Battlefield: Hardline

It's going to be more popular then Call of Duty Advanced Warfare even though COD is better game =)

Xholes already playing since members of EA's subscription service on Xbox get it a week early. Well technically they're limited to 6 hours of early access gameplay before it cuts off and they have to wait until release. Whatever.

Some of the new maps we haven't seen outside of trailers look very cool though.

http://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/Battlefield Hardline

Last edited:
Based on the new press and how amazing the beta ended up I went ahead and pulled the trigger. Can't wait for next week.

Looks like preload is live, GMG code arrived and my Ultimate Edition is downloading.

Thanks for heads up, downloading mine now and looking forward to Tuesday.

In other news:

Yes, apparently, you can find a couch called “Merica” on Battlefield Hardline’s Dust Bowl map that you and three others can hop on and drive around, shooting your weapons or splattering enemies with road kills. It also happens to pack a lot of horse power and can catch some serious air off jumps.

Drivable Couch Easter Egg - Battlefield Hardline: https://youtu.be/yKEZn9hLMiI

FYI Origin says the game will be playable monday night 9pm PDT (midnight EDT).

I'm anticipating this game - I really enjoyed the beta and I already preloaded the 33 or so gb so I'll be online Monday night. I found the trash talking of the criminals hilarious and I'm hoping and praying theres not any crossfire issues because AMD/ATI has really dropped the ball with their lack of driver updates the past few months.

Only bought it because a friend who pre-ordered the moment that went up gave me a money back guarantee if I don't like it, lol. I'm supposed to give it two weeks.

We'll see. lol

I'm anticipating this game - I really enjoyed the beta and I already preloaded the 33 or so gb so I'll be online Monday night. I found the trash talking of the criminals hilarious and I'm hoping and praying theres not any crossfire issues because AMD/ATI has really dropped the ball with their lack of driver updates the past few months.
Game has mantle so possibly you maybe fine on AMD CFX.

do people still play BFBC2? That was the last time I enjoyed the Battlefield series and this game is looking like that won't be changing that.

Battlelog website for Hardline is up - I just switched my avatar to the criminal with the red track jacket and everything is set to zero but pretty soon my deaths will wildly outnumber my kills but I'll enjoy it because isn't that what this is all about? :D

Battlelog website for Hardline is up - I just switched my avatar to the criminal with the red track jacket and everything is set to zero but pretty soon my deaths will wildly outnumber my kills but I'll enjoy it because isn't that what this is all about? :D

Pretty much. I would say 70% of my time playing this game will be dedicated to Hotwire maps.

Well the plan was to stay up late tonight to play, and subsequently be a sack of shit tomorrow at work :D. But I came down with a bug this weekend and don't think I have it in me for a late night. More power to you guys that stay up tonight for some gaming fun.

Let the traditional VPN unlocking of Battlefield title begin, to bad I have to work today :-(

Just avoid the "free" VPN's since they're data honeytraps; your Origin account/password will traverse their network in cleartext.

That goes without saying. I get off work at 9pm PDT when the game is set to unlock for me.

Enjoying the campaign so far and I'm a little more than halfway through. It's sort of like Battlefield meets Arkham in a way. edit: Also, they present the singleplayer in a episodic format like a TV show, complete with "previously, on Hardline"---great presentation overall.

The sound design is excellent as well.

Last edited:
I'll be on after work here in an hour and a half. I actually had no idea there was a single player campaign but I'm glad because i enjoy those and get a few playthroughs in.

Is anyone else getting some black rectangular flickering going on? (I'm guessing SLI related).

Still not a fan of the time to kill in Hardline. It is too much like COD. Even in normal it feels like you die from one shot.

I was playing Blood Money and grabbing the money and then I was dead. No notice, no chance to react and it says I was killed by a shot to the arm so it wasn't even a one shot kill to the head.

I have a feeling I will be taking advantage of Origin's generous return policy.

Enjoying the campaign so far and I'm a little more than halfway through. It's sort of like Battlefield meets Arkham in a way. edit: Also, they present the singleplayer in a episodic format like a TV show, complete with "previously, on Hardline"---great presentation overall.

The sound design is excellent as well.

Good to hear, not surprised. I expected a decent SP campaign for a change in a BF title, since its Visceral that made this one rather than DICE. I think BFBC2's stellar campaign was the last one DICE did well on.

Awesome game, loving it so far. Runs smooth as butter on my setup on 'ULTRA' @ 1920x1080

Ditto, only issue was on my friends PC where he kept getting a DX Error/Video Driver Failure, ended up updating DX and rolling back video card drivers to get it to work. I checked online and they all seem to have manufacture OC 600 series video cards in common, funny how this didn't happen in the beta. Once we got it working though got a good hour of fun in.

Convince me to buy this post some screenshot or something......
I've been putting this game down for the past month or so =)

not surprisingly the game is getting poor reviews...

** I'm sure the 1 apologist on this forum who thinks every game is worth full price and any complaint means you're an internet troll will come and state how everyone who is actually playing the game loves it

I'm sure it's a good game......

The stuff coming out next week is just more interesting =)

i played mp last night for a couple hours and had a blast. played only Heist game mode but i'll try out some of the other game modes tonight. had a couple disconnects from servers last night but that was the only issue i had. i see people playing with weapons from the Digital Deluxe version, the L85A2 and CAR-556 for example. anyone know if these are available to everyone through unlocks or can you only get them through the Deluxe version?

Does the retail game support Mantle? I tried playing the last beta and had pretty bad performance. BF4 runs beautifully on my system using the Mantle renderer so I'm hoping that it works in BF:H now.

i played mp last night for a couple hours and had a blast. played only Heist game mode but i'll try out some of the other game modes tonight. had a couple disconnects from servers last night but that was the only issue i had. i see people playing with weapons from the Digital Deluxe version, the L85A2 and CAR-556 for example. anyone know if these are available to everyone through unlocks or can you only get them through the Deluxe version?

As of right now, no. People think they will do like they did with BF3 and release them later.

Does the retail game support Mantle? I tried playing the last beta and had pretty bad performance. BF4 runs beautifully on my system using the Mantle renderer so I'm hoping that it works in BF:H now.

It supports mantle from what I've read.

It supports mantle from what I've read.

Yeah I've read that too. I want to know if it actually does. Like, is there a menu option in the retail release where one can choose between DX and Mantle like in BF4?

Back