade-Runner likes this.
  16. dandirk

dandirk [H]ard|Gawd

Never said anything about competition positive or negative... I was commenting on how games "get stale" from some newer gamers if devs don't constantly offer skins and new badges/achievements or basically anything to tell/affirm the players they are progressing or doing something rather than just enjoying the game (and competition can be fun). Anything other than actual game play content.

I agree with you completely on the grind and skill portion.

I just see a lot of people demanding what I like to call pointless content in many cases above actual game play content.