Battlefield: Hardline

this is an expansion, BF4 was DLC. at least thats how it feels like.

...and four hours later i still can't play the game.

The point was is back in the early battlefield games this would of been a mod and better than what they have in hardline. There is a whole generation of gamers now that have no idea what they are missing out on. Its hard for people to grasp how amazing the mod scene was back in the late 90's early 2ks.

If like me you were unable to play because of battlelog, go to the game in Origin and view details. Copy the product code and either through Origin or the store.origin.com redeem product code. This finally made the game playable by me.

If like me you were unable to play because of battlelog, go to the game in Origin and view details. Copy the product code and either through Origin or the store.origin.com redeem product code. This finally made the game playable by me.

Unfortunately, that didn't work for me.

Try both then, mine only worked after I tried the store.origin.com page. Then I tried chrome and it worked. When I went back to firefox it was working then also.

The point was is back in the early battlefield games this would of been a mod and better than what they have in hardline. There is a whole generation of gamers now that have no idea what they are missing out on. Its hard for people to grasp how amazing the mod scene was back in the late 90's early 2ks.

I remember rotary phones too.

Unfortunately, that didn't work for me.

didnt work for me either.. it said successfully redeemed which is weird because i got the key from the origin account already... :confused:

edit: tried it on a different browser and it worked, now its working in chrome too, i guess it did fix it (took a little while though)

thanks for the suggestion.

I signed up for the beta way earlier today, never received an email, didn't get added to my Origin.

Oh well.

I signed up for the beta way earlier today, never received an email, didn't get added to my Origin.

Oh well.

i watched the event live and signed up before my friends yet they got in and i didn't lol

Regardless of everyone thinking its a reskinned BF4, its something new and refreshing and they pull it off really well so far, for a beta that is.

Seriously, this beta right now is playing better than BF4 ever did when it came out.

No matter how much you doll up bf3 with different modes and gimmicks the core gameplay feels shallow and boring. Looks no different with this game.

Regardless of everyone thinking its a reskinned BF4, its something new and refreshing and they pull it off really well so far, for a beta that is.

Seriously, this beta right now is playing better than BF4 ever did when it came out.

The two aren't mutually exclusive. Just because it feels new and refreshing doesn't mean its not a reskinned BF4.

As for optimization, not surprising it feels like it plays better, seeing as its benefitted from all the improvements and bugfixes that have gone into BF4 since it came out. Just more proof it is a reskinned BF4. And the two modes on a single map in the beta also has less going on than BF4 maps as far as destruction and other world events that need to be synced many times per second per client.

The two aren't mutually exclusive. Just because it feels new and refreshing doesn't mean its not a reskinned BF4.

As for optimization, not surprising it feels like it plays better, seeing as its benefitted from all the improvements and bugfixes that have gone into BF4 since it came out. Just more proof it is a reskinned BF4. And the two modes on a single map in the beta also has less going on than BF4 maps as far as destruction and other world events that need to be synced many times per second per client.

You can call anything a reskin/derivative of a previous game... that's really a pretty silly line of thought and way of thinking about it.

Signed up pretty late (8pm or so last night) but hoping I get in... the game looks very promising. I will admit I chuckled when I saw this guy complaining about specular shaders and other graphical goodies not being fully implemented on textures yet when it's still several months out from release and a one-map public beta.

Graphics are last gen crap.. Ultra settings. No way I'm paying $60 for a BF4 map pack w/ MP tweaks.

[*IMG]http://i.imgur.com/az38JRZ.jpg[/IMG]

See above.

I can think of maybe 4-5 mods that were truly amazing, and most of those have become their own games at this point. There's no real incentive even if the tools were available, for talented people to spend hundreds or thousands of man-hours with a team to make what essentially is a full-fledged game, for free as a mod anyway nowadays with how relatively easy it is to put out a standalone title with middleware engines and platforms like steam/origin/amazon/greenmangaming around.

And really, that's what most of the mods were, complete re-dos of the game they were based on, replacing the models, textures, sound, gameplay, the whole works, to where it wasn't the same game other than the engine. There's not much we're missing out on because if a team wants to, they still can easily put out a great game for free. You just will be hard-pressed to find many teams willing to do so nowadays.

You can call anything a reskin/derivative of a previous game... that's really a pretty silly line of thought and way of thinking about it.

Signed up pretty late (8pm or so last night) but hoping I get in... the game looks very promising. I will admit I chuckled when I saw this guy complaining about specular shaders and other graphical goodies not being fully implemented on textures yet when it's still several months out from release and a one-map public beta..

Did you say the same thing about Watch Dogs?

You did see gameplay streams on Twitch today, yes? Its essentially watching people play Battlefield 4.

I'm not putting the title down when I call it a re-skin. I'm still a fan of this series, but I'm calling a spade a spade. I'll probably even buy the damn thing.

Last edited:
lol

5Kr0OTL.gif

I played the beta for a bit last night and neither mode did much for me.

Heist was ok, but seemed just like a slower version of Obliteration.

Blood Money was a complete campfest. People just camping the other teams vault and killing anyone who tried to drop money off.

I didn't care for the unlock system either, but that might be due to beta. It seemed like I could unlock guns but not attachments. I guess you unlock those with stars.

Forgot about that game. I don't think I ever played multiplayer in it though.

Has anyone seen a full list of game modes yet?

LOL...I remember KingPin too. It had amazing graphics back then and I was kid so it was insane to hear the fuck this fuck that all over a video game and stuff lol.

Damn, you need to be sent emails telling you that you're in?

It was either they stagger the invites and control the mass influx of people trying to play this closed beta, or they have the internet lighting up with bitching and ranting about how they're having trouble joining servers and they're laggy and blah blah blah.

So far I'd say they're playing this pretty smart, and by and large the gameplay has been pretty smooth; and the reviews and comments about the beta gameplay I read around the 'net seem pretty positive.

Do I HAVE to install Punkbuster to play this Beta? I don't have fond memories of Punkbuster, and it never seemed to do anything but get me kicked off servers due to version mismatches.

ugh. So, do I HAVE TO?

It's a little cheesier than BF4 but it's a lot of fun. I like the whole cops-robbers-loot theme.

Back