Battlefield: Hardline

I do not have an MC within 6-7 hours of me in every direction so my local places will not price match.

EDIT: Or they could give me like a 50% off coupon to buy Hardline since I bought into the trash that was BF4.

Last edited:
I'm not going to make excuses for BF3 or 4, but I take it then you haven't been keeping up with patches? Besides the BS gadgets, you can actually turn off lag comp now in the options and the game is actually tolerable to fun.

I'm not going to make excuses for BF3 or 4, but I take it then you haven't been keeping up with patches? Besides the BS gadgets, you can actually turn off lag comp now in the options and the game is actually tolerable to fun.

I tried about a week ago and the tick rate is still just horrible. I ended up getting frustrated after 2 hours or so of playing that I just uninstalled again :/

I see instant gaming has it for $41 right now. I couldn't find it at MC. Not even listed there?

So..is it just me or is this game one long cut scene with sporatic moments of game play?

Just 20 minutes in, but, well, so far....geez.

That would make it actually fun and exciting to play...

Ya.. I am on the borderline right now of getting it. If hit detection is as good as I am seeing, it would be like playing BC2 all over and I have hundreds of hours into that game.

Be prepared potential buyers this game has less people playing (on PC) than BF4 did when the servers were down. I am not sure this game will even have active servers in a months time.

I have never seen a BF game with this low a player count.

Be prepared potential buyers this game has less people playing (on PC) than BF4 did when the servers were down. I am not sure this game will even have active servers in a months time.

Where are you seeing these numbers? Link?

I remember bf4 hovering around 100+k for pc at launch, so yeah that's my main concern with hardline.

I remember bf4 hovering around 100+k for pc at launch, so yeah that's my main concern with hardline.

And this is partially why you have all those buggy games, because the release date matters. If it came out around Christmas, it would probably have sold better. It's really not a bad game, despite all the anti-EA fan boys stating that EA is getting justice served. Tons of terrible games sell well when released in Nov. & Dec.

http://www.statista.com/statistics/201093/revenue-of-the-us-video-game-industry/

It's really not a bad game, despite all the anti-EA fan boys stating that EA is getting justice served.

Something something "completely lost my respect or expectations due to their decades long history of fucking over gamers" something something "they will be scrutinized moreso than anyone else due to their size and history". But hey, feel free to have no long term memory.

Probably the first time since bf3, have I loaded up a battlefield, and lost track of time. Was some good games last night, really didn't have any issues besides the "round the corner" deaths.. but eh.

Honestly don't think this is worth the 60 they want, maybe $30-40. But its been fun so far.

I am loving this game. Haven't really played anything but Hotwire (amazing) outside of a bit of conquest and can't recommend it highly enough.

Good news on the player count front: today BF Stats is listing 20K players - word of mouth is looking good on this game,

Well EU unlocks 19-20th so there should be a bump
. weekend numbers will be telling.

I have never seen sillier gloom and doom, sky-is-falling FUD while half the world doesn't yet have the game unlocked. Whole lot of PC players in Europe.

Because playing with people with pings over 200 is what everyone wants...oh wait.

I have never seen sillier gloom and doom, sky-is-falling FUD while half the world doesn't yet have the game unlocked. Whole lot of PC players in Europe.

You don't find it worrisome that Hardline has 1/10th the playerbase at launch than BF4? If you are in the states why would you care about the numbers including Euro/Asia? You shouldn't be playing on EU servers with EU players if you are doing it right.

5k active US players on launch day is utter failure. This game will be dead by summer just like Evolve.

They need to get back to its roots and do a proper followup for 1942, including Wake island map.
Best map of all time.

They need to get back to its roots and do a proper followup for 1942, including Wake island map.
Best map of all time.

Lol, Hotwire Wake Island map would suck so bad, some of the limited route Hotwire maps are bad enough with Sabotage and other devices.

You don't find it worrisome that Hardline has 1/10th the playerbase at launch than BF4? If you are in the states why would you care about the numbers including Euro/Asia? You shouldn't be playing on EU servers with EU players if you are doing it right.

5k active US players on launch day is utter failure. This game will be dead by summer just like Evolve.

I look at it like I put about 25-30 hours into each of the two beta's, so I'm not worried I'll get my money's worth in the next 6 months. It only needs to last until Battlefront in December. I also think its got more legs than Evolve, since casuals won't lose interest nearly as fast. The type of playerbase that they focused Evolve's core gameplay on is a very narrow one.

And I'm not sure that BF4 is a fair comparison since that game launched with a much bigger marketing buildup, and in the holiday sales window instead of March. Kinda apples v oranges, but then I dont think anyone expected it to be as big as BF4.

Now, is it a shame that gone are the days of a Battlefield title that lasts for years and years, there are mods, etc? Definitely. But you can see by the player stats who drives videogame development now - the little dummies on the consoles, and they've got goldfish attention spans and ready to pull out mommy's credit card whenever the tuesday new release hype train rolls into the station.

Last edited:
Lol, Hotwire Wake Island map would suck so bad, some of the limited route Hotwire maps are bad enough with Sabotage and other devices.

However hotwire on Wake with boats instead of cars may actually be fun.

so I finished the single player which was ultimately kind of weird and I've played the enforcer class quite a bit in multiplayer and the automatic weapons - Scar H and SA-58 OSW are difficult to fire accurately as they shoot all over the place. Shotguns are great though.

Only bought it because a friend who pre-ordered the moment that went up gave me a money back guarantee if I don't like it, lol. I'm supposed to give it two weeks.

We'll see. lol

Requested my refund, first time I've done that. Multiplayer is essentially unplayable to me. Hotwire and Blood Money were awesome modes but they don't solve the core problems of the game, which in fact appeared even worse than BF4.

Pros:
Hotwire and Blood Money
SP campaign
SP campaign voice acting (MP voice acting is terrible)
Some SP/MP levels were nicely done (Derailed was a fun map)
Weapon sound design

Cons:
Begins and ends with TTK. All the problems with the multiplayer are magnified by the TTK, be it weapon balance, trade kills (I get 2-3x more than BF4, which is amazing,) lack of team distinction via audio or visual clues, map design, etc. The unlock system is also a chore and also has to do with TTK, funny enough. I gave up trying to unlock anything to control that goddamn OSW battle rifle and went back to shotguns because even putting it in single shot mode didn't give me a chance to kill any better. Why? Because while I'm waiting for the recoil to settle from one or two shots, the guy I'm shooting at has sent half his clip my way and I'm likely dead. You are at a massive disadvantage if you don't have the higher ROF in a given fight, regardless of your aim. I know that's true in a lot of games but it renders some weapons utterly useless.

Speaking of map design: Block. Why the fuck is this even a thing in fps anymore? 50 yards wide by 300 yards long? That's just lazy.

There is good and great with the game, particularly with some awesome, chaotic chases in Hotwire. Outside of that it just feels like it is an extension of BF4 with all the same problems kicked up a notch or two. At best it comes off as a fan-made game version of HEAT, at worst the most abysmal multiplayer experience I've had since World of Tanks.

And that's saying something.

Last edited:

I mean a completely new game, but with WW2 in mind again.

I never saw epic large scale battles since BF 1942, dog fighting was unbelievable, ship to ship, etc

They need to fix Hardcore mode since it doesn't feel like Hardcore.
Semi Auto rifle takes 3 or more hits to kill, sometimes it takes 2 headshots to kill, wtf.

weapon strength needs to be fixed as well.
50 cal sniper rifle takes 2 body shots to kill yet the Sniper Elite kills you with one shot to the arm or leg?????

Ya, when they said Navel battles were coming back for BF4, the BS we got was not what I was expecting and then when they said Titan Mode that was even worse. The FrostByte engine has been one of the worse things to happen to the BF series and I can't wait until its gone with all its technical limitations. While they did improve the driving in Hardline, collisions are a joke and you'll end up driving teammates off the road even when you aren't even aware that you are making contact with them, I had a motorcycle on my team knock me off the road during Hotwire.

Otherwise, the game not taking itself as serious and more fun like BadCo is a lot of fun and taking first place on the leader board without firing a shot and just driving is awesome, just being a slick driver.

They shoulda put some trucks in the game...maybe a jeep or type of off road vehicle. We will have to see what's in store. Voice more opinion on the hardline forum i guess!

I had a chance to play a bit of Rescue. I enjoyed the game style. I'm waiting on these servers to adjust there ticket max so some modes are longer than 10 minutes.

Ya, considering you have a 2 week time frame and you didn't give it to the weekend, that is pretty lame.

They need to fix Hardcore mode since it doesn't feel like Hardcore.
Semi Auto rifle takes 3 or more hits to kill, sometimes it takes 2 headshots to kill, wtf.

weapon strength needs to be fixed as well.
50 cal sniper rifle takes 2 body shots to kill yet the Sniper Elite kills you with one shot to the arm or leg?????

Honestly they need to get rid of Hardcore and stop splitting the community. And HC players can just learn to aim. Hardcore modes are the bane of FPS games today.

Back