Battlefield: Hardline

Looks like console players already have access to it on twitch and I'm not talking about some of the producers who were under NDA up until yesterday, but had access for the past few days. It looks like it just opened up for everyone, though I can't see anyone on PC playing since I'm at work and mostly console p...players seem to be on.

Well, like BF4 you can unlock it early by connecting through a "free" VPN to Korea, and then a few days later you can be one of those dorks making threads about your Origin account getting hacked. I'll prefer to do neither.

Last edited:
preloaded and ready to go again here, enjoyed the first beta too. looking forward to this again.

Played Conquest for about an hour. Runs about 50 FPS at 5460x1050 high quality settings, even when driving.

Seems Nvidia Adaptive Sync may be broken in Hardline until Nvidia puts out a beta driver to address it.

played a few matches of Conquest, Heist and Hotwire...can't really say I'm loving it...I'm not really a Battlefield player so maybe that has something to do with it...and yeah Adaptive V-Sync is not working...performance is excellent though...60 fps with my GTX 970

With the Open Beta - EA posted the recommended PC system specs for Battlefield: Hardline...

Recommended:
•CPU: INTEL QUAD-CORE CPU, AMD SIX-CORE CPU
•MEMORY: 8 GB RAM
•GRAPHICS CARD: AMD Radeon R9 290, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760
•GRAPHICS MEMORY: 3 GB
•HARD DRIVE: 60 GB
•DIRECTX 11

Minimum:
•PROCESSOR: Athlon II/Phenom II 2.8 GHz, Intel Core i3/i5 2.4GHz
•MEMORY: 4 GB RAM
•GRAPHICS CARD: ATI Radeon HD 5770 (1 GB), NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 (896 MB)
•HARD DRIVE: 60 GB
•DIRECTX 11

Game runs like butter on a stack of syrupy pancakes with the system in my sig.

Damn guess I have to try this again might as well since I might not buy it...

The link is really small when you click on the main page took me two trys to find it for the Beta.
So don't buy it =)

This is a tough decision for me. Seems that this beta is getting better reviews but it still seems like this should be an add-on to BF4.

I am torn between getting this or just holding out until star wars Battlefront (which will essentially be BF4 reskinned to Star Wars... YES PLEASE!!!!)

This is a tough decision for me. Seems that this beta is getting better reviews but it still seems like this should be an add-on to BF4.

I am torn between getting this or just holding out until star wars Battlefront (which will essentially be BF4 reskinned to Star Wars... YES PLEASE!!!!)

Oh come on. not the "add on for BF4" again :rolleyes: #really

anyone running into any issues with 347.25 w/ GSync setups?
resolution adjustment is a mess, it's detecting the proper resolution @ 2560x1440, but whenever I try to run fullscreen it looks like it's trying to upscale...

anyone running into any issues with 347.25 w/ GSync setups?
resolution adjustment is a mess, it's detecting the proper resolution @ 2560x1440, but whenever I try to run fullscreen it looks like it's trying to upscale...
Have you tried running the game without G-sync to see if it has the same issue? I'll see what happens tonight on my PG278Q.

Oh come on. not the "add on for BF4" again :rolleyes: #really
Every sequel/spin-off is just an add-on, #amirite?

played a few matches of Conquest, Heist and Hotwire...can't really say I'm loving it...I'm not really a Battlefield player so maybe that has something to do with it...and yeah Adaptive V-Sync is not working...performance is excellent though...60 fps with my GTX 970

Hardline is nothing like your typical battlefield game so it probably doesnt' have anything to do with it unless you just don't like the name Battlefield.

I just played Heist I think some guy blew a hole through the roof not sure WTF is going on something about package and stuff...Game is a disorganized cluster...
Love the graphics like the Interface after game rewards just a disorganized cluster.

I like the dust storm in one of those large Conquest maps...graphics look better in that map as well...overall the graphics are a mixed bag...gameplay feels like CoD

Saw on Reddit that the beta defaults to intel integrated graphics. Go to your graphics card CP to right that ship ASAP. Should take care of driver/synch issues.

Runs well for a beta. At this rate I really can't see any reason to imagine the final game would come out in anywhere remotely near the state BF4 was when it launched.

It's cops and Robbers no it's a re-skinned battlefield =)
Battlefield is cool because you get to use real weapons and real vehicles that you never would try in real life this just has Cars and guys running around with Police on the back of their shirt.
Going to uninstall the Beta game looks nice but it's just too weird.

i think i would rather play GTA5 on pc with some friends than this, tried the beta a little when it unlocked, and also when it was alpha months ago

its just not cops and robbers without civilians to harass and a large city to run around in, when it comes to BF i prefer military equipment.

Tried the alpha last year and wasn't impressed or interested... this beta though is very fun, been playing Heist and Hotwire modes all day. I'm especially interested in the VIP protection mode though, that one looks like it'd be awesome like the old Team Fortress protection one. The gunplay is very tight and it has all of the improvements to things like the netcode, scaling the minimap/etc. that BF4 had implemented the past while. I wasn't even going to buy it but now I'll be looking for a discount and grabbing it! Also, this game is nothing like Battlefield other than being an FPS, so please can the "fan-made mod" absurdity :p.

Took me a few minutes to figure out the point of each mode but once I did it was great. I especially love the closer quarters combat on a lot of the areas.

I played a few rounds - surprisingly I enjoyed it although my expectations weren't very high.

I also found the trash talk of the criminals hilarious. :D

Welp, I definitely plan on buying it after playing heist for a bit. The beta has been fun so far.

I can't get the game into full screen mode. Every time I try to apply the setting it crashes the game. Any suggestions as I have found nothing on google.

Played the beta for a bit. Overall I didn't care for it. I mainly played the mode where you get in arms and aimlessly drive around in circles to grind for cash. It wasn't very fun.

What also annoyed me was the new weapon animations, which are of low quality. BF3/4 had excellent animations across the board (aside from unsynced death/hit animations between players) so it was disappointing to see Hardline brought the quality level down a notch or two.

I'll try some other modes, but it felt rather dull to me.

Played the beta for a bit. Overall I didn't care for it. I mainly played the mode where you get in arms and aimlessly drive around in circles to grind for cash. It wasn't very fun.

What also annoyed me was the new weapon animations, which are of low quality. BF3/4 had excellent animations across the board (aside from unsynced death/hit animations between players) so it was disappointing to see Hardline brought the quality level down a notch or two.

I'll try some other modes, but it felt rather dull to me.

Aren't you the guy who spent months lambasting Battlefield 4?

Something is wrong with a bunch of Cops like 20 running around with Bad guys and arrows over their heads in the Arizona Desert.

I'm glad they released beta/demo...now I know for sure I'm not buying...so now instead of pre-release demos, we're getting 'betas'...so developers can say that the beta is not representative of the final build

vehicle physics suck...weapons don't feel right

I agree. Weapon accuracy is oddly low. More similar to an airgun than an actual gun. Your player also has the strength of a 13 year old girl making the guns recoil like crazy despite their low range/damage. :p It feels a lot like those older console shooter mechanics which gave absurd recoil that climbs up to compensate for an inability to actually model recoil. Vehicles feel more or less the same as BF3/4. I found everything to be a bit "floaty" or laggy. Nothing was very precise. I don't care for the game, which is a good thing.

1.) No reason to push aggressive with the bag, if you die and another teamate caps you get no points. :rolleyes:
2.) Hotwire is leaving KDR whores in confusion, basically a merry go round with Fighting in the middle. No point in anything other then GL/Repair Torch
3.) Various teamplay techniques reward no points/cash so no one does them.

Things done right:
1.) Voucher based weapon unlocks (can pick the gun it goes to)
2.) SPM/Teamplay rewarding cash for unlocks
3.) Buying Battlepacks with cash

Back