Battlefield or COD? Help please hotties <3

Hi Everyone,

I've been away from FPS games for some years now, and I have the itch to start playing multiplayer FPS and even a little single player stuff.

Generally speaking, what are the current state of affairs for COD and Battlefield? Right now I was leaning toward Battlefield 4 instead of Hardline. I've always liked COD, but it seems like the DLC stuff has gotten way, way out of control and I'm not even sure how good the core game is.

I guess what is most important to me right now is good multiplayer. I would appreciate any help to update me and bring me current on these games.

Thanks!

From what I've heard, CoD is pretty dead on the PC side.

I've been reading that. Is CoD at least using dedicated servers these days or is it still matchmaking peer-to-peer stuff?

Battlefield 4 looks alright. Damn, I hate having to catch up on this stuff :(

I've been reading that. Is CoD at least using dedicated servers these days or is it still matchmaking peer-to-peer stuff?

Battlefield 4 looks alright. Damn, I hate having to catch up on this stuff :(

cod is garbage now. i did loved mw2 and bop1. its literally just the same rehashed tight maps, running and gunning. who ever gets the drop gets the kill.

ive also heard its dead on pc.
it seems like the franchise is honestly dying. each game is worst than the last and most people agree. yet they still buy the next one expecting something more and slowly leave.

bf4 is the best shooter for pc imo. im not sure the current price but im sure you can get bf4 + premium for less than hardline.

especially now since it runs fine for the most part

and im not just hacking on cod. bf is going in the same direction. yearly release which is buggy, and contains less content than the last game.
if battlefront sucks ill be done with ea/dice just as i am with the cod franchise.

BF4 is the best fps out right now in my opinion. BF4 > Hardline >>> COD AW. I actually enjoy all three games to some level but that's the order in my eyes. Currently all my play time is going to Hardline which is really fun, but on the whole BF4 is the better game.

and im not just hacking on cod. bf is going in the same direction. yearly release which is buggy, and contains less content than the last game.
I think the argument could be made that BF4 had too much content, and that they focused on gimmicky features before squashing the bugs before release.

After a year and half, the game still has its quirks, but still fun as hell. All the things they added were great, it's just that many people would have preferred less bugs and those features added afterwards.

I think the argument could be made that BF4 had too much content, and that they focused on gimmicky features before squashing the bugs before release.

After a year and half, the game still has its quirks, but still fun as hell. All the things they added were great, it's just that many people would have preferred less bugs and those features added afterwards.

I bought the game retail a long time ago but after reading everything about the bugs and matchmaking never opened it, maybe i should give it a go now, whats the pop like? did hardline take a bunch of the pop away?

Hardline is more like CoD than BF4 is, while still being a battlefield game. Based on your specific criteria, I'd go with that.

I bought the game retail a long time ago but after reading everything about the bugs and matchmaking never opened it, maybe i should give it a go now, whats the pop like? did hardline take a bunch of the pop away?
The population is only slightly less after the hardline launch. Some people left for hardline, some people play both, some people left and came back. The underlying game is very similar, but they play very different. People who want the faster pace and more infantry oriented tend to stay with hardline.

In a way BF4 is better than it has ever been. It still has its quirks, but overall no worse than BF3 was. Its a shame it took 9 months after release for it to get that way. The killcam is still horribly broken because it shows either the wrong weapon used by the enemy or the amount of damage you actually did to them, leading to a lot of people raging for the wrong reason. Overall though, the clan servers are holding up with plenty of 3rd party plugins for team balancing, active admins, and half decent cheat protection this go around. Fairfight anti-cheat works fairly well, but it does take several hours for it to have enough stats to ban hackers. Stay far far away from the "Official" servers since they can't have active admins kicking and bannings per EA rules (only punkbuster and Fairfight can admin the server), and don't use the "instant action" either. Ever since EA started the trial free to play period, hackers swarm the official servers and play for 3-4 hours, get banned by Fairfight, then open another account. Stick to Ranked servers only, they are denoted by a "~" in battlelog next to server name.

The real kick in the nuts to the game population will come winter when Battlefront releases.

BF4stats.com vs BFHstats.com

Also it is worth installing the free better battlelog which adds some nice features to battlelog.

CoD:AW is dead on the PC side most gamemodes are ghost-towns
Hardline will be dead by mid-Fall

and BF4 will keep on trucking IF, DICE is willing to make more content and continue patching...

BF4 is excellent. My only complaint is the modern weapons are a bit too "no skill". Javelins automatically lock on without requiring SOFLAM or lazing, airbursts can kill multiple people automatically just spamming it near a doorway...particularly in hardcore. Never was a fan of IRNV or FLIR either. More of a rush issue than conquest with the narrower approach areas.

Those minor complaints aside, it really is a very, very good game. BF3 really upped the expectation of large FPS games, and it's kind of amazing to me now looking back at how BF3/BF4 are kind of taken for granted now.

BF4 is excellent. My only complaint is the modern weapons are a bit too "no skill". Javelins automatically lock on without requiring SOFLAM or lazing, airbursts can kill multiple people automatically just spamming it near a doorway...particularly in hardcore. Never was a fan of IRNV or FLIR either. More of a rush issue than conquest with the narrower approach areas.

Those minor complaints aside, it really is a very, very good game. BF3 really upped the expectation of large FPS games, and it's kind of amazing to me now looking back at how BF3/BF4 are kind of taken for granted now.

What are you talking about with this forgranted BS? I've never seen someone so enjoy the scent of a turd. With BF3 and BF4, Dice & EA just cashed in on the immensely successful COD franchise by basically copying every skinner box mechanic from COD and slapping it onto BF3 in the everlasting chase for that almighty dollar. Both of the games suck and hardly anyone plays that garbage, and rightfully so.

I've already noticed that Advanced Warfare now has less players than Black Ops 2, a game that was released 2 years ago pretty much shows that Sledgehammer and Actvision already had abandoned the game which is pathetic. Ghosts is pretty much a ghost town due to lack of support.

Even Battlefield Hardline's player base is declining fast compared to BF4 which is still going strong. It shows that both EA and Activision are incapable of delivering a quality product these days.

Back