Battlefield Softline gets 5 Million suckers for Beta

Game is very fun and was pretty much bug free for me. I would preorder it if it wasn't for the fact that I really need to play some of the older titles I have already.

Oh boy they really suckered you into their FREE Beta that was rock solid.

Gameplay is fun.

Maps are well made.

Lots of fun weapons and great sound design.

Unique game modes and maps.

Fun progression system.

Fast arcade style gameplay.

Yeah let's hate on this game more Hardforum..... seriously nothing pleases you people.

I don't understand why people are so amazed by this game, it's basically a dumbed down APB.

I don't understand why people are so amazed by this game, it's basically a dumbed down APB.

I don't think anyone is amazed by it. None of my friends are getting it and they all still play BF4.

I doubt if it sells well either.

I didn't think I was playing APB at all when I was playing Hardline. I wish it was an updated APB as that game was decent at launch, but became pretty terrible with all the hackers and Pay2Win guns after it went F2P.

I think this game plays well but its butt fucking ugly for a "new" generation console game. Not only that but with BF4 on sale with all of its content and it being the same exact game why would you buy this one?

Its just BF4 skinned with cops and robbers. Its amazing that this is a full game and not an expansion to BF4.

do the developers of Payday get a cut of the profits?

It plays absolutely nothing like PayDay 1 or 2. I guess this means that PayDay 2 is a reskin of APB? :) Godmachine got the description 100% right.

yeah i dont get the suckers comment, its not like you had to pre order to get beta access.

In all honesty, yeah for what the beta gives as far as content availability, I'd call it an expansion to BF4. But seeing there are quite a few more maps, weapons and five other game modes in the final release, I may consider this a full game.

As others have said, it plays beautifully, as well, from not having any more shooters, it's nice to get on a server and do it up.

A wonderful free addition to my gaming arsenal, I may pick it up, depending on if my buddies are.

Call me a sucker, I don't care. I'm enjoying it.

Go enjoy your Diablos and Fairy MMOs....

I actually like it alot. Gameplay is a little fast for a battlefield serious. But i loved the game modes. Sound was awesome. Already pre ordered it.

*shrug* I've been busy with Dying Light and CSGO. I didn't bother with the beta and it doesn't really interest me. The gameplay trailers look horrendous. I don't know about APB thats a free roaming MMO not really the same thing, but yeah it's a clear ripoff of PAYDAY. Co-operative multi-objective heist game. I've watched the gameplay. Good or bad PAYDAY is in the fact the first game to do heist gameplay in this particular format.

That's not a bad thing, no reason to get butt hurt about it. No ones pissed that Crash or Sonic copied Mario. The Star wars Mod for Battlefield 1942 was fucking amazing. If battlefield offers nothing else it's at least a good foundation for this sort of thing.

I'm intrigued enough to go read the forums though for all its apologizing EA has really done nothing to earn me back as a customer. I'd be happy to be won back.

EDIT*:nvm I see theyre still using that stupid Battlelog browser. Nope no thanks.

Last edited:
I wish I could remember the brief time I played it. LoL But I will no doubt probably preorder it.

I played maybe max 4 hrs during the latest beta, was good. I was in the beta last year it's not bad will be interesting to see several patches after gold release

I played maybe max 4 hrs during the latest beta, was good. I was in the beta last year it's not bad will be interesting to see several patches after gold release

I played a lot of both betas and found it to be different. I still don't think it's worth the $59.99 on launch. I expect it to be dropped in price quicker than expected.

Back