Battlefield V Battle Royale Footage Leaks Online

AlphaAtlas

[H]ard|Gawd
Staff member
We haven't heard much about Battlefield V's "Firestorm" battle royale mode, but footage of the new mode has allegedly leaked online. The leak comes straight from EA's own website, and appears to be a tutorial for the game's mechanics. At the time of this writing, the video was still up, but I took the liberty of grabbing it, cleaning it up, and uploading it to YouTube just in case EA takes the original video down.

Check out the video here.

Among other things, the video suggests there will be solo, duo, and squad modes, and players will supposedly start the game by dropping in from the sky, just like other major battle royale titles. Weapons will come in 3 different "rarity" tiers, and ammo will be shareable among your squadmates. The narrator calls firestorm an "even playing field," and mentions that there will be no class-specific benefits.

/me gets up walk to the bathroom mirror and say " nothing to see here or play here, move along and hope for a more simple game"

ZZZZZzzzzZZZZZZzzzzzz

Only thing vaguely interesting in that was the german helicopter, besides that meh. Another creep around the map campathon.

Should have called it "Blitzkrieg". And used this song in the demonstration, would have been way cooler :cool:

193409_upload_2019-2-9_19-24-33.png

'Member when BF 2-3-4 were a fun and different combined arms experience from everything else?

I always felt like Battlefield and Call of Duty multiplayer were essentially the same. Poor immitations of Counter-Strike.

All the pimply teenagers experimenting with the latest obscenities they learned in middle school, spamming them over voice comm made them essentially unbearable. I consider BF and CoD the lowest of the low in lowest common denominator gaming. :p

Some of them have semi-OK single player campaigns though.

Last edited:
I always felt like Battlefield and Call of Duty multiplayer were essentially the same. Poor immitations of Counter-Strike.

All the pimply teenagers experimenting with the latest obscenities they learned in middle school, spamming them over voice comm made them essentially unbearable. I consider BF and CoD the lowest of the low in lowest common denominator gaming. :p

The original CoD wasn't too bad in terms of screaming children in public matches, multiplayer has been pretty miserable in everything since CoD4/MW though.

In defense of BF, at least they held out the longest with this battle royal crap (technically). CS:GO fully embraced that fad about a few months ago...

hqdefault.jpg

The original CoD wasn't too bad in terms of screaming children in public matches, multiplayer has been pretty miserable in everything since CoD4/MW though.

In defense of BF, at least they held out the longest with this battle royal crap (technically). CS:GO fully embraced that fad about a few months ago...

Also in defense of BF (at least the last few iterations) few people use mics, period. Which is a good thing as it cuts down spam. I typically mute mic volume in the settings because people talking are useless 99.9% of the time.

Until recently, BF felt quite a bit different from CoD, at least to me. The combined arms aspect really changed the feel. But the more recent versions diluted or altered this dynamic a lot, and not in a good way. I do not have an eloquent analysis of why exactly, but it is off now. I'm sure others could explain why it's broken better than I.
And then yes, it devolves into CoD. And that's not my cup of tea.

Last edited:
It's the corporate effect. Each game tries to emulate the most profitable type. So gaming has become this homogeneous drivel we see now.

Samey gamey.

Bingo!

Thing is, if half these companies would use that space between their ears to come up with good ideas they could BECOME the profitable company that other people model their games after. Instead its like watching a monkey fu***** a football. I guess of course the outcome would be the samey.....gamey.

Last edited:
This is the only Battle Royale I want to see:

51z7vqyOkjL.jpg

It is a good movie. It is worth a watch if you haven't seen it yet.

There was no sequel. Nope. It never existed. (it was garbage so I refuse to acknowledge it's existence)

It's the corporate effect. Each game tries to emulate the most profitable type. So gaming has become this homogeneous drivel we see now.

Samey gamey.

Once any studio gets bigger they become more mainstream. One of the first small developers to put their game on Steam was Tripwire Interactive. They put out a nice game, Red Orchestra. Essentially a more realistic Battlefield style game. They got hard to work on Red Orchestra 2 and it was trash. Many of the weapon handling and movement characteristics were even less realistic than Battlefield 3 which came out roughly at the same time. The overall pace was much faster, were cartoonish dialogue and whatnot. They were going for the Call of Duty audience with that game and many fans of the first one got pissed off and left.

At least Rising Storm 2 Vietnam is a big step up from the crap show that RO2 was though.

I guess I should have quit wishing for something other than all the zombie games a while back. Now it's all battle royale. Ugh. Sticking with single player for the foreseeable future.

Back